Abandoned Planes

OZEMADE

The Airports of Thailand wants to get access to more than 88 abandoned planes to assist in getting travellers out but the protesters are refusing to allow pilots and support crews through their blockades.

Security at the International airport has been breached and members of PAD have been seen on the tarmac mingling around the planes. AOT state that the planes will have to be checked before they are allowed to fly. This will take days to check them all if not weeks to check them thoroughly.

PAD now state they want to also blockade the shipping ports/container terminals. Dont they realise the place has almost come to a standstill already.

I feel sorry for the Thai's that are not involved and the ones that really dont know what is happening to their country.

That was quick PAD and AOT came to an agreement and all 88 planes flew out tonight? What about the check they were going to do on the planes.

Edited by OZEMADE

Yep. It was quick.

Once this is over, I would like to see what international authority would allow airplanes departing from Suvi to land in their airports. I doubt the USA would allow any direct flight. The security of the entire airport is of great doubt. How long to sweep it of all non authorized personnel? How long to be sure all card readers are correct? All key locks are OK? All panic or one way doors are secure?

This does not even address the airplane flight safety itself. Planes are built to take a beating, but it takes more than just routine pre-flight checks to properly launch an airplane. One can skip all the mechanical and electrical and maintenance checks, but I don't like the idea.

Oh dear oh dear, more conspiracy theories.........

No conspiracy theory.

Just look at the way the protesters are allowed around the terminal with apparent access to secure or security areas, plus reports they are on runways and around planes.

Can one imagine the USA or UK allowing such behaviour?!

And have to wonder how much thieving or damage is being done to property at the airport?

Edited by Zodiac

yes but it is a good point,all thaes checks will have to be done which will make "things back to normal"take even longer,"the economic ramifications will be huge.The problem for places like the airports is that this is an internal dispute between PAD and PPP,and excess force to remove PAD,could cause more violence all over the country.If it had been external terrorists doing this at the airport i'm sure the army would have gone in a long time ago.

No conspiracy theory.

Just look at the way the protesters are allowed around the terminal with apparent access to secure or security areas, plus reports they are on runways and around planes.

Can one imagine the USA or UK allowing such behaviour?!

And have to wonder how much thieving or damage is being done to property at the airport?

never mind and go sleeping ...............; no US or UK airplane on the tarmac but you can buy a ZODIAC in pattaya to escape by sea and gulf of siam

Whats the odds that there is any booze left in the duty free shops at the airport?

The most important point made. I do hope they stock up before re-opening.