Mayhem In Bangrak

Just after midnight yesterday, an 'inattentive' Thai gentleman hurtling through Bangrak in a pick-up managed to completely demolish around ten motorbikes outside Whispers Bar before careering across the road and crashing into a wall.

Fortunately no-one (as far as I know) was hurt although the driver was pretty well shaken up.

Do you recognise your bike???

post-23736-1228115370_thumb.jpg

post-23736-1228115337_thumb.jpg

I dread parking my bike on the main Ban Rak road!

Where possible i always try to park in a side lane.

Who is going to pay for the damages i wonder?

Word on the street (not facts!) is that since he was intoxicated he realized that he needed to pick up the bill to stay out of trouble, and also did so. Its just the word out there though...

hmmm hope that is true :o .... i saw a guy hit a motorbike on a very busy road in BKK today and just keep driving. It is unfortunately all too common for people to not stick around and take responsibility...

Word on the street (not facts!) is that since he was intoxicated he realized that he needed to pick up the bill to stay out of trouble, and also did so. Its just the word out there though...

find that very very hard to believe....but would love it if it were true....in the likely event it is not...too bad the truck driver was not seriously injured or killed :o

find that very very hard to believe....but would love it if it were true....in the likely event it is not...too bad the truck driver was not seriously injured or killed :D

normaly they do the run :D , whats wrong? :D i do not believe a thai will take resposible for ten bikes 450.000 bath :o

find that very very hard to believe....but would love it if it were true....in the likely event it is not...too bad the truck driver was not seriously injured or killed :D

normaly they do the run :D , whats wrong? :D i do not believe a thai will take resposible for ten bikes 450.000 bath :o

Ok. Lets get a bit realistic here, even if i still can´t claim it as a fact that the guy paid up. I heard it as a rumor of one of the girls that had a bike parked there, she claimed she got 25k on the spot. But it is a rumor still, NOT a fact!

BUT, 450 000? Let´s put a little perspective into this. He smashed 9 bikes in total. A brand new bike is 45k. But most lightly all of them were not brand new. Let´s just keep the figures in an accurate area please, so we not make it sound to crazy.

I dont know facts here, just rumors. Very important to point out!

who fast was the driver going to cause this much damage !! ..... glad it was people he did not hit......

Guy was doing 80 plus (km/hr). Anyone who heard (bikes getting smashed) it told it reminded of Mumbai situation - machine gun shooting from distance or nearby depending where you were seated. Big plus is that no one was hurt. People wondering around their collective smashed up bikes didn't seem to have realization what happens next and cops were just writing down the plate numbers and seeing that no one gets hurt in the after math.

No one walks around here with 200K (9 bikes totalled) plus in their pocket to pay up such a damage control on spot, you can bet on it.