Rental Contract For Portion Of A Land Title

I currently rent some land in Phuket where the rental contract for 15 years is registered at our local Amphur, thus providing me with the assurance that for the term of the rental period I cannot be thrown off the land unless I don't pay the rent! That piece of land is defined by a single Chanote land title.

Now I want to rent a further piece of land where the portion of land is only a small part of the relevant land title document. Ie - In the rental agreement for this land, it will be neccessary to quote the Chanote/NS3G reference numbers, AND then define the portion of that land that I will be renting.

Is such an arrangement possible/legal under Thai law, and can such a rental contract be registered at the Amphur office - as per the current land that I rent?

Thanks

Simon

Good question. I have never had to register a lease a for a portion of a title but I believe that it should be possible under the law.

In practice you will be relying on a good lease agreement . In this you will need to very clearly define the demised premises. I suggest using a layout plan which has been witnessed by the tenant, and perhaps even by the land department.

You may want to inquire at the land department to see whether their surveyors can also help to install some markers so as to help defuse potential for future conflict.

Please let us know how you get on.