I Am Home Now In Usa, Will I Get The 2000 Baht A Day? How ?

I think its BS that we needed to leave our hotels go into another hotel to get the 2000 baht,

It cost me probably $500 US in extra expenses , plus 8 days out oif my life before I got home ,

Now I find out they put a loophole in to get them out of paying,

Gave them great "face" to offer all travelers the 2k baht , but will even 5% of the stranded travelers get anything ?

total BS

Dave

I think its BS that we needed to leave our hotels go into another hotel to get the 2000 baht,

It cost me probably $500 US in extra expenses , plus 8 days out oif my life before I got home ,

Gave them great "face" to offer all travelers the 2k baht , but will even 5% of the stranded travelers get anything ?

total BS

Dave

I think you will find it was well advertised (see other posts) you failed to take advantage of it

As for 8 days out of your life????? COME ON - What are you going on about?

Edited by Tafia

That announcement was totally bogus, it should have read: We will pay up to bt2000 per day to a hotel of ur airline's choosing, to cover room and board but not the mini-bar, internet, or health club, plus, at some point we will only pay for breakfast and lunch and dinner will be on u. If u did not get at least that, I doubt you will get anything...but keep us posted!

SBP

I don't blame the OP -or other stranded tourists- in being upset about getting the run around trying to be reimbursed for the B 2,000 per diem. The B 2,000 reimbursement plan was probably a knee jerk public relations move to make points with the media. When announced, there was probably little planning on the actual process of reimbursing deserving tourists.

In a perverse way, why should they? The Thais rip off tourists as a national sport and people still arrive in ever increasing numbers so maybe trickery is the best business plan afterall...

Na just kidding, the "check is in the mail" :o:D:D

The smart thing to do would have been to leave the Thursday before the shutdown on November 20th like I did :o .

yeah well my crystal ball was in the shop.....

no one knew how long it would last , looking back I should have gone overland on Sunday instead of Wesnesday when I did,

"next time" I will head out quicker ,

dave

total BS

Dave

Yo Dave

There comes a time when some of us should count our blessings and just be greatful we are OK, 8 days out of your life is much better then no life at all

this is thailand,forget it,no matter howmuch you try you will not get even 1 baht.

they will just say "oh its in process"thats all......end of the day all the money will go in their own pocket.

Sounds like Yogi makes bad deals or is not liked by the Thais, I always get back monies owed, first you need be nice and have some paper work

dude suck it up, lots of worse places to be for 8 days, is 16,000 baht really that important to go on and on about, get over it

well 16k baht is alot of money to throw away if its owed to you ,

and 8 more days out of my life was a problem , I had already been there 3 weeks ,

but I know you have all the time and money in the world......

and I am not the only one, whatever number you want to believe are owed this money , 50-100,000 people or more

now thats alot of baht !

anyway I will keep trying ,

Dave-

Will there be a way to apply for the 2000 baht a day we were offered ?

I am back in the USA now ,

I paid my hotel bill before I left but got a seperate receipt for the days I was a "hostage"

How do I do it ?

thanks

Dave

Theyr whas a list of hotels at the TAT website.

Those hotels( Amari, Ambassador etc) where, or free of charge or deducted 2000 baht on you're bill.

That whas the procedure. Some hotels told guests to keep theyr receipts.

So they would get it paid back, but whas wrong information.

somebody earlier mentioned that there is an online application form, but I have searched TAT site and can't find anything.

I think now such form doesn't exist and money can't be claimed, on top what some of the travellers get by staying in hotels.