Upload Speeds In Thailand

Windmillresident

I've been contacted by a graphic design studio in the U.S. that needs strong upload speed if they're to establish an agency in Bangkok. The best I can find is 2 megs/2 megs (down and upload speeds). I've looked at Hughesnet, the guys that have satellite bandwidth capabilities but they seem to be focused on Indonesia an India, both rural and urban, rather than Thailand.

Any thoughts or help anyone can give me would be appreciated!

Peter

AFAIK only CAT offers 2mbps upload, and for this you need a G.SHDSL modem.

Maybe True or one of the other ISP's has it on their business packages.

Anyway, I think G.SHDSL is limited to 2mbps both ways, but is able to carry this speed over larger distances then regular ADSL.

Regular ADSL is limited at 1Mbps upload.

Anything faster and you'll have to go leased line, which will be very expensive and limited to certain area's of town.

Or indeed satellite as they technologically can set whatever speed for both down and uplink. But those services tend to be very expensive as well.

For leased lines you can contact csloxinfo for a quote:

http://www.csloxinfo.com/ll_sub_eng.asp

I have only a little apocryphal information.

My 2mpU/512DOWN connection regularly gets 433/32 and I am thrilled as its often much less.

I know of two companies that didn't locate here because of the broadband limitations.

Shame.

(A word that doesnt seem to exist in practice here)

I haven't seen any line/service in Thailand that will give you more than 40kb/s upload to server/machine that located outside the country, even on CAT lines. Inside Thailand it will go up to 50-60kb/s connecting to torrents/smtp/ftp.

About a year ago I was regularly Uploading Files to a server in the US at 80kB/s via FTP on a cheap 1000 baht/month Hinet (Cat/TTT) line. On a Leased Line I was getting near full capacity uploads.

I haven't seen any line/service in Thailand that will give you more than 40kb/s upload to server/machine that located outside the country, even on CAT lines. Inside Thailand it will go up to 50-60kb/s connecting to torrents/smtp/ftp.

No problems here!

Thaivisa servers (located in Singapore) pretty much always give me 100 kBps upload speeds, about as much as you can expect on 1Mbps connection (i.e. 80% of line capacity which is considered a perfect connection for ADSL)

Last Result:

Download Speed: 1818 kbps (227.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 814 kbps (101.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 152 ms

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 8:36:04 AM

TT&T Maxnet Premier package