Rumor; Turning Away Other Provinces From Suan Plu

There has been a rumor going around here on TV that applicants from other provinces have been turned away from Suan Plu and been told to apply at their "home" province.

I live in the sticks (close to Khao Yai) and my "home" province would be Korat.

Applied for my extension yesterday at Suan Plu.

Asked them if there was some kind of new regulation being enforced and they said "No", they just wanted to know who would apply where.

They gave me a form to sign that stated that I would like to continue to apply at Suan Plu and that was that.

When I handed my papers over to the "Captain" she asked me "Why" and I replied that I had business in BKK every year around this time and that it was more convenient for me.

NO Problem what so ever.

//t

There have been reports of Marriage and Retirement extension applications being referred to "the local office".

I am sure some will be pleased with this news from Touch.

However queues at Suan Phlu do seem to be excessive at times,

so your local office may be a better option.

Asked them if there was some kind of new regulation being enforced and they said "No", they just wanted to know who would apply where.

They gave me a form to sign that stated that I would like to continue to apply at Suan Plu and that was that.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know better than to try to apply logic, but what earthly difference does it make to them if you sign such a form, or simply show up next time? It's like you are giving yourself permission to continue to be processed at Suan Phlu??? :o

There have been reports of Marriage and Retirement extension applications being referred to "the local office".

I don’t know if this is a new rule or not but I was moved from Immigration head office (Bangkok) to my local Immigration office in October 2008.

I don’t know if this is a new rule or not but I was moved from Immigration head office (Bangkok) to my local Immigration office in October 2008.

I was also moved from Bangkok head office to my local office in Mukhdahan in the beginning of October.

The officer had just finished processing the application and was about to stamp extension of retirement visa in my passport, when she saw I am living in Mahasarakham Province and not supposed to go to the head office.

It is rather difficult to get extension in Mukdahan if you compare with Bangkok.