Shooting In Lamai?

Hi

Heard there was a shooting at Super Sub in Lamai on Saturday night/Sunday Morning...

Police would no let anyone into the club at around 5 am as the Singer had been shot on stage...

anyone heard anymore on this?

AGAIN!!?? :o god this happens ALL the time!!...is there any place more dangerous on the planet (besides Afgahstan and Irek?? :D ) more dangerous than Koh Samui...at least more likely to shot??? :D ....all the tourists who don't come here this year because all the folks here are being so violent...maybe lucky? :D

A few shootings each year aint that bad compared to London, Manchester Detroit and the likes...Samui is an almost crime free place compared to most of the world...shame about the singer..haerd they did a great take of INXS

A few shootings each year aint that bad compared to London, Manchester Detroit and the likes...Samui is an almost crime free place compared to most of the world...shame about the singer..haerd they did a great take of INXS

Is your head in the sand??, no further comment.

Samuiites do defend their little island with gusto.

(I always thought it was full of mafia, and preeeeety dangerous - yes I have been there, and seen it, and been threatened by it, and ran back to Bkkk double quick, no I didn't do anything to provoke it.)

(I always thought it was full of mafia, and preeeeety dangerous - yes I have been there, and seen it, and been threatened by it, and ran back to Bkkk double quick, no I didn't do anything to provoke it.)

please advise us what is this safe haven you live in??? bangkok where there is no crime??

Compared to most other parts of the world Samui is safe....yes there are burglaries, yes a few shootings but seriously....violent crime compared to most of the world.....you can barely walk the streets of London in the daytime safely, at night..no chance without being, mugged, raped, stabbed or shot.....Samui is a safe haven from crime :o

Compared to most other parts of the world Samui is safe....yes there are burglaries, yes a few shootings but seriously....violent crime compared to most of the world.....you can barely walk the streets of London in the daytime safely, at night..no chance without being, mugged, raped, stabbed or shot.....Samui is a safe haven from crime :o

Hmmm, I must be really happy to return to Samui next week because I'm on a 2-day rant...

As some of you may know, I *$^&@! hate the "it happens everywere" BS argument. I doubt a single person comes to the Samui forum to read about how bad it is in the rest of the world. We are here because what happens on Samui interests us.

But if you want to play that game, answer this...where else in the world do taxi drivers stab you or point a gun in your face if you argue over the rip off price? Where else in the world do the police charge you for trying to help an accident victim you spot someone injured on the side of the road and take them to the hospital? Or is a Thai runs into you it's your fault because you are the farang?

Let's take it a step further...NO more posts about infrastructure because other places in the world also have bad roads. NO more posts about what parties there are this December because other countries also have parties. NO more posts about restaurants or best buffets because other countries have restaurants and I guarantee better buffets. Etc, etc.

Edited by koheesti

Hmmm, I must be really happy to return to Samui next week because I'm on a 2-day rant...

As some of you may know, I *$^&@! hate the "it happens everywere" BS argument. I doubt a single person comes to the Samui forum to read about how bad it is in the rest of the world. We are here because what happens on Samui interests us.

But if you want to play that game, answer this...where else in the world do taxi drivers stab you or point a gun in your face if you argue over the rip off price? Where else in the world do the police charge you for trying to help an accident victim you spot someone injured on the side of the road and take them to the hospital? Or is a Thai runs into you it's your fault because you are the farang?

Let's take it a step further...NO more posts about infrastructure because other places in the world also have bad roads. NO more posts about what parties there are this December because other countries also have parties. NO more posts about restaurants or best buffets because other countries have restaurants and I guarantee better buffets. Etc, etc.

Try Mexico City...Thailand/Samui is a walk in the park....I love Samui and think it is a peacful safe place to live...that is relevant to Samui forum OK. My original post was stating how safe in my opinion Samui is, so it is rather relevant to the forum.I have lived there for almost four years befor so I know the place very well. If it makes you feel like some kind of gangster to say you live in a place full of "mafia' and bad guys then so be it but dont give potential family toursists the wrong idea.

Indeed, my sister had a fender bender in Mexico and despite the fact that it was not her fault the police deemed it her fault. Not only did she have to pay for the repairs to her car but to the car that sideswiped her as well.

So, regardless of koheesti's theory that it is only Thailand, well its not. And yes, this forum is about Samui so it is kind of pointless to say "hey it happens everywhere" but equally, it makes no sense to say "only Samui" since that is also patently false. As they say, shit happens and it happens everywhere.

But as has been pointed out, that is not really the question the OP asked. And so far, nobody seems to have heard a thing.

I thought Super Sub was closed and for sale, didn't know they reopened it.

its been open for a few months now... gets very very busy as well...

I heard from a friend at the local police, that it was a local lamai guy, as their girlfriends had taken a shining to the singer from Bangkok.... so they just shot him ...

reminds me of that shooting in Soi Green Mango the other month of the Bangkok guy getting shot by a local samui lad because of his girlfriend..

also to note, there was about 200 people in there, 200 witnesses yet no one caught !..!

Been here 1.5 years and i have no idea about this shooting as of yet.

Have asked a few others and same from them, no idea.

Friends at Super-Sub say the same singers are still there for past 3 months.

The main singers name is Jay, looks a bit Japanese, seen him around the other day.....

Try Mexico City...Thailand/Samui is a walk in the park....I love Samui and think it is a peacful safe place to live...that is relevant to Samui forum OK. My original post was stating how safe in my opinion Samui is, so it is rather relevant to the forum.I have lived there for almost four years befor so I know the place very well. If it makes you feel like some kind of gangster to say you live in a place full of "mafia' and bad guys then so be it but dont give potential family toursists the wrong idea.

So touristy tropical island paradise Samui compares well with Mexico City in crime. I hope they don't put that in any of the Samui brochures.

Back to shootings on Samui - do they ever catch these shooters? There have been several shootings reported here on the forum in the past couple years (but I'm guessing more on the Mexico City forum) but I don't recall anyone ever being caught. If I remember correctly they are almost always in busy clubs or on the street. What about that Thai woman (married to a farang) who was shot and killed when someone just walked into her office and gunned her down? They ever catch him?

Edited by koheesti

street. What about that Thai woman (married to a farang) who was shot and killed when someone just walked into her office and gunned her down? They ever catch him?

she was shoot by a hitman, and the ferang happily married his assistant 2 weeks later ! ..... this was to orginized to catch the killer ( IE Tea Money paid )

but you are correct, most never get caught, and the ones that do can pay there way out...

please advise us what is this safe haven you live in??? bangkok where there is no crime??

Per population, Samui, KPG are far, far more dangerous than Bangkok...

Crime is everywhere, to some extent, but Samui / KPG are notorious mafia islands - please save us the "Samui is a lovely paradise, crap...'

(My ratio of actually viewing dead bodies (murdered) is more than one body per trip to those two islands (six trips over seventeen years), whereas I've only seen one dead body in Bkk in seven years full time living.

Crime is everywhere, to some extent, but Samui / KPG are notorious mafia islands - please save us the "Samui is a lovely paradise, crap...'

(My ratio of actually viewing dead bodies (murdered) is more than one body per trip to those two islands (six trips over seventeen years), whereas I've only seen one dead body in Bkk in seven years full time living.

Please post your itinerary here before you visit next time so we can keep away from wherever you go. Seriously, is there some reason you see murdered people each time you come down?

Please post your itinerary here before you visit next time so we can keep away from wherever you go. Seriously, is there some reason you see murdered people each time you come down?

i have seen many dead bodies here, but never murdered bodies ! ...

well from a post of "did anyone here about shooting at supersub lamai" to which i dont think anyone has heard,its turned into a "i hate samui" discussion................lets face it jasreeve17 just does n't like it here and he's determined to make his point....................no win argument,each to their own!

Sorry HD, once again, will have to correct you...Samui IS more dangerous than BKK...compared to BKK, Samui is the cowboy wild west...BKK is civilization. There is no law here, nor respect for such...at least they feign it in BKK :o

here here