Areeya Lang School Closed - Students Abandoned

So, I started this as a new thread because many who visitied the old thread might nit have guessed about the recent news.

I went to class yesterday excited to have my new visa, and discovered that it was closed due to non-payment of rent.

This news was conveyed by a tenant/landlady nearby, and they appeared to have a first-hand involvement in the situation, explaining that the school kept saying they'd pay, and never did.

I wasn't able to see if all the school's belonging's were still there or not but a few other people walking past confirmed it had "closed".

Calls to the owner of the school who happens to be my teacher, have been unanswered.

There are 2 other students in my class, and we all have ED visas that depend on the ongoing class/learning/signatures & other documentation native to an ED visa. So not only has she taken our money, we are stuck at an immigration level. I have till Feb 25th before I need another stamp.

Do we complain to the Education Ministry? The Police? The new Governor of Phuket?

My only remaining option at this point is to join another school, or simply wait till Feb 25th and do some other kind of visa, which will no doubt be annoying.

What's the best plan? I paid 35,000 baht for this.

Edited by karlski

Without the paperwork from the school it will be difficult to extend your visa. Also 35K just to get the visa is not a good deal, 3 months passes very fast. I think it is a difficult case. As some other posters have mentioned be careful about new 'Thai' schools. It is perhaps not necessary the case that she was dishonest. I suppose the business was not good enough and she went bankrupt. Even schools that have been in this business long time also may go bankrupt but the likelihood of that is not as great as of a relatively new school. The fact that she run away and did not let you know that she was simply bankrupt (if that is the case) is really bad.

Mac

Walen School of Thai