Satellite Tv

PETERTHEEATER

You have two options:

Cable (300 baht per month), Fox News (although its not really news at all), ABC news, Movies (not very good), A1, Reality TV, Star World - very little sports coverage.

UBC Satellite (1500 baht per month) - Better movie and sport channels (don't know specifics as I have the one above :o )

Are digital satellite TV installations available in HH area? I would like something capable of an English news channel, the odd sports and movie channels.

Information on availability, recommended retailers and satellite providers will be welcomed.

Hi Peter

Try this company.

The website is in Thai but the main phone number is in English and they do speak English at the head office.

You may also recognise the HH area code and bypass the main office.

I am going to get their service put in sometime next year. From what I have seen of the brochure the service is very good and it is around 17,500 Bt for one 2mt dish, one decoder and the service with no monthly rentals. If you have more than one TV or you need a different dish the cost varies.

Hope that this helps.

Here is the web address

http://www.psisat.com/index.php

• 4 months later...

Hello Billd766,

I must have missed your post in the confusion I faced back end of last year.

I note that PSISAT now have an English version of the webpage. You said that you were going to install one of their rigs. How is it?

How come no monthly payments. Is it all Free To Air channels? In which case no movies?

Peter

Are digital satellite TV installations available in HH area? I would like something capable of an English news channel, the odd sports and movie channels.

Information on availability, recommended retailers and satellite providers will be welcomed.

Hi Peter

Try this company.

The website is in Thai but the main phone number is in English and they do speak English at the head office.

I am going to get their service put in sometime next year. From what I have seen of the brochure the service is very good and it is around 17,500 Bt for one 2mt dish, one decoder and the service with no monthly rentals. If you have more than one TV or you need a different dish the cost varies.

Hope that this helps.

Here is the web address

Hello Billd766,

I must have missed your post in the confusion I faced back end of last year.

I note that PSISAT now have an English version of the webpage. You said that you were going to install one of their rigs. How is it?

How come no monthly payments. Is it all Free To Air channels? In which case no movies?

Peter

Hi Peter

Try this company.

Hope that this helps.

Here is the web address

At this time we still have not installed PSISat as there were more pressing things to do around the farm but it is still on my list.

As far as I know there are around 250 channels that you can access and also there are no monthly payments but most of them are free to air but I have not looked since last year. Perhaps the website can tell you.

I am working in Pakistan at the moment and my wife seems happy enough with 3 1/2 Thai channels. Maybe later this year.