What Are My Options - Visa Wise

I am currently in Thailand(Roiet) and my 30 day tourist visa expires on the 11th of December. What are my options to get a longer visa. Can I get a 1 year O type. My details.

I have a Thai girlfriend and we have a daughter together who holds a Thai and English passport.

I am currently looking for a job but want to start work in the new year so the border run 15 day thingy is no good for me.

Cheers

You can get at least a 60 day extension based on your Thai daughter. When appling you can ask about an extension of based on your Thai child. The rules have just changed and are still a bit unclear. In the past it was only for persons over 50 and very hard to get.

You can get at least a 60 day extension based on your Thai daughter. When appling you can ask about an extension of based on your Thai child. The rules have just changed and are still a bit unclear. In the past it was only for persons over 50 and very hard to get.

Sorry Mario but there is a one off 60 day extension to visit your Child. No age limit.

Or there was. Havn't checked that one up yet.

Yes it is still there.

2.24 In the case of an alien

visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission

will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto.

Good news so can I go to immigration in Mukdahan on Thursday(11th) and get a 60 day extension. What do I need to bring?

My passport and photos.

My daughters two passports.

My daughters birth cert.

Seriously do I need to bring my daughter with me. I am a bit clueless about the visa regs.

It would be a good idea to take the your girl friend along also. When you get around to trying to get the 1 year extension it will help because you will be showing them that you are living together as a family. That way they may not push you to get sole custody which some immigration offices have put up as a roadblock to getting an extension as a parent when using the old over 50 rule.

Also remember you can cross the bridge to Savannakhet and get a 90 day non-o at the Thai consulate there or a tourist visa. But only once unless they have changed their attitude.

Edited by ubonjoe

I cannot post the URL as this site won's allow it. But its the post further down this page by me yesterday asking. What are my options - Visa wise.

1. What type of visa do I ask for - a 60 day extension based on having a dependant.

2. Can I get this in Mukdahan immigration office.

3. What exactly do I need to bring with me.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

You will be able to post URL's after you do a few more posts and get out of the newbie status.

1. You ask for an extension to visit your child. Clause 2.24 of the new police order.

Link: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70477-...ember-2008.html

I don't remember the clause in the old police order but its around page 10 or 11.

Link: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/2notice/rtp606EN.pdf

2. Yes But they have been reported as being unfriendly at times.

3. Birth certificate showing you as your daughters father. Copies of your passport photo page, entrty and permit to stay stamps and TM6 departure card. But take every thing you can think of that you might need because you never know what immigration will ask for. Even your girlfriends house book would be a good idea and her ID.

As I said before take the girl friend along also and it would be a good idea to take the daughter also.

You should go to immigration today.

Keep a trip across the bridge as an option also since you do not have 21 days left on your entry. If immigration does not help you then cross the bridge on Wed. afternoon and stay the night or go early on Thursday and get to the conulate before 10 am and apply for non-o visa. You would then get your visa on Friday afternoon.

Edited by ubonjoe

• 1 month later...
Can you explain the "border run 15 day thing"?

Nationals of some countries, (mostly the industrialised countries) don't have to get a visa before they come to thailand and get a permisission to stay. This is called a visa exempt entry. Each time they arriva at an airport they will get permission to stay for 30 days, when they arrive at a land border they only get 15 days.

When the days are up you can just leave Thailand and cross the border to another country and return agian to get a new visa exempt entry.

Can you explain the "border run 15 day thing"?

Nationals of some countries, (mostly the industrialised countries) don't have to get a visa before they come to thailand and get a permisission to stay. This is called a visa exempt entry. Each time they arriva at an airport they will get permission to stay for 30 days, when they arrive at a land border they only get 15 days.

When the days are up you can just leave Thailand and cross the border to another country and return agian to get a new visa exempt entry.

Yes . Australians can enter Thailand as many times as they want. By Air 30 days at a time. 15 days by land.