Letter From Bank

I have Bangkok bank accounts in Pattaya and in Udon. The Udon branch will quite happily include both balances in the one letter (200 Baht) and also update my passbooks to reflect the current balances. I normally do it one or two days prior to going to Nong Khai Immigration.

John

Edited by wokkawombat

Tyke

I think you will find, as happened with me with TMB bank, that only the branch where you have the account will issue you with a letter.

100 % right

i had over a million baht in a 5 year old account at TMB in pattaya a few years ago and went to a tmb branch in chiang mai for a letter to confirm the balance ?

ohhhhhhh can NOT !

why ?

money not here !

how can i do ?

open account here .

bring million baht here

can do letter : )

30 minits later i had another TMB account , debit card and the letter

problem solved !

dont you just love Thailand : ) .... dave2

I suppose we all love Thailand, or would be somewhere else. But this does not mean we have to like and/or put up with thai style crap, especially concerning banks. All problems refered to here stem from the fact, that their any given bank operates along the franchise lines. There are no general rules or they don't adhere to them. EXAMPLES:

SCB ATM's charge 20 or 30 Bt, depending on how great are their needs?

ATM's of the same name bank charge for withdrawals in another city, or province.

Letters confirming acc balance may or may not be issued by another branch of the same name bank.

Hours of work are not uniform for same name bank depending on branch and/or province.

Sending money out of Thailand by TT or SWIFT is no probs or a no-no, depending on staff of the branch.

Borrowing money is not for farang (said to your face), but not with all the banks, or branches.

IN SHORT: Thai banks are not exactly what we expect from banks in the west. Expect the unexpected, whether you love it, or not... and you can continue with your love affair with the country. :o

I have found Bangkok Bank to be a bunch of M@rons no matter where I dealt with them and others I know have had similar experiences. I changed to Kasikorn on the recommendation of a friend and have had nothing but good results, couldn't recommend them higher (Chalong, Phuket Branch but also minor dealings in the provinces). :o