Loads Of Flights Now Going To/from Chiang Mai

WinnieTheKhwai

I checked some flight status websites and it seems many airlines are now flying through Chiang Mai; JAL, Gulf Air, ANA, China Airlines and more. Can anyone confirm this (from having been at the airport)?

I think this is great news, frankly. I have friends departing and arriving so it's actually more convenient for them.

I've a China Air flight originally scheduled from Bkk on Dec 18th. If it goes from here instead I won't be complaining.

However for the sake of the Thai economy and all those suffering one way or another right now because of this crazy situation, I certainly hope the airport occupations will be over well before then.

Gulf Air travel news is saying that they have suspended flights to Bkk until Dec 3rd earliest, with a single flight to get stranded passengers from U Taphao.

China Airlines has the following info today:

Cancelled Flights

Flight CI-831 from Hong Kong to Bangkok and the return flight CI-832 have been cancelled.

Flight CI-833 from Taipei to Bangkok and the return flight CI-834 have been cancelled.

Flight CI-835 from Taipei to Bangkok and the return flight CI-836 have been cancelled.

Flight CI-839 from Kaohsiung to Bangkok and the return flight CI-840 have been cancelled

Special Extra Flight

Flight CI-7917/7918 will use a A330-300 aircraft, with a total of 313 seats.

CI-7917 Taipei - Utapao ETD 09:35 / ETA 12:25

CI-7918 Utapao - Taipei ETD 15:35 / ETA 20:05

Rerouted Flights

Flight CI-065/066 Taipei - Bangkok – Amsterdam v.v. have been rerouted to Taipei –Chiang Mai – Amsterdam v.v., and will use a B747-400 aircraft, with a total of 397 seats.

CI-065 Taipei – Chiang Mai ETD 22:20/1 Dec // ETA 01:10+1/2 Dec

Chiang Mai – Amsterdam ETD 03:40/2 Dec// ETA 10:10/2 Dec

CI-066 Amsterdam –Chiang Mai ETD 14:25/2 Dec// ETA 07:10+1/3 Dec

Chiang Mai –Taipei ETD 09:30/3 Dec// ETA 14:00/3 Dec

Flight CI-067/068 Taipei - Bangkok – Rome v.v. have been rerouted to Taipei –Chiang Mai – Rome v.v., and will use a A343-300 aircraft, with a total of 276 seats.

CI-067 Taipei –Chiang Mai ETD 23:35/1 Dec // ETA 02:25+1/2 Dec

Chiang Mai –Rome ETD 04:55/2 Dec// ETA 12:20/2 Dec

CI-068 Rome –Chiang Mai ETD 13:15/2 Dec// ETA 05:45+1/3 Dec

Chiang Mai –Taipei ETD 07:05/3 Dec// ETA 11:35/3 Dec

No info that I can see on JAL site.

Really it's a matter of trawling through the news sections of any airline affected to get their latest updates.

According to the BBC website this morning

"The deal allows a total 88 planes to be flown out to other Thai airports.

We have continued our consultations with airlines and Thai authorities...and action is being stepped up to enable people to travel in greater numbers, for example via Chiang Mai."

I am supposed to fly into Bangkok on Thursday night. But obviously i cant. So my 2 options are Singapore or Hong Kong. I am currently looking at flights i can get from either one of these places to CM or someother place in LOS. CM being the prefered destination.

I am supposed to fly into Bangkok on Thursday night. But obviously i cant. So my 2 options are Singapore or Hong Kong. I am currently looking at flights i can get from either one of these places to CM or someother place in LOS. CM being the prefered destination.

Jock, you can fly direct from Singapore to CM- but not from HK,

See ya soon :o

Trapped tourists I spoke with in the Walking Street last night said they'd been to U-Tapao and the crowds n chaos made them leave after a day of no progress. They also mentioned that airline seats were available thru CM and outward bound, however they felt the prices were thru the roof currently. Wondering if someone else can confirm this, but it certainly would be a time to gouge away at visitors aching to get back home.

I'm living under the flight paths (depending on the year and the weather) and I haven't seen or heard a plane for a week or so.

Curious, I also live under the flight path about 8 kms out and definitely been hearing them. A couple so low that my windows rattled early yesterday morning. Watched several leaving and arriving in the evening looking out from my back yard.

I'm living under the flight paths (depending on the year and the weather) and I haven't seen or heard a plane for a week or so.

Curious, I also live under the flight path about 8 kms out and definitely been hearing them. A couple so low that my windows rattled early yesterday morning. Watched several leaving and arriving in the evening looking out from my back yard.

I'm living south of CM (somewhere in between Amphoe Hang Dong and Amphoe Saraphi) and I can assure you that it's has been very quiet for a week.

I'm living south of CM (somewhere in between Amphoe Hang Dong and Amphoe Saraphi) and I can assure you that it's has been very quiet for a week.

Perhaps they are routing them a little differently now. Have seen some of their departure paths not quite normal.

I live on Canal Road and I have heard 4 or 5 so far today.
Got up at 8:00. Haven't heard a plane since then. It's 12:22

So I guess they're routing them differently.

Guess so -its been as noisy as hel_l over Chang Phueak this morning, seems like many more planes than usual + lots of military