December Parties

girlx

just wondering, i know the full moon is on the 12th this month, and then there is christmas and then new year's eve... are there big parties on all 3 days? what about the 'backyard' after party, is it going on after all 3 as well? just considering coming down and wondering what i am in for in terms of accom etc. i seem to remember in the past they had one big combo party for xmas/new year?

just wondering, i know the full moon is on the 12th this month, and then there is christmas and then new year's eve... are there big parties on all 3 days? what about the 'backyard' after party, is it going on after all 3 as well? just considering coming down and wondering what i am in for in terms of accom etc. i seem to remember in the past they had one big combo party for xmas/new year?

Gingko 50th birthday party!

It's the only reason I will go to KPG between Xmas & New Year...

Backyard should be open, for the after, on the 1st.

great! psytrance! (ick)... i will be sure to stay away from that. does anyone know if there are 3 big parties in december on koh phangan or ?

sorry i dont know the answer but will call a friend on island tomorow and let you know what he says.

as for backyard, im told it will be open after the moon. plan to stop in myself later in the afternoon after i arrive on the 12th.

i am pretty certain there will be a party for all 3, because they are so spread out. wasnt the 24th or 25th a full moon last year? at anyrate there was a party for each. i went to both

Edited by t.s

thanks- i don't actually care about any of the parties except backyard, and i am wondering if it is on after both xmas and new years eve, so let me know if you hear either way!

i love backyard! wasn't into the concept of a day party at first, but it's funny to go in and see all the dregs leftover from the night before, and it looks so scary and dirty, but after a couple of hours you fit right in :o. i always meet crazy people there and i like the music, especially DJ boy... to each their own but i think it is more fun than the full moon party itself (which i pretty much despise)...

i love backyard! wasn't into the concept of a day party at first, but it's funny to go in and see all the dregs leftover from the night before, and it looks so scary and dirty, but after a couple of hours you fit right in :o. i always meet crazy people there and i like the music, especially DJ boy... to each their own but i think it is more fun than the full moon party itself (which i pretty much despise)...

agreed on all points. i despise the full moon as well, though i havent spent more than 10 minutes at one in a few years.

I love getting up at 9am, driving into haadrin fresh after a nights sleep and a shower and walking through into the backyard in full swing. I make it to about 4 or 5 parties there a year and have never been diappointed.

I have really enjoyed boy as well, but he seems to have become embroiled in some dj politics and changed his style lately. he was really laclkustre lat time i saw him around songkran.

i will see friday how he's doing now.

definitely the best music on island is played at the backyard though.

Girlx surely you could have just messaged me? Being the oracle of Backyard that I am! Will be a boxing day party and NY day party to follow the xmas day and NY Eve 'moon' parties. So 26th Dec and 1st Jan. Last year as I remember it full moon fell on xmas eve but this year it is the 12th so they are having a separate xmas party.

Hope that helps! I am jealous : (

thanks mssabai- i totally forgot that you of all people would know the answer! backyard it is then, yay! maybe see some of you there soon.

Edited by girlx