The Bed Club

Enjibenji

Be sure to pull up right outside the club in a brand new Mini causing as much fuss and inconvenience as possible to both the valet parking and anyone else within a half-mile radius while the whole time jabbering loudly into an iPhone about snowboarding and pretending to yourself that you're a member of the Wu-Tang Clan.

haha, too true. Bed Club is such a waste of money and time.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be sure to pull up right outside the club in a brand new Mini causing as much fuss and inconvenience as possible to both the valet parking and anyone else within a half-mile radius while the whole time jabbering loudly into an iPhone about snowboarding and pretending to yourself that you're a member of the Wu-Tang Clan.

So which clubs in Bangkok do you rate?

So which clubs in Bangkok do you rate?

Depends what you're seeking old chap.

DDM has always been inconsistent... they come and go- I used to hang out there a lot about 6 years ago. At least they haven't completely died. It's my favorite little club too, I'm sorry I didn't get to go by before they slowed again this time.

DDM has always been inconsistent... they come and go- I used to hang out there a lot about 6 years ago. At least they haven't completely died. It's my favorite little club too, I'm sorry I didn't get to go by before they slowed again this time.

It was FFfun while it lasted. I'll talk to the DJs this week and find out what happened.

Onwards and upwards. They'll be back somewhere with the same formulae I'm sure :o

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Club Ibiza at the Intercontinental Hotel on Friday night and sadly the club resembles nothing like any Ibiza club I've been in while the service staff come no-where near the standards of the Intercontinental.

Great staff training means any drinks left on a table while you dance, go to the restroom or leave your table unattended for any other reason for more than 60-seconds are cleared away by waitstaff.

After having two rounds of drinks disappear in this fashion - the first three full glasses and the second time two full glasses - I left.

Waiting for a response from the Intercontinental even though the club is privately contracted from them it is still on their premises and reflects on their service standards.

Anyone else going to this club be warned. Perhaps plastic bottles with lanyards that you can dangle around the neck are the answer.

Won't be back in that club again.

6 years ago was still OK (Korean management already); but 10 years ago when Lek (Dali Bar) was in "control"... Aaayah!

That was the "universal player birthday party" night wasn't it? Held by the model who boasted 300+ celebrities would turn up that night (to attract regular customers?). As far as I knew Ibiza closed down a couple of months ago so surprised it opened up for a one-off.

Guess I'd post this here:

This weekend went to a few bars/clubs, short review:

Red Sky/55th Floor - Centara Grand Central World - Very nice atmosphere, totally dead. Seriously, nobody was there, and this was friday night.

Zense, Central World - Again, nice atmosphere, and again, dead... literally, nobody there.

Club Culture - Nice music (I'm not a cool-music-dj-guy so define "nice music" however you want). Pretty dead also, this was Saturday night... a few people in there a bit later, but still not packed by any means.

Prices: Martinis at Red Sky were ~300 I think, Bellinis were ~900 IIRC. Same prices (around there) for Zense. Club cuture was 500-odd baht for a pitcher of what the bartender thought was a Long Island. I don't remember much after that...

P35 was mentioned earlier in the thread: was there around 2-3 weeks ago. Dead. Seriously. They had maybe 6-8 "security" dudes, and that was more than the number of customers. For a club marketed as the "hottest new New York" blah blah blah, it reminded me of a club from 1997.

Right before going to P35, was at Koi - as you know, if you're in, your in, if you're not, then you're not, and everybody else knows why you're there.

Guess that's it. BED hasn't been cool since like 2004. Qbar hasn't been cool for a decade! Suk 11 is so full of ho's nowadays, it's unreal.

So in the end, not much choice if you like a heavy bumpin' crowd. But I must admit I rather enjoy these places when they are dead, because you can ask for whatever you want (music, drinks, whatever) since you are the only customers... and privacy is always good IMO.

QUOTE (jcon @ 2009-03-30 00:12:07) *

BED hasn't been cool since like 2004. Qbar hasn't been cool for a decade! Suk 11 is so full of ho's nowadays, it's unreal.

yep agreed also... which is too bad since that street has most of the farang style clubs. that's why i tend to feel that the nightlife in BKK is dire.

QUOTE (jcon @ 2009-03-30 00:12:07) *

BED hasn't been cool since like 2004. Qbar hasn't been cool for a decade! Suk 11 is so full of ho's nowadays, it's unreal.

yep agreed also... which is too bad since that street has most of the farang style clubs. that's why i tend to feel that the nightlife in BKK is dire.

That's a silly comment, the Thai sit around whisky joints are so much better.

That was the "universal player birthday party" night wasn't it? Held by the model who boasted 300+ celebrities would turn up that night (to attract regular customers?). As far as I knew Ibiza closed down a couple of months ago so surprised it opened up for a one-off.

That's the one! Though the figure was more like 200 wanna-be's and the great man couldn't be found to come to the stage at least three different times throughout the night when he was called on by different on-stage artists. Attracted the usual group of hangers-on and plastic people whose whose photo's on Facebook and the like seem to be only taken in clubs that offer "ladies enter and drink free" or "Bangkok models nights".

Music went from electro to funky to tribal to house back to funky to tribal and then I left just as they were playing the remix of Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the wall :D:D

They followed it up with a pool party at Dream Hotel the next day and a third party on Saturday night at Narzclub which they sent text messages out to people at 1.30am letting them know it was running through until 5.00am. A sure indication the night was a bomb when you try to get people in the door at 1.30 in the morning.

After the bomb that was Club Ibiza I passed on the other two. Perhaps the drink "theft" by the Club Ibiza staff was how they covered the free open bar.

Intercontinental Hotel are currently desperately trying to distance themself from Club Ibiza and I've had several phone calls from them :D reinforcing the fact that the club has nothing to do with the hotel. Hopefully the hotel will decide they don't need the hassels and take it over and run it to the normal Intercontinental standard - it'll probably be boring but good quality and boring.

Bkkjames, Girlx and Jcon are spot on. Bangkok clubbing isn't dire, it's appalling and very, very third-rate when compared to Beijing, Shanghai, Jakarta or even Saigon. in fact there's better cllubs in Lombok, Jogjakarta and Bandung in Indonesia than Bangkok with much nicer people who go to dance rather than to be seen, better lighting and sound systems and better music too. Oh, and the drinks are more sensibly priced too.

Greta report Jcon.

There MUST be somewhere that's still worthwhile going to and doesn't pump out trashy commercial house or hip hop and rip everyone blind on every drink??? Someone? Anyone?

Otherwise the whisky on the street and an MP3 player sounds like the go :o

Edited by photojourn

I fully agree with Indonesia being a 10 times better and more fun place to go clubbing as compared to BKK.

Latin also very populair and plenty of girls that just wanna dance and have a great evening, Ok you gotta know how to Salsa and stuff.

And Jcon, I was just kidding lah.

I stopped going clubbing here as it really is not a lot of fun and I got a bit tired joining some Thai friends just to see them getting pissed and do some something with their gig's and while they can barely walk still drive back home in their cars.

Hey they changed the order of the smiley's.

Why?

are you being sarcastic? i have nothing against thai style nightlife, but surely they can find something more interesting and stimulating to do on occasion other than standing around a table with their whiskey set?

I used to rate Narcissus as one of the best clubs here. Excellent sound system and music, but not a very friendly crowd at all. Almost aloof and edgy.

Mystique was ok until it attracted the Qbar types, before that Aise and De Barli were nice...but clubs like that are no more. Now it's packed places like Muse and Jet which attract the weathly and/or goodlooking set, although not a lot of fun for most of us Westerners...too packed and the same old band/hip-hop/band/hip-hop/stuck-at-the-table night.

Anyone been to Soda in Ekkamai yet?

Bt360 on Wednesday night for unlimited shots, whisky and beer.

Might check it out tomorrow night for drink, drank, drunk birthday party.

Me too. Where on Ekamai is it? Near the mini showroom?

are you being sarcastic? i have nothing against thai style nightlife, but surely they can find something more interesting and stimulating to do on occasion other than standing around a table with their whiskey set?

I was being sarcastic about Thai style nightclubs. but my comment about your statement was blaming all the farang style nightclubs for bangkok's 'scene' as dire.

I wonder what the nightclub scene in Denver will be - farang style = dire as well? what are you looking for then, what could we have in bangkok that would excite you (until the fad wears off)?

The club scene in bangkok is so so bad. one has to say about 50 years behind london.who.s tired of the same ponces stood around waiting for some animal to look at them.phnom penh.sai gon.even laos and burma you will have a better night out and not feel depressed by the awful dull bar scene here

yea, i do miss not being able to go to work on monday morning and chit chat about how cool club xyz was on saturday something like this...

Me "what did you do on Sat night?"

You "we went to this new club on soi snob-and-i - it's brand new - even saw the MD from Whiskey company there and his gig"

Me "really, don't you get bored of standing around those nightclubs in your dark shirts, beer and bling in hand, looking around to see who's looking at you"

You "fortuneately, these clubs never seem to last and they open up new ones all the time"

Me "Now I get it, you are one of those that buys the lifestyle magazines in the hope that you might see your pic on the social pages"

You "no no, my friend has a friend who works for a big car company owned by the same owner as Beer Elephant, so we are on the VIP list to get the magazines for free and into the clubs free too"

Me "now I know why the bangkok club scene is so dire"

You "its not a dire as it once was, remember when they opened up that big club on soi 12 Ministry of Sound, and they charged everyone 100,000 Baht to be a VIP before they closed, now that was dire. I didn't know whether to stay downstairs or go up those little stairs to the top floor where everyone could watch me"

:o