Parking Lot Attendant's Whistle.

penzman

Every time a parking lot attendant tries to help when backing out of a spot, he seems to confuse things more than anything else. Blows the whistle for you to back up and also for you to stop...

They all seem to have their own technique wether you driving into the lot or leaving.

Here's a sample of some attendants blowing the annoying whistle from 7 a.m. until 10 pm at the hospital where I sayed for 2 weeks.

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8!

1-2-3-4!

1-2!

1-2-3-4-5!

1-2-3-4-5-6-7!

1!

1-2!

1-2-3!

and on and on....

Wasn't I bored huh?

• 5 weeks later...

The whistle is annoying, granted, but we only have to put up with it for a short time or in some cases two weeks. I have to say I feel sorry for these guys, imagine starting your 12 hour shift each day knowing that you are going to have to listen to the sound of a whistle, I really dont know how anyone could motivate themselves to do this job. I reckon I would lose the plot after a few days. :o

What about those guys at the airport with the metal heals, whats that all about, 1,2,3, click, turnaround, 1,2,3, click. Its like a Monty Python sketch, but these guys seem to take it very seriously, I usually sit out the airport (mainly Hat Yai) and observe this, never fails to make me laugh, small things amuse small minds I guess. :D

I've wondered, do they have to buy their own whistle or does it come with the job?, do they share whistles?

I think it comes with the military style emblems, the Helmet and the honarary medals :D

and the truncheon...and the handcuffs....and the little vest that says 'Air Guard'. :D

What the heck is an 'Air Guard' anyway? :o

I've wondered, do they have to buy their own whistle or does it come with the job?, do they share whistles?

I think it comes with the military style emblems, the Helmet and the honarary medals :D

and the truncheon...and the handcuffs....and the little vest that says 'Air Guard'. :D

What the heck is an 'Air Guard' anyway? :o

They hand out fines to people who fart in public.

Talking of whistling.

In 15 years here I've never yet seen or heard a Thai person whistle a tune or to beckon someone just by using their mouth. :o

The only Thai person I've ever heard whistling is my wife.

She can follow the rhythm ok but whistles the same note over and over. Being a musician I find it amusing...and a bit annoying :D

Talking of whistling.

In 15 years here I've never yet seen or heard a Thai person whistle a tune or to beckon someone just by using their mouth. :o

She can follow the rhythm ok but whistles the same note over and over. Being a musician I find it amusing...and a bit annoying :D

:D:D And yet uses 5 tones when speaking?? :D:D

Speaking of tones, I just remembered. About a week ago I farted while showering and it had a rising tone to it. I thought 'bloody 'ell, I've been here too long. I'm even farting in Thai now'. :D

Edited by Gazza

Talking of whistling.

:D:D And yet uses 5 tones when speaking?? :D:D

Speaking of tones, I just remembered. About a week ago I farted while showering and it had a rising tone to it. I thought 'bloody 'ell, I've been here too long. I'm even farting in Thai now'. :D

You can amaze us all once you can do all 5 tones as in "Mai mai mai mai mai?" :D

I've heard a rumour that synchronised farting is on the list of potential new olympic sports. Maybe that's why the swimmers use the nose clips. :o

• 2 weeks later...

The whistlers get on my tits - specially when I'm a bit seedy from the night before.

The thing that really makes me laugh are the security guards at some of the bigger shops. Saw this tall fella at Robinson wearing a full uniform with lapels, hat, medals, maybe even gold braiding - I thought he was a visting General or something. 2 aisles later I see him pushing around a trolley of empty cardboard boxes and thats when I realised he was the security man.

I've since realised the only uniforms to look out for are the brown ones.

:o

I find these whistle blowers extreeeeamly annoying.

I KNOW when that guy in the parking lot has got that whistle in his gob and he's peeping away like theres no whistles tommorow he feels far superior to those of us that are un-whistled.

I mean even if your backing out with 20 foot of clear space behind you, suddenly there he is!

Peep peep peep peeeeeeeeeeep :o

(bwoat hoar!)

Once their whistles are in they never come out, they cannot communicate in any other way. My father was here over Christmas and one of these "parking attendants" was advancing upon him after he parked the car, blowing blowing blowing right up to his face. My father looked at him quizzically and said "I'm a human being not a clanger", and walked away. It made me laugh, but I'm pretty sure the whistle blower did not have a clue what he was talking about!!

Once their whistles are in they never come out, they cannot communicate in any other way.  My father was here over Christmas and one of these "parking attendants" was advancing upon him after he parked the car, blowing blowing blowing right up to his face.  My father looked at him quizzically and said "I'm a human being not a clanger", and walked away.  It made me laugh, but I'm pretty sure the whistle blower did not have a clue what he was talking about!!

I think it all just comes down to that ancient Thai saying that seems to be strictly and religiosly adheared to:-

"The louder the better"

:o