Pad Needs 2 More Days To Remove All Belongings From Government House

Buckwheat

And do they intend to clean up the mess, make repairs to the damage and vandalism they created.

I bet not. --- Then again I can't, that would be breaking the law.

Actually, though not a PAD fan at all, I have to say that they were showing footage on t.v. last night of a few PAD supporters who had been given the task of cleaning up all the rubbish. The inside of the place looked o.k . Just gonna need some pretty major gardening to restore the place to its former condition .

The People's Alliance for Democracy needs two more days to dismantle all structures and remove all of its belongings from the Government House compound, Suriyasai Katasila, a PAD leader said Tuesday.

He said the PAD would officially hand over the Government House to the PM's office on Thursday.

The Nation

How ironic is this article? The PAD would officially hand over the Government house back the government. HAHAHA

Any word on if and when they hand the airport back to the AOT?

And do they intend to clean up the mess, make repairs to the damage and vandalism they created.

I bet not. --- Then again I can't, that would be breaking the law.

Actually, though not a PAD fan at all, I have to say that they were showing footage on t.v. last night of a few PAD supporters who had been given the task of cleaning up all the rubbish. The inside of the place looked o.k . Just gonna need some pretty major gardening to restore the place to its former condition .

I just saw that on Channel 3 news as well, and the police was showing the weapons they had collected in a heap too.

/bbp

Edited by BangkokBP

This is at odds with their release last night, I guess it's not really possible to tell which of the reports came first.

This is on the website right now though :

From http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/

PAD Not 'Giving Back' Govt House

UPDATE : 1 December 2008

The People's Alliance for Democracy has reiterated that they are not giving back Government House but PAD protesters have been advised not to spend the night at the government compound.

The PAD's called for its supporters not to spend the night at the Government House for safety reasons after the latest bomb attack has left over 40 injured and 4 are currently in a coma.

But the PAD reiterated that it is not giving back the Government House. Stage activities and security protocols will be maintained.

Very decent of them leaving after the court verdict that was a foregone conclusion anyway. So their shutting the airport has achieved what? Not the economic devastation, loss of face internationally, ruined tourism, not the swelling unemployed next year, no, I mean what positive effects have there been.

I suppose there is that they have saved the country from the corrupt Taksin who was, well very corrupt. Thailand has never in its history or ever will ever again see a person such as that who was so corrupt. Even his corruption had corruption, so corrupt he was. His corruption was a shock to the totally uncorrupt Thais, who were appalled by such corruption.

Very decent of them leaving after the court verdict that was a foregone conclusion anyway. So their shutting the airport has achieved what? Not the economic devastation, loss of face internationally, ruined tourism, not the swelling unemployed next year, no, I mean what positive effects have there been.

I suppose there is that they have saved the country from the corrupt Taksin who was, well very corrupt. Thailand has never in its history or ever will ever again see a person such as that who was so corrupt. Even his corruption had corruption, so corrupt he was. His corruption was a shock to the totally uncorrupt Thais, who were appalled by such corruption.

:o:D

Great to have some light relief in amongst so much knee-jerk tit-for-tat on these threads.

Very decent of them leaving after the court verdict that was a foregone conclusion anyway. So their shutting the airport has achieved what?

Moving the court date two weeks forward and thwarting the plan to annule the consitution on Dec 8.

I just posted this in another thread, but basically, the govt also knew it was a forgone conclusion - why did they stay? What if the court delivered the verdict in the middle of the month, as anticipated?

What would be the govt reason to hang on? I give you one - save their asses by amending consitution. The govt was quite prepared to keep the airport closed for another two weeks, they didn't give a <deleted>.

Very decent of them leaving after the court verdict that was a foregone conclusion anyway. So their shutting the airport has achieved what?

Moving the court date two weeks forward and thwarting the plan to annule the consitution on Dec 8.

I just posted this in another thread, but basically, the govt also knew it was a forgone conclusion - why did they stay? What if the court delivered the verdict in the middle of the month, as anticipated?

What would be the govt reason to hang on? I give you one - save their asses by amending consitution. The govt was quite prepared to keep the airport closed for another two weeks, they didn't give a <deleted>.

The govt was the ones keeping the airport closed? Now I'm really confused.

Apparently they should have surrended government to their enemies to keep the airport open..

So in your logic the ANTI-Government group the PAD, closed the airport because that’s what the government wanted???? You PAD supporters never fail to amaze me. Thank god or budha that this is all over for the time being, now lets see the LAW breaking PAD arrested for their crimes.

So in your logic the ANTI-Government group the PAD, closed the airport because that’s what the government wanted???? You PAD supporters never fail to amaze me. Thank god or budha that this is all over for the time being, now lets see the LAW breaking PAD arrested for their crimes.

What he was saying was that the government was less worried

about opening the airport as attempting the constitutional re-write.

If the original court date was mantained on 15th, the extraordinary

house / senate session planned for Dec. 8th and 9th for ostensibly signing ASEAN docs,

would have had a Thaksin TRT/PPP bill inserted in mid stream and quick voted,

Then announced later as fait a compli.

But because of the airport, the court moved the date up

BEFORE the extraordinary session took place. Bye bye Somchai.

The government was making noise and shuffling pawns

and not much else besides waiting for the 8th.

Edited by animatic

The boss of the airport closed the airport when PAD came, for security reasons, not the PAD.

that fact will wash the PAD clean in all the court cases. I think they knew and intended that from the start.

1. When PAD took over the airport they didn't expect to hold it for a week

2. The govt knew how to reopen it, they chose to let it stay closed.

What if the court hasn't moved so fast and agreed to listen to more testimonies instead, as per PPP request?

Would the govt stepped down or let the meaningless standoff contitnue for another two - three weeks? I bet it would stay on, even if they knew they were figthing the lost court battle.

>>

At the moment everyone is blaming PAD, bla bla bla, but look at what they actually say to PPP, which is rather more telling - they should not be allowed to form the government ever again. It's coming both from coalition partners and from business assossiations.

These people have seen what PPP is capable of and they expect the govt to take responsibility for the fiasco and step down, even though they publicly blame PAD.

Lesson learned, though not consciously realised yet.

They need 2 days to get all their junk out of Gov House, but flights can resume at Cobra Swamp tomorrow. :o

After three months there is still a lot of junk there. LOTS. AND LOTS.

I was there yesterday taking a look.

Yes, this survey of one amateur doesn't count for much. However...

The perimeter side streets still are full of leftover tyres, razor wire and sand bags.

A class war zone indeed.

I therefore expected the grounds / interior would be damaged or even vandalised.

Inside it looks like the aftermath of one almighty rock festival.

The lawns and plants are definitely buggered.

But I was pleasantly surprised that there did not seem to be the irreplacable damage

to statues, buildings, etc. the look of the outside would imply.

All the doors I saw still had their taped seals in tact - made shortly after the occupation began.

However, I can't vouch for the interiors,

though those I saw through windows seemed untouched.

Annibale Rigotti would be relieved.

Though it's a shame he is dead.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11401580@N03/...57610680173032/

Edited by Splatter

The boss of the airport closed the airport when PAD came, for security reasons, not the PAD.

that fact will wash the PAD clean in all the court cases. I think they knew and intended that from the start.

Interesting little point there.

They had more than a few hours advance warning to prevent PAD walking in too.

Sod all was done to prevent this march and logical paralizing of airport operations. Why?

Was it so hard to move 300 police to a place long the highway and prevent entree?

I think history will show that a significantly large group wanted PPP out so bad,

that they provided themselves enough rope to hang themselves EARLIER than planned.

Clear and present danger, is not always from without, but sometimes from WITHIN...

Hang on ..... have i missed something...... what do u mean the PAD "officially hand over Govt house and The airport to the Police.... THE PAD ARE TERORISTS..

WHY ARENT THEY ARRESTED AS THEY LEAVE THE AIRPORT AND GOVT HOUSE.

SURELY DOING NOTHING SENDS THE WRONG SIGNAL, THAT ITS OK TO HOLD THE COUNTRY TO RANSOM>>>>> AND MAYBE WILL HAPPEN AGAIN... WINK WINK WHAT A JOKE

Edited by ozinthailand