Sea Food In Bangkok

jerrybb

Hi Folks

Looking for a reasonable priced seafood restuarant which is not too far from

Sukhumvit.

I have not been to LOS for 2 years but my favourite seafood place was originally

on the corner of Ratchadamri Road and Petchuburi Road. They redeveloped that area about

5 years ago and the owners opened a new place somewhere around the juction of Ayutaya Road and

Phayatai Road. It was an inside restaurant with air and a group of 8 ate for a price

of 4000 baht and we had some fine seafood for that.

It is not one of those place that sells you about 6 prawns for 1200 baht.

Your recomendation please or if anyone know the name and number of the

restaurant I'm talking about.

Thanks

I highly recommend a place over hear on Ratchada Road near Huay Kwang MRT, it's called "Kuang" or "Kwang" seafood, it's open late til about 4am and it's freaking delicious!!!!! I live near here so I go about twice/week, if you'd like anymore info about this place just reply here or pm me :o

You could do a lot worse than try a seafood restaurant called, talay bangkok, its near to praram 9 soi 6.

The actual address is 577 thanon rim khlong sam sen, kwaeng bang kapi khet huay kwang bangkok 10310, at least thats whats printed as the address on the receipt i have, phone number is 02 641 4818.

Very pleasant surroundings and has live music playing in the background, reasonable prices for those on a budget.

I highly recommend a place over hear on Ratchada Road near Huay Kwang MRT, it's called "Kuang" or "Kwang" seafood, it's open late til about 4am and it's freaking delicious!!!!! I live near here so I go about twice/week, if you'd like anymore info about this place just reply here or pm me :o

Can you give a little more detail on location.

Favourite place is called Prakkad Seafood on Chula Soi22.

Nothing much to look at, infact Im pretty sure they spent nothing on decor but the food is excellent.

On Friday went with friend, 5ppl, and we had 2kilos mussels, 1 fried fish, 1 tomyam soup, 1 fired pad boong, 1 mix veg, 1/2kilo prawns, 1 mix fry (mussled, shrimps, fish etc) and 1 grilled squid.

Add rice and a couple of beers.

B1350.

Been there many times and have brought friends there. Food has always been good and fresh. And a very friendly owner who never lets us over order.

Edited by mmushr00m

Agree...fantastish :D

You can't got wrong with Somboon. I go to the one near Silom (on Surawong), but there is another on Ratchadapisek, and both are very easily gotten to by BTS or subway. There are three other locations as well, but there are quite a few fake restaurants which use the Somboon name.

The Surawong location is usually full of Japanese tourists, but the food is excellent and quite reasonably priced. I have taken foreign customers to some of the big fancy (and expensive) seafood places on Sukhumvhit, but they all have liked the food at Somboon better, so now we only take them there for seafood.

You can see their locations on their website at http://www.somboonseafood.com/e-index.html.

You can't got wrong with Somboon. I go to the one near Silom (on Surawong), but there is another on Ratchadapisek, and both are very easily gotten to by BTS or subway. There are three other locations as well, but there are quite a few fake restaurants which use the Somboon name.

The Surawong location is usually full of Japanese tourists, but the food is excellent and quite reasonably priced. I have taken foreign customers to some of the big fancy (and expensive) seafood places on Sukhumvhit, but they all have liked the food at Somboon better, so now we only take them there for seafood.

You can see their locations on their website at http://www.somboonseafood.com/e-index.html.

for a quick meal you can do alot worse than buakaew (the first stall -- the only one i reccommend) in the food plaza on suk soi 7. been eating there for years now and it is better than alot of the seafood restauraunts.

Not cheap but you should at least once try the Oriental Hotel's Lord Jim restaurant.

Another good but very expensive one is in the State Tower, can't remember the name however.

Been to Somboon in various locations, but really only liked the one on Ratchada. Especially the one in Udomsuk is not half as good as the others.

• 10 months later...
I highly recommend a place over hear on Ratchada Road near Huay Kwang MRT, it's called "Kuang" or "Kwang" seafood, it's open late til about 4am and it's freaking delicious!!!!! I live near here so I go about twice/week, if you'd like anymore info about this place just reply here or pm me :)

So where is this plae Zachary? I will be living next to Huay Kwang MRT soon and it sounds like a potential local!

I highly recommend a place over hear on Ratchada Road near Huay Kwang MRT, it's called "Kuang" or "Kwang" seafood, it's open late til about 4am and it's freaking delicious!!!!! I live near here so I go about twice/week, if you'd like anymore info about this place just reply here or pm me :)

So where is this plae Zachary? I will be living next to Huay Kwang MRT soon and it sounds like a potential local!

If it's the same place I'm thinking of, it's across the street from the Emerald Hotel, a short distance south of the MRT station.

If it's the same place I'm thinking of, it's across the street from the Emerald Hotel, a short distance south of the MRT station.

Yeah, that's the place. Exit the MRT at Exit 2 and head south a little. It's got a carpark (where some tables and chairs are also set up behind the small undercover area of the restaurant.

Yeah, that's the place. Exit the MRT at Exit 2 and head south a little. It's got a carpark (where some tables and chairs are also set up behind the small undercover area of the restaurant.

Thanks for confirming that. Also, if on the west side of the street in front of the Emerald Hotel, there is a pedestrian bridge to take you across Ratchada Rd, exiting just a few meters from the entrance.

Edited by beechguy

I had 6 huge oysters (fresh) with lemon, garlic and chilli marinade, 3 kinds of salmon sashimi, octopus sashimi, beef steak, seaweed salad, soba, pickled vegetables and I can't remember now because I was so full for around 400 Baht. Will do it again when I return to Bkk. Toyo Ichiban along Rama 3 Road (near the river and the new Bridge).