Over 10 Million Baht’s Worth Of Counterfeit Items Destroyed By Thai Customs Department At Laem Chabang Port.

kurgen

Earlier this week we attended a press conference at the Laem Chabang Port, organized by the Thai Customs Service. Khun Shaweewan, the Deputy Director of the Customs Department of Thailand attended the press conference which revealed 10.8 Million Baht’s worth of counterfeit items which had been shipped in from China.

Containers full of the poor quality fake branded items and spare parts for cars and other vehicles were intercepted over a period of 1 month.

Counterfeit branded watches, shoes, mobile phones, slot machines, t-shirts and many other items were seized in the operation which took place during the month of October.

The Deputy Director explained that the operation demonstrated the quantity of poor quality fake goods which are entering Thailand illegally.

No import tax is paid on the goods as shipping documents will often not correspond with the items inside the containers.

Pattaya One News

Next time pay the tea money, fools :o

post-7305-1229004320_thumb.jpg

post-7305-1229004499_thumb.jpg

I guess we are all pretty much used to the fake goods such as watches, trainers, make up etc. here in Pattaya, but on a more serious note the above article says "fake spare parts for cars and other vehicles", a failure of one of these fake spares fitted to a vehicle could have serious consequences indeed!!

Well done Thai customs. :o

There is a huge clampdown now on imported ( fake goods ) from china,in fact all chinese goods are treated as suspect and all imports are held there and have to be collected and opened in front of officers by the receiver,( i have just had notice of this )., im off to get 2 myself ( not fake ),. i see this as Thais wanting to only sell Thai copies, !, When i asked how much my import taxes were they replied " come and make us an offer " :D .this is 100 per cent true,. :o

well i went to get my 2 boxes, 1 has disapeared !,( and tracking details show they are there ). the other with 2 wheel rims for a bike in ( declared value $35 ) was there, they wanted 4300 baht taxes, i kid you not, when i went to walk out after telling them to keep them they called me back and said "make an offer ". i said ill pay only on the declred value, so he opened the box and i paid 236 baht,. now all you thai defenders tell me "oh this happens in the us/uk " <deleted> it does, they are scam artists all of them,.