Visa Run Newbie First Time

coming over 22 december with double entry tourist visa after the 90 days plan to do run from mae sai as I have freinds in Chang Rai.I am on a English passport with Australian return residents visa I have been told that if i cross boarders, Myanmar,Laos on English passport I have to pay for visa into these countries is this true even for a few hours to do the run.If so any ideas on how much any help appreciated

Dear Sir,

This may best be answered in the Thai visa forum, but it is my understanding, yes you will need to pay some sort of fee for visa on arrival with most if not all of the countries on the northern borders of Thailand (Malaysia has a visa exemption similar to Thailand). I know this for a fact in Cambodia and I believe Lao has a fee of some kind. Myanmar, can't speak to that because I've never heard anything one way or the other. I'm pretty sure there will be fees at all border because this is one of the easy ways these governments make money from tourists and border runners.

Best of luck,

Ben Hart

Managing Director

Integrity Legal

US Immigration from Thailand

In Mai sai you get a temporary visa for Myanmar for one day, cost 500 baht or 10 USD.

You have to give them your passport and you'll get a temp visa.

Go to the market on the other side for some cheap shopping for minimum 30 min.

Then go back to the other side of the street with your temp visa and you'll get your passport back with stamps.

Go over the bridge to immigrations in Thailand again.

char124.gif