Using Usa 110v Lamps In Thailand?

worldtraveler5

My last stab at this since most people here ('cept Crossy) probably can't spell 'lectrician but I is one.

The photos posted by the OP confirm that they are standard US-style screw-in, multi-filament globe sockets. The switch is a simple rotary type that selects various filaments to give the 3 different levels of light. There are NO hidden electronics and the switch should have no issues with the increased local voltage here as a filament globe is a 'resistive' load versus say an electric motor which is an 'inductive' load and opens a whole other can of wombats when it comes to switch amperage rating.

The OP can bring the lamps as-is to Thailand and after fitting a local-style screw-in, single filament lamp, they will work just fine with the caveat that there will be one click stop on the rotary switch where the lamp will be on (full brightness) and 3 click stops where the lamp will be off. There are NO local-style multi-filament globes in Thailand. As someone else pointed out, you can get a local 'lectrician to fit a dimmer switch to the input power lead if you need the lights down low (for those scary moments when she drops the towel?).

May I just say as a 'lectrician with taste, those be fugly lampshades.

I agree with all of the above...especially the part about the aesthetic value of the lampshades :o