Know Anywhere Nice For A Posh Dinner?

1unique

YES Fench (BISTRO) food is exactly what I am looking for, NOT Tourist Thai. I huess I should have been more specific..

I will check all of these places out, Auboncoin sounds good IM looking for something Cosy and with a nice ambiance.

They are here for a few weeks so i will have time to take them to all the places mentioned on here, but not Touristy ones.

Thanks

My favorite is Casa Pascale 'french/continental' across from the RGP behind 2nd rd. I owned a french restaurant.

Cherries on 3rd road across from Xcyte Disco would be a great selection. The dining room is very nice and the food is very good and not too expensive. They offer a continental menu and also have a good wine selection. I assure you it will be a great evening.

Edited by ericg1953

I Just dug out the ad for Cafe Des Amis Menu looks good, would love to hear any reviews if any one has or does try it, I might try it myself this weekend and will let you know if I manage to get down.

I have had the brunch at Manhattans and would recommend it for value and menu.

Matahari and Mantra you wont go wrong either.

Cafe Des Amis-Great food, nice decor, friendly staff and the owners a great guy (name Blue)as well. the menu is not huge but all fresh and very well cooked. I have beeen there about 12 times with family, friends and alone and can not fault it.

Mata Hari is also a top class meal and Louie is a great guy/friend

manhattens is a suberb steak, but just on the pricey side but no question, on quality!

I Just dug out the ad for Cafe Des Amis Menu looks good, would love to hear any reviews if any one has or does try it, I might try it myself this weekend and will let you know if I manage to get down.

I have had the brunch at Manhattans and would recommend it for value and menu.

Matahari and Mantra you wont go wrong either.

Cafe Des Amis-Great food, nice decor, friendly staff and the owners a great guy (name Blue)as well. the menu is not huge but all fresh and very well cooked. I have beeen there about 12 times with family, friends and alone and can not fault it.

Mata Hari is also a top class meal and Louie is a great guy/friend

manhattens is a suberb steak, but just on the pricey side but no question, on quality!

Thanks Lemel

I will try Cafe Des Amis tonight, always good to find somewhere new, anyone tried La Luna on third rd yet? I've heard some good reports but yet to have a taste myself.

OK Thanks a lot to everybody who has given me loads of recommendations, I have checked all the web sites out for the establishments and phoned them up for info..

have booked tables for the following places and Will let you guys know the outcome in a few days.. Im very excited!

1) "Auboncoin" www.auboncoinpattaya.com

2) "Cafe des Amis" www.pattayabistro.com

THANKS ALL

My Parents are visiting this week, I want to take them for a nice dinner and wine.

Any ideas where the best place is? My Budget is 5k for 4 People inc Wine.

YES Fench (BISTRO) food is exactly what I am looking for, NOT Tourist Thai. I huess I should have been more specific..

I will check all of these places out, Auboncoin sounds good IM looking for something Cosy and with a nice ambiance.

They are here for a few weeks so i will have time to take them to all the places mentioned on here, but not Touristy ones.

Thanks

I saw this place advertised recently Cafe Des Amis its on the Tappaya Rd I recall from the ad.

I will see if i can dig out the contact details later for you, it was in one of the local newspapers I think. I haven't tried it myself.

I can also recommend Au Boin Coin I have been there many times Jose is a great host and chef.

Agreed! Def best for budget of 5k with wine. Great cheeseboard.

Cafe des Amis and Mata Hari both good and reliable too, but you may be stretching to do them for 5k - reckon nearer 6 to 7k to cover it.

Nobody has mentioned any of the good seafood restaurants which is one of the reasons i like dining out in Pattaya ....great seafood at cheap prices.....

Walking St.....King Seafood, Vientienne and Mum Aroy down in Naklua are all okay and within budget

There are probably many more good places in Pattaya

Can recommend the restaurant "Lux'or". It's a Swiss / French oriented restaurant, excellent food and wines, reasonable prices and very good service.

Owner is Bruno Begni and the place is located on Soi Day & night 2 (off South Pattaya Road) opposite the Flamingo Hotel. Phone: 038 723 741 or mobile: 081 804 2575.

You do not expect a place with such a style and quality on this location.

The most beautiful restaurant at the moment is Baan Rimpa, down the coast towards Bang Saree on a clifftop overlooking the sea, the restaurant is on 6 levels going down the side of the cliff, all open, teak structure large grass area with bean bags to sit on and have drinks, a really spectacular setting, can book during the week but not at weekends. Food can be great, can be so so, service so so but the setting is out of this world you could be in the South of France. Opens 5pm not for lunch (maybe open for lunch at weekends.....not sure)

For wonderful seafood try Preechas in Ban Amphur (located just after the Ambassador) freat value food, consistently excellent quality and very reasonable price, situated on the beach next to the small fishing fleet.

The most beautiful restaurant at the moment is Baan Rimpa, down the coast towards Bang Saree on a clifftop overlooking the sea, the restaurant is on 6 levels going down the side of the cliff, all open, teak structure large grass area with bean bags to sit on and have drinks, a really spectacular setting, can book during the week but not at weekends. Food can be great, can be so so, service so so but the setting is out of this world you could be in the South of France. Opens 5pm not for lunch (maybe open for lunch at weekends.....not sure)

For wonderful seafood try Preechas in Ban Amphur (located just after the Ambassador) freat value food, consistently excellent quality and very reasonable price, situated on the beach next to the small fishing fleet.

Freddy can you give me more details on Baan Rimpa it sound amazing i want to go, whenever i do internet searchs i only get listings for phuket

Cheers

DAVE

Freddy can you give me more details on Baan Rimpa it sound amazing i want to go, whenever i do internet searchs i only get listings for phuket

Cheers

DAVE

Completely agree with Freddy about both his recommendations. The 'Rimpa' (I think the full name is Baan Rimpa Lapin) is just outside Ban Amphur. Take the Sukhumvit Road towards Sattahip, Drive through Ban Amphur and up the hill towards Bang Saray. As the road levels out there is a u-turn (Sunshine Condo? is on the right near here). Take the u-turn then look for the large Rimpa Lapin sign on the left - about 0.5 km back towards Ban Amphur. Drive to the end of this lane and the restaurant is on the right.

Edited by chickenslegs