Tesla Cybertruck !

CharlieH

image.png

Tesla to begin Cybertruck deliveries with price starting at $60,990

CEO Elon Musk warned before delivery event it would take a year to 18 months to make the car a significant cashflow contributor

Tesla is set to start deliveries of its long-delayed, much-hyped Cybertruck electric pickup on Thursday after its CEO, Elon Musk, tempered investor expectations, citing problems in ramping production of what he called a “radical” product.

Cybertruck, Tesla’s first new model in nearly four years, is critical to its reputation as a maker of innovative vehicles. At a time when the company is battling softening electric vehicle (EV) demand and rising competition, Cybertruck is also key for generating sales, though not to the extent of the company’s high-volume Models 3 and Y.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, neeray said:

I built wooden go carts that looked like a Tesla Cyber Truck when I was 12 years old. Mine were fast ....... but only downhill.

But they were not bulletproof :biggrin:

I thought for a while why this ugly monster could become a big success in the US.

Bulletproof for the "masses" (only 60k) and you will need it more than ever.

21 minutes ago, billd766 said:

If the basic version is $60.000 in the US it will be a minimum 7.3 million baht in Thailand with the 350% import duties.

That is of course IF you can find some company to legally import it and if neither the police or customs take a fancy to it.

Then of course there is the problem of finding a service agent and any spares will need to be imported adding another 350% to the cost.

If the battery costs 50% of the car, that alone will set you back another 3,500,000 baht.

Best of luck with that.

Tesla Thailand would not offer support/servicing ?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, billd766 said:

If the basic version is $60.000 in the US it will be a minimum 7.3 million baht in Thailand with the 350% import duties.

That is of course IF you can find some company to legally import it and if neither the police or customs take a fancy to it.

Then of course there is the problem of finding a service agent and any spares will need to be imported adding another 350% to the cost.

If the battery costs 50% of the car, that alone will set you back another 3,500,000 baht.

Best of luck with that.

I would order the bullet proof one for just a bit more than 100k.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Tesla Thailand would not offer support/servicing ?

I have no idea TBH.

I cannot see Tesla importing many Cyber trucks into Thailand, nor can I see them importing many spares either.

Tesla would perhaps have to bear the cost of training 2 or 3 techs just for the truck and that would not be cheap.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I have no idea TBH.

I cannot see Tesla importing many Cyber trucks into Thailand, nor can I see them importing many spares either.

Tesla would perhaps have to bear the cost of training 2 or 3 techs just for the truck and that would not be cheap.

I reckon they will import if someone flashed the cash.

Why the need to train techs... what differs to the current crop of Tesla sedans sold and serviced here ?

15 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Certified to what level ?

not sure, but the first thought that crossed my mind when I saw Elon showing off it's bulletproof-ness was ..

some delinquent teens will have fun with this by shooting at these cars just to test if they're actually bulletproof. 

• Haha 1

Purely out of curiosity and nosiness, if the Cyber truck is imported from the USA, where will you be able to recharge it. I have no idea as I don't have an EV of any brand, nor at 79 years old am I likely to buy one in my lifetime.

It makes no sense to only have charging stations in BKK and nowhere else and most of the Tesla chargers outside the city will be rarely used.

Home chargers are a good idea but IIRC, the USA electrical supply is 115 volts and 60 Hz and Thailand is 220/230 volts and 50 Hz.

Presumably when you buy your Tesla you can buy a genuine home  charging  kit, but only from Tesla, and you will need a Tesla tech to install it at home for you. That won't come cheaply either.

On 12/2/2023 at 2:48 PM, billd766 said:

I have no idea TBH.

Yeah, two techs on every cyber truck. Sitting behind as Thais do.🌲

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

Purely out of curiosity and nosiness, if the Cyber truck is imported from the USA, where will you be able to recharge it. I have no idea as I don't have an EV of any brand, nor at 79 years old am I likely to buy one in my lifetime.

It makes no sense to only have charging stations in BKK and nowhere else and most of the Tesla chargers outside the city will be rarely used.

Home chargers are a good idea but IIRC, the USA electrical supply is 115 volts and 60 Hz and Thailand is 220/230 volts and 50 Hz.

Presumably when you buy your Tesla you can buy a genuine home  charging  kit, but only from Tesla, and you will need a Tesla tech to install it at home for you. That won't come cheaply either.

And even if you can get over all that, it may not thrill owners to find that it takes something like 27 hours to fully charge from a 7.3kWh home charger (unless you just happen to have a 3 phase connector when it can be reduced to a mere 19 hours). Those using a normal mains socket can expect to wait over 3 days....   Hilarious.

• Haha 2