I’m A Cowboy Too, Says Thaksin

george

I’m a cowboy too, says Thaksin

BANGKOK: -- Executives who had gathered to hear Thaksin’s programme for Thailand over the next four years as he looks certain to get re-elected.

Thaksin described Bush, who has already won his second term, as his “good friend and a Texan”.

“We’re both Texas cowboys,” he said.

Thaksin recently met Bush during the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum in Chile, where they talked briefly about the prospects of further negotiations on a bilateral free-trade agreement. Thaksin said there would be no tough issues in the talks if both sides learned to “give and take”.

The thrust of Thaksin’s message was that he would be back as prime minister after the general election on February 6. This would ensure political stability and the continuity of an economic programme which has sought to balance domestic-led growth with export earnings, he added.

Thaksin said he was elected four years ago with a mandate to change Thailand for the good, and there would be even more drastic change and transformation when he was re-elected.

“I know it will happen because I am going to win the election on February 6,” he said.

Thaksin projected himself as a decisive leader in several remarks he made to the audience, which included US Ambassador Darryl Johnson, while his economic adviser and speechwriter Pansak Vinyaratn looked on approvingly.

Asked about his plans for the privatisation of the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand, which failed to go through earlier this year due to labour opposition, Thaksin said he would continue to push for it.

“If you knew my history, you would know that I never give up in my life,” Thaksin said. “I never bow to any demand without any good reason.”

Thaksin also said the investors could count on him. “If you receive any unfair treatment, please come to my office. I will take care [of it].”

The final query put to the prime minister during the question and answer session – moderated by Terence Cuddyre, CEO of Citibank Group and Amcham president – was how he would like to be remembered 100 years from now.

Thaksin said he just wanted to be remembered as “an ordinary man who happened to become prime minister for two terms”.

The session ended at that point with a standing ovation from the audience.

--The Nation 2004-12-17

The final query put to the prime minister during the question and answer session – moderated by Terence Cuddyre, CEO of Citibank Group and Amcham president – was how he would like to be remembered 100 years from now.

By most he will be remebered as the man who screwed Thailand and sucked it dry

By most he will be remebered as the man who screwed Thailand and sucked it dry

how he would like to be remembered 100 years from now.

In a hundred years,the unpleasant memories of both Toxin and Bush-baby should have been successfully repressed in the public psyche! :D

People might still remember John Bobbit who was so successfully "re-membered"! :o

Cheers,

Snowleopard

Hahahahahahahahahahaha, now don't this beat all of everything that we know of Tox. He now says he a cowboy, so he better have bowed legs and have the swagger walk and talk. Now if he does that then it fits his style.

What else is he going to say that makes me fall off of my chair??????

Daveyo :o:D:D

"""""""""""Thaksin also said the investors could count on him. “If you receive any unfair treatment, please come to my office. I will take care [of it].” """"""""

But where does a worker or a civilain go when he/she receives unfair treatment?

I’m a cowboy too, says Thaksin

BANGKOK:

Thaksin described Bush, who has already won his second term, as his “good friend and a Texan”.

“We’re both Texas cowboys,” he said.

Thaksin recently met Bush during the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum in Chile, where they talked briefly about the prospects of further negotiations on a bilateral free-trade agreement. --The Nation 2004-12-17

:o:D:D

Thaksin was behaving like a schoolgirl meeting a rock star when he was in the presence of Bush at the summit in Chile.

I had many good laughs when he was shown on TV when Bush was close by. You could see his eyes following Bush the whole time with admiration on his face. On one occasion, after a picture was taken with all present wearing ponchos Mr. Moonface quickly spun around knowing Bush was standing behind him, extended his arm hoping to shake Bush's hand only to be met by German Chancelor Schröder while Bush seemed to be trying to avoid him and walked away, probably following a delirious "schoolgirl" kind of conversation with him.

I'd love to ask Bush "Who is Prime Minister of Thailand?" -" Huh, huh, I don't know..."

This prime minister is delusional in saying in public that he's a "Texas cowboy".