Non Imm B From Cambodia

hi

im fed up with border runs and i want to get a one year non imm b visa from cambodia, laos or vietnam as its a lot cheaper than going all the way back to england to get one.

i dont have a degree so i cant get a work permit.

how easy/hard is it to get a year long non imm b from a thai embassy in a neighbouring country?

what sort of paperwork would i need?

id appreciate any advice.

stephen

hi

im fed up with border runs and i want to get a one year non imm b visa from cambodia, laos or vietnam as its a lot cheaper than going all the way back to england to get one.

how easy/hard is it to get a year long non imm b from a thai embassy in a neighbouring country?

id appreciate any advice.

stephen

Easy, for non-B in SEA you need a workpermit to start with here is the rest.

2. Application for Visa

2.1 Non-Immigrant Visa Category “B” (Business Visa) is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom to work or to conduct business.

(1) Foreigners who wish to work in Thailand must provide the following documents:

- Passport or travel document with validity of not less than 6 months.

- Completed visa application form.

- Recent passport-sized photograph (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past 6 months.

- Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family).

- Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour. To obtain this letter, the applicant’s prospective employer in Thailand is required to submit Form WP3 at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour Tel. 02-2452745, or at the Provincial Employment Office in his or her respective province. More information is available at www.doe.go.th/workpermit/index.html

- Copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour and alien income tax or Por Ngor Dor 91 (only in the case where applicant has previously worked in Thailand).

- Corporate documents of hiring company in Thailand such as:

1) business registration and business license

2) list of shareholders

3) company profile

4) details of business operation

5) list of foreign workers stating names, nationalities and positions

6) map indicating location of the company

7) balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30 of the latest year)

8) value-added tax registration (Por Por 20)

- Document indicating the number of foreign tourists (for tourism business only), or document indicating export transactions issued by banks (for export business only).

N.B.

- An alien who receives a Non-Immigrant visa can work in Thailand once he or she is being granted a work permit. An alien in violation of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning taking up employment without work permit or the Royal Decree B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning holding employment in certain restricted occupations and professions shall be prosecuted and imprisoned or fined, or shall face both penalties.

- It is recommended that the applicant should apply for visa at the Thai Embassy/ Consulate in the country where he/she has the residence

source: MFA

char124.gif

Without a work permit you cannot get a one year non B in the SE Asia Region.

Even with a work permit and all the correct company papers, KL is the only place reliably issuing one year non Bs at the moment.

By the way, you don't need a degree for a work permit - just suitable qualifications.