Help-how To Handle This Visa Situation

So i came to thailand for the 1st time on sept 24th on a 30 day stamp i got at the airport. I planned on staying a month, than i met my thai girlfriend and have done 2 30 day visa runs to cambodia so on dec 25th i will have been in thailand for 90 days..ive read through this forum but am not sure i understand the clearcut answers and well with the recent change in visa rules any clarification would be appreciated deeply. so here is my situation/questions in its entirety....THANKS in advance

-having been in the country 90 days...do i have to leave for 3 months before i come back?

-can i leave for 1 day, get a 90 day "tourist" visa from say laos and come right back...?

-is flying to laos the best option? or is there something else people would kindly suggest?

-if i fly to laos and get and get a 90 day visa...will i still have to leave the country every 30 days and get stamped? or is it a 60 day visa and than for the last 30 days i get a new stamp from the border?

i did not plan to stay in thailand this long but love is not something you plan right....being that the 90 day mark is coming up i need to situate my stay here for a few months while i examine the long term options. The next 90 day "visa situation is my main concern but after that.......

-can i just keep going to laos and getting 90 day tourist visas?

-what is the best way to get a long term 1 year visa here if i dont plan on working, or going to school?

thanks again for the help.

If you make a border run now you will only get 15 days.

The best thing to do is go to Vientiane Laos and get a 2 entry tourist visa. When you come back you will get 60 days and then you can go to immigration and get a 30 day extension (1900 baht). After those 90 days you make a border run and use the 2nd entry and do the extension again. After that it will be time for another trip to Vientiane.

Take your new love to Vientiane with you and she will enjoy it also and can help with the language.

The following 29 page topic has lots of info about visa runs to Vientiane. Start at the last page and work your way back a few pages and you will find lots of good info.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Vientiane-La...sa-t158561.html

You can fly direct to Vientiane from Bangkok. Many people fly to Udon and then take a bus to Nong Kai or Vientiane.

Edited by ubonjoe

-what is the best way to get a long term 1 year visa here if i dont plan on working, or going to school?

Marry your Love :o or age to 50 very quick.

Otherwise you will have to follow Ubon Joes advice.

At least that will get you almost 6 months. Then you can do it all again.

I had a similar situation last year: I stayed in Thailand more than the 90 Days, then I stayed one more week witout a Visa, because I did not know if I can come back when I make a visarun and payed the fee at the airport, luckily my flight was 1 week later, but that is a situation I dont feel so comfortable with.

I too need to know if I have to leave Thailand for 3 monthes after the 90 days? Is that true?

I had a similar situation last year: I stayed in Thailand more than the 90 Days, then I stayed one more week witout a Visa, because I did not know if I can come back when I make a visarun and payed the fee at the airport, luckily my flight was 1 week later, but that is a situation I dont feel so comfortable with.

I too need to know if I have to leave Thailand for 3 monthes after the 90 days? Is that true?

Things have changed so to start with you will only get 15 days if you do a border run. You can get 30 if you fly in.

All indications are that the 90 day limit is gone. So the choice is yours how you are going to stay in Thailand.

If you are here already it is best to make a visa run to Vientiane.

The info for doing that has already been posted on this topic.

If you make a border run now you will only get 15 days.

The best thing to do is go to Vientiane Laos and get a 2 entry tourist visa. When you come back you will get 60 days and then you can go to immigration and get a 30 day extension (1900 baht). After those 90 days you make a border run and use the 2nd entry and do the extension again. After that it will be time for another trip to Vientiane.

thanks so to clarify in regards to my situation...i have been in the country already for 90 days at the end of this month. so that should not have any effect on me getting approved far as the 60 day double entry visa...can someone verify this.....

also to those that asked my age i am 27. thank you for the replys thus far. a final clariificcation on if it can be done after i been in the country already for 90 days would be greatly appreciated. thanks !

thanks so to clarify in regards to my situation...i have been in the country already for 90 days at the end of this month. so that should not have any effect on me getting approved far as the 60 day double entry visa...can someone verify this.....

also to those that asked my age i am 27. thank you for the replys thus far. a final clariificcation on if it can be done after i been in the country already for 90 days would be greatly appreciated. thanks !

You will have no problems getting the double tourist visa from Vientiene. You can do this as many times as you want. Unless things change.