What Countries For Thai, Without Visa

My Thai wife and I have flights booked from the UK to BKK for Dec 12th. If we can go we will, but it's not looking good, hence we're starting to think where else we can go if flights are cancellled, espeacially as my wife can't cancel her holiday from work so we might as well go somewhere.

So we might be looking for a cheap holiday at short notice and I'm wondering where we can both go, without either of us needing a visa. From what I hear we will need an appointment to get the Schengen visa for Europe which takes time. So, any ideas of countries worth visiting which we can both visit without a visa?

As far as I am aware, your wife can visit all ASEAN countries with the exception of Myanmar without a visa.

All ASEAN countries with the exception of Myanmar and Cambodia

Not sure what you mean by cheap holiday, but you/she can go to South Africa without a visa and stay for upto 3 months, My Mrs has been 4 times to Cape Town on holiday and loves it there..

I presume that if you cannot fly to the UK you will not be able to fly to Europe or South Africa, so you are restricted to somewhere within easy travelling distance, such as Malaysia. In the event that the problems are still going on when you hope to travel, I imagine all the flights from regional airports will have been booked up, as will buses and trains.

Lets all pray that it will be resolved soon.

I presume that if you cannot fly to the UK you will not be able to fly to Europe or South Africa, so you are restricted to somewhere within easy travelling distance, such as Malaysia. In the event that the problems are still going on when you hope to travel, I imagine all the flights from regional airports will have been booked up, as will buses and trains.

Lets all pray that it will be resolved soon.

"from the UK to BKK for Dec 12th"...OP is coming the other way..

It are bilateral agreements, meaning agreements between the two countries. To these a Thai can travel without a need for a visa.

Note that it is not all countries which are elligeble for a visa exempt entry, only the ones under bilateral agreement. So the UK, USA etc not, but Hong Kong yes.

My Thai wife and I have flights booked from the UK to BKK for Dec 12th. If we can go we will, but it's not looking good, hence we're starting to think where else we can go if flights are cancellled, espeacially as my wife can't cancel her holiday from work so we might as well go somewhere.

So we might be looking for a cheap holiday at short notice and I'm wondering where we can both go, without either of us needing a visa. From what I hear we will need an appointment to get the Schengen visa for Europe which takes time. So, any ideas of countries worth visiting which we can both visit without a visa?

Peru's not expensive, other South American countries possible, but flights probably filling up for Xmas.

Try Hong Kong, i havent been thier yet but everyone tells me that this is the best of the countries that thais are allowed a visa on arrival. My wife always tells me that she would rather travel in her own country than the other Asian countries around thailand we have traveled. Singapore is so expensive and reservations are a must unless you want to stay in a closet for $200 a night. India would probably not be a great idea.

As far as I am aware, your wife can visit all ASEAN countries with the exception of Myanmar without a visa.

Wiki sais they can to Cambodia, but mfa.go.th sais only with diplomatic or official passport

What do they mean with official passport?

the countries or regions that grant visa-free or visa-on-arrival to personal Thailand passport holders are:

90 days for all passport type.

Argentina

Brazil

Chile

Haiti

Panama (Visa on arrival at 5 USD maximum stay of 90 days)

Peru

Bermuda (Maximum stay of 6 months)

South Korea

Andorra

Switzerland (For a traveller with valid Schengen visa only)

Ethiopia (on arrival for a maximum stay of 3 months)

Kenya (Visa on arrival maximum stay of 3 months)

Madagascar (Visa on arrival at 28,000 MGA)

Fiji (Maximum stay 120 days)

Solomon Islands ("Visitors Permit" required, which can be obtained on arrival for a maximum stay of 3 months)

60 days for all passport type.

Nepal (Visa on arrival at 30 USD)

Samoa (Visa on arrival)

30 days for all passport type.

Armenia (on arrival)

Cambodia (Visa on arrival - tourist for $20, business for $25)

East Timor (Visa on arrival - $30)

Hong Kong

Indonesia

Laos

Macau

Malaysia

Maldives

Oman (Visa on arrival - 6 Omani rial)

Philippines

Russia

Transnistria

Abkhazia

South Ossetia

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Burkina Faso (on arrival)

Singapore

South Africa

Sri Lanka

Vietnam

Vanuatu (Extension of stay up to 4 months in any 1 year period possible)

Tuvalu (on arrival for a stay of max. one month)

Tonga (on arrival)

Rwanda (on arrival provided passenger has applied for a visa through the website www.migration.gov.rw)

Uganda

Zambia

Burundi

Cape Verde (on arrival)

Comoros

Djibouti

Mozambique

Seychelles free for 1 month

Tanzania

Togo on arrival for max. 7

Azerbaijan

Georgia

Tajikistan (on arrival)

Dominica for stay of max. 21 days.

Micronesia

Niue

Palau Islands on arrival for a stay of max. 30 days (extension possible).

Marshall Islands (on arrival)

Mongolia

15 days for all passport type.

Bangladesh (Visa on arrival - $50, available at Zia Airport; diplomatic and official passport for 30-day visa-free)

14 days for all passport type.

Brunei

Bahrain (Visa on arrival cost 5 Bahraini dinar)

Others

Iran (1 week Visa on arrival)

Jordan (Visa on arrival cost 10 Jordanian dinar)

Maldives (Visa on arrival - 30 days)

Papua New Guinea (Visa on arrival cost 100 PGK)

Syria (Visa on arrival - payment)

Togo (Visa on arrival - 7 days)

Wiki sais they can to Cambodia, but mfa.go.th sais only with diplomatic or official passport

Wiki is wrong....Thai nationals on a standard passport need a visa, it can be issued as a VOA

An offical passport can be goverment employees on goverment business, but are not diplomats

wikipedia site says

This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding reliable references. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (November 2007)

colino

so it admits to not being a 100%

Wiki is wrong....Thai nationals on a standard passport need a visa, it can be issued as a VOA

An offical passport can be goverment employees on goverment business, but are not diplomats

Have gone to Cambodia a few times with Thai National - great to visit/holida and is not expensive if you stay away from fancy hotels in PP - 20$ US for visa at the airport