Pattaya City Football Club

Ungabunga

It's not well known that Pattaya has a football team - Pattaya City FC and that they are the current 2007-2008 Division 1 Champions.

Up until now, it's really just friends and girlfriends who turn up to the games to watch, so a friend of mine who plays for Pattaya City has asked me to post an open invitation for all to go up to Horseshoe Point every other Saturday to watch their home games.

They play in what I would consider to be a good standard football league, the MBMG International League, with all other teams from Bangkok. Their away games are played in Bangkok at the Pattana School and they are also considering putting on a few mini-buses for supporters who fancy a day out to Bangkok also in future.

So if you fancy a change from the pub, or at a loose end, or if you live on the Darkside and your telly is broken, you are most welcome to go and support your local team. It's a good laugh if anything, having been to watch a few games myself, with the usual friendly banter between supporters and players alike (although today it may be less than cordial as they're playing a French team with a history of intense rivalry). The Chairman is a really nice fella who'll always have a chat with you, so it's a social thing as well as a cheap afternoon out.

Your welcome to bring your own refreshments, although there are cold water dispensers there. There is also a shaded area to watch the game from, for those who don't want to be in the sun. There is no seating however, so if you are coming along and don't want to stand, you should consider taking your fold-up chair.

Kick off times are 4pm. For fixture lists etc., you may visit This Website

If anyone without transport wants to go, you are welcome to PM me and I'll try and arrange a pick-up.

Thanks for your consideration, maybe see some of you there.

• 2 months later...

Thanks Ungabunga

I'll be spending a fair amount of time in my place down in Pattaya (near HSP) so would certainly like to come along. What are the chances of getting involved in training, practice matches etc? I played fairly regulalry in an expat league for many years but work commitments meant the boots went into temporary storage...

:o

I'm sure they'll be glad to have you go along for training mate, just go up to Horseshoe Point on a Tuesday or Thursday (about 7pm) and introduce yourself to Al (Manager) or one of the guys who will point you in the right direction.

If anyone else is interested in going along (perhaps just for fitness even) you'll be made very welcome. Judging by recent additions to the squad, the only pre-requisites are: must have at least 1 leg and aged below 120 (the latter might rule out some BM's).

For those who can't be arsed, all home matches have local TV coverage and you'll also be pleased to know that the highlights of forthcoming Pattaya City FC matches will be uploaded onto the Pattaya TV Uncut website (which is currently still under construction) where you can view them.

Do they have a Doctor or medic on standby during training sessions? If so I may well limp along!

There is a Sawang Boriboon ambulance there on standby on match days. A trained medic also takes part in the training sessions and he brings his de-fibrulator kit with him, so you should be okay there!

"So if you fancy a change from the pub, or at a loose end, or if you live on the Darkside and your telly is broken, "

Hope I'm not accused of hijacking this topic, but as well as the excellent opportunity to go to the tranquility of HorseShoe Point, you might like to try free geocaching.

GPSr are not obligatory as google earth will find 80% of caches

everything there for all ages, families, dunderheads, particle physicists and triathletes.

It has proved too demanding for the ex Special Services staying here..but...???

geocachers are sunburned geeks

Visit Geocaching

Incidentally there are many caches on the dark side.

Edited by desertrat