Going On Mae Sai Visa Run - Trip Buddy?

SomNamNah

Need to go to Mae Sai sometime before 26th december, will be going on motorbike for fun.

Have cb400 (faster) or chopper (laid back speeds).

Anyone want to drive up as a Thai Visa-Visa run gang by bike and back?

Luckily my Fan says its too cold to go on the back of the bike this time, so i can enjoy the winding road that much more!

Possibly going the back way via Chiang Dao?

otherwise its on my lonesome again... ie: drive like a complete nutter to break my personal visa run speed record.

Edited by SomNamNah

Need to go to Mae Sai sometime before 26th december, will be going on motorbike for fun.

Have cb400 (faster) or chopper (laid back speeds).

Anyone want to drive up as a Thai Visa-Visa run gang by bike and back?

Luckily my Fan says its too cold to go on the back of the bike this time, so i can enjoy the winding road that much more!

Possibly going the back way via Chiang Dao?

otherwise its on my lonesome again... ie: drive like a complete nutter to break my personal visa run speed record.

what is your visa run speed record ?

If blinky bill is reading, its 4 hours.

otherwise its a SHAMEFUL ermmm...

leave 11am, get back 6pm... i think.. in my defense, i tend to stop at the coffee shops, and roadside cafes.. PLUS i usually do it with a thai on the back!

And before you say anything... yes yes yes. I have seen the guys leaning into the bends at a crazy angle. And no, i dont know/want to !! haha!

Basically, if i beat the sunset, im happy.

But i did beat that fuc_king onion truck down the mountain last time! whoohoo!

Edited by SomNamNah

If blinky bill is reading, its 4 hours.

otherwise its a SHAMEFUL ermmm...

leave 11am, get back 6pm... i think.. in my defense, i tend to stop at the coffee shops, and roadside cafes.. PLUS i usually do it with a thai on the back!

And before you say anything... yes yes yes. I have seen the guys leaning into the bends at a crazy angle. And no, i dont know/want to !! haha!

But i did beat that fuc_king onion truck down the mountain last time! whoohoo!

blinky bile can no doubt do it in 3, I'm sure I read that he did hua hin to Chiang mai in 5 hours or summit! He's a mad dog!If you know what I mean :o

Isnt that just crazy? Farang border runners must spend a fortune in this fine country. I have.

When they start messing with the 15 month visas, then its time to panic!

I have been thinking about staying in Chiang Rai if they mess around anymore, the countryside around there is incredible. Sadly the fan cant live too far from CM, and is scared of ghosts and things that go bump in the night, so there goes the mountain top retreat idea...

Edited by SomNamNah

Isnt that just crazy? Farang border runners must spend a fortune in this fine country. I have.

When they start messing with the 15 month visas, ...

What is a 15 month visa? I have never heard of one.

They are supposed to be one year visas, but you can make them last longer if you are careful. :o