Thai Political Parties Dissolved

PoorSucker

So far the red team is playing by the rules. You can not say that about the yellow team.

Please show me the rulebook that says murder is alright.

I wrote this in terms of teams, not individual actions. For instance, when the court asked the PM to resign he did. And the red team have by no means exercised politics to destroy the economy.

Neither has PAD. They occupied the airport for attention, much like a kid that throws him down on the floor in the supermarket and cries to get the candy he pointed at doesn't do it to give you -the bystander - a headache. It might be a side-effect. But it's not the aim.

True. Except a kid is a kid. Unless you're trying to say that the P.A.D. protesters have 5 year old mentalities.

The analogy was that they wanted attention - and they got it. We are all looking, are we not?

I understand the analogy. I just don't find the actions excusable as I might from a 5 year old kid. In any case, getting attention could have been done in a way that didn't include closing both airports in Bangkok. To give you just one example, a group of people demanding attention from the government in Mexico decided to camp in a public space (an esplanade of sorts) and dance naked twice daily. Just one amongst thousands of things people can do to get attention without creating massive damages to their own country. Cheers.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems to me that the 30-day stamps in passports have now been automatically converted into retirement visas. No overstay as long as the airport is closed and you have a ticket showing you were supposed to fly out of that airport. And some people are getting room and board for free too.

I believe the next thing you need to get out of TAT is free medical care.

:o

kenk3z

Already part of the deal based on some headlines at the Bangkok Post

I understand the analogy. I just don't find the actions excusable as I might from a 5 year old kid. In any case, getting attention could have been done in a way that didn't include closing both airports in Bangkok. To give you just one example, a group of people demanding attention from the government in Mexico decided to camp in a public space (an esplanade of sorts) and dance naked twice daily. Just one amongst thousands of things people can do to get attention without creating massive damages to their own country. Cheers.

Well their residency in a executive government facility went pretty much ignored... So when you are going up against a giant...

It seems to me that the 30-day stamps in passports have now been automatically converted into retirement visas. No overstay as long as the airport is closed and you have a ticket showing you were supposed to fly out of that airport. And some people are getting room and board for free too.

I believe the next thing you need to get out of TAT is free medical care.

:o

kenk3z

They've already said they will take care of any medical problems for free for stranded tourists.

I'll tell you why the PAD can't leave. As soon as their supporters leave, their leaders will get thrown into jail for all the laws they have broken and for the billions in damages they have created. They have only one way out now, which they have stated all along, which is "fight until death".

Total utter <deleted>.

With every post, you make yourself look more ridiculous. Its now 715pm, turn on the news, listen, learn, put your brain in gear and then post :o

Reuters has just announced that it will be assessed tomorrow as and when Swampy will re-open (the protestors are leaving tomorrow.) It could be signifigantly earlier than 15th December due to the fact that the protestors sealed off the departures area so that no looting could take place and therefore minimized the time it will take for things to get back to normal.

There are 300,000 people stranded and the airport can service up to 100,000 a day. There will be fewer people arriving as they have been scared off which will help with clearing the backlog.

Hopefully it will be back to normal sooner rather than later!

Edited by jonaz

BANGKOK - TOURISTS trying to escape a blockade of Bangkok's airports must now contend with the kingdom's dangerous roads, with three foreigners killed in the last few days in traffic accidents.

One van was headed down to the southern resort isle of Phuket, where airlines have put on extra flights to try and clear the backlog, while the Dutchman was killed in a taxi on his way by road to Malaysia.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNew...ory_309429.html

I'll tell you why the PAD can't leave. As soon as their supporters leave, their leaders will get thrown into jail for all the laws they have broken and for the billions in damages they have created. They have only one way out now, which they have stated all along, which is "fight until death".

Total utter <deleted>.

With every post, you make yourself look more ridiculous. Its now 715pm, turn on the news, listen, learn, put your brain in gear and then post :o

You realize I wrote that at 4pm? Are you stuck in time or something?

Well their residency in a executive government facility went pretty much ignored... So when you are going up against a giant...

OK, following your analogy of the kid vs. the giant. The kid makes a tantrum at the supermarket to get the candy. The parent gives in and buys the candy. What happens the next time the kid goes to the supermarket and wants a candy? If, on the other hand, the kid is punished, the tantrum won't happen again. Good parents discipline their disobedient children; good governments punish their disobedient citizens. Although I like the theory behind anarchy, in reality I do believe a measure of government repression is necessary for society to coexist peacefully.

I too hope this appeases the yellow shirts and we can now have a period of calm and some restoration at the airports and other places they have caused so much chaos, though I doubt we have seen the last of this if the PPP do come back under another name.

Time will tell.....

OK, following your analogy of the kid vs. the giant. The kid makes a tantrum at the supermarket to get the candy. The parent gives in and buys the candy. What happens the next time the kid goes to the supermarket and wants a candy? If, on the other hand, the kid is punished, the tantrum won't happen again. Good parents discipline their disobedient children; good governments punish their disobedient citizens. Although I like the theory behind anarchy, in reality I do believe a measure of government repression is necessary for society to coexist peacefully.

The parent uses unnecessary force and beats the kid down in the store... Child protective services comes in and removes the helpless kid from the control of the overbearing parent and hopefully prosecutes the parent for child neglect.

Total utter <deleted>.

With every post, you make yourself look more ridiculous. Its now 715pm, turn on the news, listen, learn, put your brain in gear and then post :D

OK, 3hours ago you were talking total <deleted>. Since then you have realised how silly you sounded and how wrong you were :o

My apologies

The parent uses unnecessary force and beats the kid down in the store... Child protective services comes in and removes the helpless kid from the control of the overbearing parent and hopefully prosecutes the parent for child neglect.

Agreed. Except 5 year old kids don't usually carry and shoot guns while they make a tantrum (or hold the entire store for ransom). Enough said.

It all appears to be a big joke, don't expect the air ports to be cleared in the next few weeks!!! :o:D:D

Cargo service resumes at Suvarnabhumi airport BANGKOK, Dec 2 (TNA) -- Dedicated air-cargo flight services at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi international airport in Bangkok's resumed Tuesday, but passenger service is not expected to restart until mid-month, according to Serirat Prasutanont, chief of the airport and acting director of Airports of Thailand (AoT).

Mr. Serirat said that anti-government protesters of the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) is still occupying the airport areas, the airport would be closed until 6pm on Monday December 15.

http://enews.mcot.net/view.php?id=7548

Edited by yadetout

Total utter <deleted>.

hey rainman You are really standing in the rain with your comments

Total utter <deleted>.

With every post, you make yourself look more ridiculous. Its now 715pm, turn on the news, listen, learn, put your brain in gear and then post :D

OK, 3hours ago you were talking total <deleted>. Since then you have realised how silly you sounded and how wrong you were :o

My apologies

No he hasn't - just wait.

hey rainman You are really standing in the rain with your comments

My comments don't hurt anyone. But PAD's actions in the past 7 days have ruined Thailand's economy and image. Who's really standing in the rain? The millions of Thai people who have already or will lose their jobs.

Releasing the airports that were never theirs does not justify PAD's actions.

Total utter <deleted>.

My apologies

No he hasn't - just wait.

:D:D . Well at least its lightening a dark moment

According to TNN seems like the vast majority of the PAD will be vacating Suvarnabhumi at 10am tomorrow.

NBT reporting the same. So... let me get this straight. What happened today was already planed for a while correct? And it was expected that they would disolve the party this whole time correct? So, not that I'm sad the protestors are leaving, but what exactly did they accomplish by creating all the problems? I mean, was the verdict giong to go a different way had they not taken over Suvarnabhumi? Was it because of the takeover that they are guilty and now forced out of office?

Just seems like a waste if its like I'm understanding and PPP was giong to be disolved anyway. i.e. alot of people suffered for nothing. Someone correct me if I understand things incorrectly.

-Jim

Just seems like a waste if its like I'm understanding and PPP was giong to be disolved anyway

No, the court hearing was moved forward by about two weeks and the plan to annule the constitution that was scheduled for Dec 8-9 fell through.

Mind you that PAD hoped the govt would resign after losing the airports, there were wrong. Govt couldn't care less.

In the end it was a two pronged approach that have done it - PAD and courts, and they both helped each other. Without PAD many cases wouldn't even have reached the courts, and without courts PAD wasn't able to force the govt to resign - now we know that there's no amount of damage the govt would allow to be inflicted on the country to save itself. PAD had no idea their depravation was so deep.

According to TNN seems like the vast majority of the PAD will be vacating Suvarnabhumi at 10am tomorrow.

NBT reporting the same. So... let me get this straight. What happened today was already planed for a while correct? And it was expected that they would disolve the party this whole time correct? So, not that I'm sad the protestors are leaving, but what exactly did they accomplish by creating all the problems? I mean, was the verdict giong to go a different way had they not taken over Suvarnabhumi? Was it because of the takeover that they are guilty and now forced out of office?

Just seems like a waste if its like I'm understanding and PPP was giong to be disolved anyway. i.e. alot of people suffered for nothing. Someone correct me if I understand things incorrectly.

-Jim

I think you have got it about spot on there Jim.

FF

No they where creating all the problems because noone stopped them from going to Suvarnabhumi. It was supposed to trigger some sort of response and provide an excuse for an coup. Someone miscaluted the response from both Somchai and the military.

Then nothing happened. And I have a feeling they did push the verdict forward. The outcome of that verdict have been given since it was first taken to court. They knew that this verdict wouldnt change the political facts any way at all. There is no legal way of pushing PTP out of the cabinet until the next general election. There is no way to stage a coup right now without looking like complete fools in the process, its way to transparent.

So PTP is now in the front seat with a clean slate and can by law go ahead and do the changes they wanted to the Constitution, whatever version that is right now...

It was supposed to trigger some sort of response

Yes, sure PAD hoped the govt wouldn't darehold the airport hostage to its own survival and resign - a perfectly sensible and democratic thing to do when you completely lose control of the country.

They thought that somewhere deep in their hearts the govt cared about people and the country. They were wrong, the govt didn't give a <deleted> about it.