Anyone Know Thai Post Surface Shipping Rates?

tiger tanaka

Does anyone happen to know where I can find the rates for Thai Post surface rates for packages? I can't seem to find it on their website. I need to send my belongings to Japan. If I remember you can send a max of 20kgs per box. I'm debating surface for a few hundred kilos right to my door, or a cubic meter in a container for only 5k baht. However, that is just to Nagoya Port, and customs clearance and further shipping can be a real headache in Japan.

Shipping stuff is soooo much fun.. :o

And I am taking a cat too. Even more fun when you are traveling with pets.

Regards

Does anyone happen to know where I can find the rates for Thai Post surface rates for packages? I can't seem to find it on their website. I need to send my belongings to Japan. If I remember you can send a max of 20kgs per box. I'm debating surface for a few hundred kilos right to my door, or a cubic meter in a container for only 5k baht. However, that is just to Nagoya Port, and customs clearance and further shipping can be a real headache in Japan.

Regards

And not trying to funny, but do you really think sending stuff by surface mail will get you around import duties in Japan ?..somehow think not

Think you will find sending the weights you intend to send by surface mail will cost you more than THB 5k

Regards

And not trying to funny, but do you really think sending stuff by surface mail will get you around import duties in Japan ?..somehow think not

Think you will find sending the weights you intend to send by surface mail will cost you more than THB 5k

Its all used personal items, mostly books, clothing, and tools so there won't be any duty, I just don't want to go to Nagoya and deal with clearance (basically standing around while they go through every book spine looking for drugs) and then perhaps the hefty shipping fees from the port to my house. So spending 10-15 baht with Thai Post may just be easier and less hassle, even though I can't send as much.

edit: I mean 10-15 thousand baht.

Edited by tiger tanaka

Its all used personal items, mostly books, clothing, and tools so there won't be any duty, I just don't want to go to Nagoya and deal with clearance (basically standing around while they go through every book spine looking for drugs) and then perhaps the hefty shipping fees from the port to my house. So spending 10-15 baht with Thai Post may just be easier and less hassle, even though I can't send as much.

edit: I mean 10-15 thousand baht.

I may be wrong here, but believe you need a minimum of a 1 year visa for Japan to bring in personal effects tax free

Including the cat.

Are you thinking of sending the cat via surface mail as well ??... :o

Oh I wish.. She howls in airports. Taking her on a direct flight. Had to have her microchipped and her blood serum sent to Japan for rabies antibodies test SIX months before departure. Still doing the paperwork for this tabby.. But will be no quarantine with this method if all goes well..

Why do you not just go to a post office for your information ? When i started shipping things out of Thailand , i went to a sub-office across the road from my apartment , the young lady was only too happy to oblige I thought she would be more helpfull than the main office because she wanted my buisness . This young lady even packed my mail for me as they use special packaging .

Why do you not just go to a post office for your information ? When i started shipping things out of Thailand , i went to a sub-office across the road from my apartment , the young lady was only too happy to oblige I thought she would be more helpfull than the main office because she wanted my buisness . This young lady even packed my mail for me as they use special packaging .

Because I am working and living in Vientiane at the moment. But will be back in Thailand in a few weeks..