Where Can I Get The Best Travel Insurance

Tango7

Can anyone suggest where I can get a very comprehensive travel insurance for travelling back to the UK ?

I'm travelling with my Thai wife who is 10 weeks pregnant and I want to cover both of us for any unexpected complications. I'd like good health and life coverage and I'd like her to have quality health insurance in case of complications.

I looked at Bupa but they seem have have restrictions on pregnancy.

Any suggestions always appreciated. I have this topic set to email me when you reply.

Cheers

Tango7

Which I am sorry to say you are going to find with all of them, its a pre-existing "condition" prior to being insured

so certainly the pregnancy and associated/related conditions will be excluded from any policy you will sign up for

Normally most policies like BUPA require someone to signed up on a policy for a period of 12 months before they will pay

for pregnancy

sorry could be of more help

Life cover has nothing to do with a holiday. Life assurance in Thailand is stupidly expensive at up to 13 times the cost in the UK. Buy some there.

You don't really need medical cover, they still have the NHS.

You just need some travel insurance for the other risks. I'm sure there are some policies out there but what limits I do not know.

Can anyone suggest where I can get a very comprehensive travel insurance for travelling back to the UK ?

I'm travelling with my Thai wife who is 10 weeks pregnant and I want to cover both of us for any unexpected complications. I'd like good health and life coverage and I'd like her to have quality health insurance in case of complications.

Any suggestions always appreciated. I have this topic set to email me when you reply.

Cheers

Tango7

Thai Visa Insurance has several different Travel policies from different companies. Please contact them with your requirements : http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form

Cheers

Tango7

Sorry, Tango, her pregnancy is a pre-existing condition. Health and travel insurance companies don't cover pre-existing conditions. At the very best, she might be covered for an unexpected life threatening medical emergency related to her pregnancy, but nothing more. Even if you had planned ahead and bought a health insurance plan for the two of you in Thailand, you would have had to pay extra for maternity coverage. (Okay, there is an exception). And, you would have had to have purchased the coverage at least 3 months before your wife got pregnant. If you had purchased a good health insurance plan with maternity coverage back then, you wouldn't be desperately seeking some kind "magic" travel policy now. You would have even been covered for travel also. Oh, well...Go ahead and get good medical coverage for the trip and just accept the fact that you will have to pay out-of-pocket for any problems related to her pregnancy. Good luck.