Buy Gold Now!

Just have a look at the GOLD chart today

Gally Goshhh!!!!......the technical looks SO HORRIBLE!!!

I think ......a year from now...the price will be even lower than today :o

I will be very "cautious", for those who want to buy now and hold for "a year" that is.

Just me

Edited by teacup

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be very "cautious", for those who want to buy now and hold for "a year" that is.

Just me

I would be interested in hearing your take on the technicals.

Just me

I would be interested in hearing your take on the technicals.

err....didn't I just say...."horrible"!??? - for one year holding

Unless you have a specific question? :D

Unless you have a specific question? :o

I was just curious. things like your time frame etc.

Then again I am of the mind that there are definitely two markets these days.

One for the paper & one for the physical. I think they are calling it the Ebay price :D

Unless you have a specific question? :o

I was just curious. things like your time frame etc.

Then again I am of the mind that there are definitely two markets these days.

One for the paper & one for the physical. I think they are calling it the Ebay price :D

Ebay price?....haha.....cute phrase tho :D

I would assume, both the paper and physical,....the movement would be "generally" in the same direction?

ahh....don't tell me, you're in the physical?....chaimai?

err...you're curious,...things like time frame......"what time frame you have in mind then"?

Ebay price?....haha.....cute phrase tho :o

I would assume, both the paper and physical,....the movement would be "generally" in the same direction?

err...you're curious,...things like time frame......"what time frame you have in mind then"?

Mai Ben Rai

I just meant I was curious about your method. Technical analysis has so many ways to look & interpret. When I said timeframe I wondered how far back you looked to determine your next year forecast.

Yes the movement is generally in the same direction for now. The main difference of course being that none can buy gold for the paper price. Unless of course you can afford the comex minimum 400 oz? Then take delivery at the monthly redemtion.

Much talk about default at redemtion there soon & it will be interesting to see if it is true or not.

Also all that backwardation talk just IMHO showed that the investors are starting to not trust that paper trade hence the lower future price. But that remains to be seen

As for in the physical? Mai kow jai

Unless of course you mean physical holdings of PM's in which case yes I have mentioned that to you before. I am of the mind I dont own it if I dont hold it when it comes to metals. :D

Ebay price?....haha.....cute phrase tho :D

Mai Ben Rai

I just meant I was curious about your method. Technical analysis has so many ways to look & interpret. When I said timeframe I wondered how far back you looked to determine your next year forecast.

Mostly between 5-10 years

the movement pattern,..of yearly, quarterly, monthly, but sometimes even weekly too

As for the method....I've been developing and refining my method of reading chart on my own since still in my uni years.

I'm still perfecting it everyday tho.

See, my main principle of reading chart is that

......every things in life has a pattern, and every patterns can be translated to numbers, and numbers can be drawn up in various charts/graphs.......and reading/interpreting chart/graph is one of my educational backgrounds ja. :o

Yes the movement is generally in the same direction for now. The main difference of course being that none can buy gold for the paper price. Unless of course you can afford the comex minimum 400 oz? Then take delivery at the monthly redemtion.

Much talk about default at redemtion there soon & it will be interesting to see if it is true or not.

Also all that backwardation talk just IMHO showed that the investors are starting to not trust that paper trade hence the lower future price. But that remains to be seen

As for in the physical? Mai kow jai

I don't buy real gold option, just through paper option trading......PUT nowadays tho

Unless of course you mean physical holdings of PM's in which case yes I have mentioned that to you before. I am of the mind I dont own it if I dont hold it when it comes to metals. :D

......every things in life has a pattern, and every patterns can be translated to numbers, and numbers can be drawn up in various charts/graphs.......and reading/interpreting chart/graph is one of my educational backgrounds ja. :o

I wonder if you have read this?

http://www.contrahour.com/contrahour/files...inArmstrong.pdf

Perhaps you would like it.....That is if you have not already read it.

PS: as you can see it is a pdf file. Right click & save is easier for reading.

Edited by flying

......every things in life has a pattern, and every patterns can be translated to numbers, and numbers can be drawn up in various charts/graphs.......and reading/interpreting chart/graph is one of my educational backgrounds ja. :D

I wonder if you have read this?

http://www.contrahour.com/contrahour/files...inArmstrong.pdf

Perhaps you would like it.....That is if you have not already read it.

PS: as you can see it is a pdf file. Right click & save is easier for reading.

khob jai ja....for the article link! :o

Yep that what I am talking about here….

The mathematical realization of “Cyclical Analysis”,

Except I use 10-14 interval intraday, instead of his 8.6 interval intraday.

I "truely believe" that.... this is one of the keys in ‘code breaking in stock market” trading.

That is,…if I haven’t run out of my money first, through many trials and errors!!! :D

Edited by teacup

Assuming that i decide to buy gold now, just to 'hedge' against the 'many worst case scenarios' that seem to be looming....it would make sense to buy bullion [bar] gold in small sizes [25 and 50 satang] so that it is easier to change.

That being said, then do smaller bars cost more than larger bars [1 baht+]...comissions and other fees added??

Vic , In Zimbabwe I am sure that a few nuggetts of gold would keep you going for a lot longer than a few millions of their dollars . A farmer would know that the following day his million dollars would already be worth far less , but at least his gold could be exchange for dollars if he wanted and not devalued overnight because of inflation .

Churchill, why in the world would that Zimbabwean farmer take gold for his crops when he could take a pig or a cow? I mean if you have this post WW1 Germany type of inflation then gold would have no more value that the wotrthless fiat currency would! After all the only thing that the farmer is going to buy with that gold is more worthless fiat currency. If things get as bad as you goldbugs so often wish for then gold will be just as worthless as the fiat currency that all of you scoff at :D The only real value will be in food stuffs, livestock, clean water and perhaps guns and ammo :D

"After all the only thing that the farmer is going to buy with that gold is more worthless fiat currency."

Yes but he would be able to buy more of the worthless currency than the day before .

Ray, Do you see what I mean? You can talk common sense to these goldbugs until you are blue in the face but it just doesn't register :o

Vegas Vic-Tonight gold just jumped on the back of the oil price,will make the goldbugs all happy ,but again there are NO FUNDAMENTALS to what is happening to gold ,and no real demand ,the bubble will burst , remember earlier this year Platinum was up at around $2252 ,them hit a low of $774 , that is what can happen to precious metal prices,gold in no different

Vegas Vic-Tonight gold just jumped on the back of the oil price,will make the goldbugs all happy ,but again there are NO FUNDAMENTALS to what is happening to gold ,and no real demand ,the bubble will burst , remember earlier this year Platinum was up at around $2252 ,them hit a low of $774 , that is what can happen to precious metal prices,gold in no different

It is 8am here & oil is up 3 bucks...Gold is up 37 bucks?

Who is riding who?

Also have you noticed Gold use to go up when the dow went down.

Then gold went where ever the dow went. Up when up & down when down.

Now Gold seems to have ots own steam.

Dow down gold up or holding

Dow up gold up or holding

Face it in this mess of a market gold is doing just fine.

Name a few other investments that is doing as well.

Shorts not withstanding

Who is riding who?

Shorts not withstanding

Flying, Gold might have a few nice runs while the Chinese are buying, but the end game for gold is rather ugly! Most gold bugs I know are loaded to their antennas with the stuff and should Russia start selling and china curtial their buying, then gold wil drop as fast as oil did. If you are trading and made money on an intraday trade on todays pop the kudos, but most gold bugs are not traders they horde the stuff because they all buy in to this theory of the downfall of the dollar, hyperinflation just around the corner, the demise of western civilization ect .ect. ect. :o

Flying, Gold might have a few nice runs while the Chinese are buying, but the end game for gold is rather ugly! Most gold bugs I know are loaded to their antennas with the stuff and should Russia start selling and china curtail their buying, then gold will drop as fast as oil did.

I cannot say with certainty what the end game is to anything that has not occurred yet.

*IF* Russia starts selling there would be a reason for it & *IF* China & everyone else stops buying there would be a reason.

Till then I still see PM's as a pretty safe haven these days. I seem to be in worldwide company in that respect. Also I am not praying for hyperinflation or any other mad max type scenarios but.....I do feel much better not having all my liquid assets in USD or banks for that matter. Nor do I want to be in the stock markets at this time on the pass or the no-pass side. I am comfy here :D

Let everyone be comfy where they are too :o

Edited by flying

Who is riding who?

Shorts not withstanding

For the last year gold hit a high of over $1000 and a low of just over $700 , so about a -30% swing , just now sitting around $800 which is pretty much what it was a year ago , You would have made more money just by collecting interest in the bank ,if you sat on it for year,

So where does gold go from today ? Also why did Gold jump $37 overnight ,no real reason, Short term trading on gold can make you good money ,but long term positons are dangerous , at the moment ,my best investment is cash in the bank ,

my best investment is cash in the bank ,

What is the interest rate your earning?

What is the inflation rate today?

Investment?

The US Inflation Calculator website has been updated with the latest Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) data released Wednesday, November 19. The newest figures indicate that October’s annual rate of inflation declined to 3.7%. That compares to 4.9% in September and 5.4% in August.

Edited by flying

This time next year when in the U.K. the army are on the streets distributing food by day and shooting looters at night, when unemployment is past ten million and hyperinflation has created a worthless pound. Gold might help you survive.

Good link below that suggets a US$2000 + gold price during 2009

Gold Price in 2009

Anything is possible but I agree 101% with the last paragraph in that article....

Gold was trading yesterday at $812 an ounce. It is well off its all-time peak of $1,030 in February but has held up much better than other commodities over the last few months – reverting to is historical role as a safe-haven store of value and a de facto currency. Gold has tripled in value over the last seven years, vastly outperforming Wall Street and European bourses.

This time next year when in the U.K. the army are on the streets distributing food by day and shooting looters at night, when unemployment is past ten million and hyperinflation has created a worthless pound. Gold might help you survive.

Good link below that suggets a US$2000 + gold price during 2009

Gold Price in 2009

Anything is possible but I agree 101% with the last paragraph in that article....

Gold was trading yesterday at $812 an ounce. It is well off its all-time peak of $1,030 in February but has held up much better than other commodities over the last few months – reverting to is historical role as a safe-haven store of value and a de facto currency. Gold has tripled in value over the last seven years, vastly outperforming Wall Street and European bourses.

I find it interesting that when they make these quotes they pick the lowest point in the last 30 years to use as a reference, almost any other date the price of gold would have been higher. I could pick a random date of Jan 81 when the price was about $675 per ounce. That would give you a 17% gain for the last 28 years. That is just as out of line as saying it has tripled in 7 years. Just pointing out you have to take all these quotes with a grain of salt.

I'm not opposed to gold just find some gold bugs claims annoying.

I find it interesting that when they make these quotes they pick the lowest point in the last 30 years to use as a reference, almost any other date the price of gold would have been higher. I could pick a random date of Jan 81 when the price was about $675 per ounce. That would give you a 17% gain for the last 28 years. That is just as out of line as saying it has tripled in 7 years. Just pointing out you have to take all these quotes with a grain of salt.

Well yes & no

I am also not opposed to gold either but you have to start somewhere.

Yes they said in the last 7 years it tripled

You went back instead 27 years it only went up 17%

How about we go back another 10 years to 37 years ago = 1971?

Then what? 27x increase?

All I am saying is... it is a historical safe haven in troubled times & continues to be today. It has in fact outperformed as they stated.

Edited by flying

Well yes & no

Then what? 27x increase?

All I am saying is... it is a historical safe haven in troubled times & continues to be today. It has in fact outperformed as they stated.

Safe Haven , most of the volume in Gold is done on Investment trading ,not may people have kilos and kilos,under the bed , so most speculators only own a piece a paper from a broker saying they own gold ,not to safe to me ,

Funny last month when the whole world stockmarkets were crashing ,Gold should of gone through the roof , it actually went down ,

Well yes & no

Then what? 27x increase?

Back in the early 80's when the Hunt brothers were driving up the price of silver I purchased gold Kruggerands, Canadian Mapleleafs and Chinese Panda, don't remember the exact price but it was over $800 each. So can't say that I have made a bundle from them over the last 26 or so years. I do still have them, holding out for a few thousand each. At one time they were about a 10% premium over gold bars. The Panda is a very attractive.

Safe Haven , most of the volume in Gold is done on Investment trading ,not may people have kilos and kilos,under the bed , so most speculators only own a piece a paper from a broker saying they own gold ,not to safe to me ,

Funny last month when the whole world stockmarkets were crashing ,Gold should of gone through the roof , it actually went down ,

You dont own it if you dont hold it.

I would never invest in gold shares or pools etc.

Last month as you say the whole world stock markets were crashing.

Whether gold goes through the roof or not is not relative to it being a safe haven.

The fact that it is still doing fine is :o

Back in the early 80's when the Hunt brothers were driving up the price of silver I purchased gold Kruggerands, Canadian Mapleleafs and Chinese Panda, don't remember the exact price but it was over $800 each. So can't say that I have made a bundle from them over the last 26 or so years. I do still have them, holding out for a few thousand each. At one time they were about a 10% premium over gold bars. The Panda is a very attractive.

My goodness you do have terrible luck :o That was a very very short time at that price in the 80's

But listen as far as it goes you are doing much better than most these days.

Here is 1980 to 1984

au80-84.gif

Here is 1980

au1980.gif

I'm from singapore going to bangkok next week. Anyone could give me some leads where to get silver and gold bullion at a reasonable price?

Mozi,

I am buying gold at the moment. I settle for bracelets and other low 'work' items. Bullions are only available on reservation and currently there is a two week wait.

For the first time ever my wife saw a higher price for buying than selling bullion. The price was when the shop buys 13150 and when the shop sells 13050. As crazy as it seems it looks like they are trying to buy but are unable to sell.

Bought some gold [bullion] yesterday in CM and found out a few things.....

1] In CM, there is a standard 100/baht service charge over BKK

2] went to 7 or 8 shops and no 99.9% bullion available

3] and single 1 baht are hard to find, plus you have to pay another 100THB/per piece for workmanship[?] on a small bar.

Didn't want to pay for all that 'workmanship' and instead bought a single 5 baht piece.

Good news is that today's price is 200THB higher.

I didn't buy on speculation, but for a hedge in case the $h*t hits the fan and paper becomes worthless.

Time will tell.

You folks are having a hard time buying gold there.

It is the same in the USA

Most mints have none the ones that do have a 10-20 oz minimum

which is ok when price is good but harder when it is high.

Also we pay spot + premium of average 9% on coins & 3% on bars

Basically your seeing the same there as elsewhere places would actually like to buy.

Supply is going down when your trying to physically own gold.

So those who (like myself) went short on gold over this past week as soon as the thread started, have now realized a 500-700bht profit per Baht.... Any of the nay sayers like to chime in here on how its all rubbish?? Minus a 100bht fee if they bought any biscuit under 5bht

Bah

Oz