Financing A Ninja 250r

bombis

I want to buy a Ninja 250R. Its around 150,000 Baht but I would like to pay 50% down and then finance the rest.

Now I am wondering if somebody knows if Kawasaki has their own financing program or if you gotta hire another company such as cetelem or first choice?

For the latter case, which one is the best, any good/bad experience with any certain financing company?

thanks for any help.

I want to buy a Ninja 250R. Its around 150,000 Baht but I would like to pay 50% down and then finance the rest.

Now I am wondering if somebody knows if Kawasaki has their own financing program or if you gotta hire another company such as cetelem or first choice?

For the latter case, which one is the best, any good/bad experience with any certain financing company?

thanks for any help.

I may know of someone selling their ninja in January which will solve many of your problems.

The financing is done inhouse through Kawasaki i would imagine but since ive never done it i cant be sure I

will be following this thread as i will be trying to finance a Yamaha FX-1 early next year also OR pimp up my current XJR 1300

Its done at the Kawasaki showroom on Rama9 if ya paying 50% deposit then no problems as long as its either in a Thai's name or you have work permit etc.

or if ya can stretch to 125,000 i know where you can get a brand new pre-registered Black one with 1st class insurance included. if interested pm me.

Allan

Hey Bombis,

Have you gone to visit the Kawasaki Big Bike Showroom on Rama 9?

KawasakiBKKMap.gif

They can show you their 'in house' finance sheet and answer any questions you might have.

IF the ER-6N goes on sale in January I'll be putting up my Ninja 250R for sale. Priced to sell at just 100,000THB! :o

Has about 10,000km on the clock. EXCELLENT shape, never down, never dropped and I've serviced it every 3000km (much more often than required by Kawasaki). Balance of 2 year unlimited warranty! It's about ready for a new set of tires. I'm leaving for Europe on Monday so it will sit indoors at my office for the next 5 weeks staring at the road-

0914Ninja3Sm.jpg

Happy Trails!

thanks for any help.

I may know of someone selling their ninja in January which will solve many of your problems.

The financing is done inhouse through Kawasaki i would imagine but since ive never done it i cant be sure I

will be following this thread as i will be trying to finance a Yamaha FX-1 early next year also OR pimp up my current XJR 1300

You're getting a FX-1?? :D

Thats a Jetski. :o

Would it not be cheaper to rent at the beach?

thanks for any help.

typo Andrew... FZ-1

thanks for all the quick answers so far.

@bigbikebkk:

thanks for the map. i have heard about this shop before. it must be the main kawasaki shop in bangkok? I will go check there. how come the quick change to a ER-6N? Any issues with the 250R? Or just in need for some extra power?

Anyway. I am not planning to but right now but in about 3-4 months. So I'll also monitor this thread or will post again to see if then there are still some available. Black is unfortunately the color I did not want to have.

Actually I dont even know yet which colors are available in Thailand from the green, black, blue, red, special edition green/black?

thanks for any help.

typo Andrew... FZ-1

What's wrong with Kawasaki?

@bigbikebkk:

thanks for the map. i have heard about this shop before. it must be the main kawasaki shop in bangkok? I will go check there. how come the quick change to a ER-6N? Any issues with the 250R? Or just in need for some extra power?

Anyway. I am not planning to but right now but in about 3-4 months. So I'll also monitor this thread or will post again to see if then there are still some available. Black is unfortunately the color I did not want to have.

Actually I dont even know yet which colors are available in Thailand from the green, black, blue, red, special edition green/black?

yes its the main Kawasaki shop ..not as nice as the Yamaha shop but anyway. You can test drive the hel_l outta the ninja when you go there... jump on the D Tracker also, thats good fun around the bumpy carpark.

Thailand only has diarrhoea green and stealthly black.. black is cool. The green ones fall over more :o

Thailand only has diarrhoea green and stealthly black.. black is cool. The green ones fall over more :wai:

Argh! You're killin' me Trent! Got me rollin' and my worker bees lookin' at me like I'm deranged! :o:D

To BOMBIS- I LOVE :D my little Ninja 250R :D , but for the type of long distance sport touring type of riding I like to do a bigger bike would really be more 'appropriate', plus perhaps my mate Trent just might be able to keep up if I get a heavier bike :D

Depending on my finances when the ER-6N goes on sale I might just keep the Ninja as it's a wicked fun bike!

Thailand only has diarrhoea green and stealthly black.. black is cool. The green ones fall over more :wai:

Argh! You're killin' me Trent! Got me rollin' and my worker bees lookin' at me like I'm deranged! :o:D

To BOMBIS- I LOVE :D my little Ninja 250R :D , but for the type of long distance sport touring type of riding I like to do a bigger bike would really be more 'appropriate', plus perhaps my mate Trent just might be able to keep up if I get a heavier bike :D

Depending on my finances when the ER-6N goes on sale I might just keep the Ninja as it's a wicked fun bike!

lol... i know what you mean. Im sitting here giggling to myself and all my people in my office think im nuts (no comments please people)

dont you worry Tony, once i learn how to actually ride my bike and find the accelerator im sure i will be able to keep up

@BigBikeBKK

The ER6n is off for a few months, first Kawasaki never introduces new bikes in January.. so by corporation reputation it should be February, and somebody who has a bit inside information told me that that it is more likely that the Ninja would be earlier available for domestic sales.

The bad part is that Thailand is the lowest on priority rating, and Europe the highest, with a even higher push...now that the US market is failing....

Cheers Richard,

I know you may very well be right- I never expect anything to arrive quite on time here in the LOS. I won't be back until late January anyway, and the little Ninja 250R is a load of fun and will keep me happy until the ER-6N becomes available, hopefully sooner than later!

I wonder why all of the sales staff at Kawasaki still think the ER-6N is coming next month. I asked again at the Kawasaki Booth at the Chiang Mai Bike Week and they said "For Sure!" Ah well, TiT I suppose :D

If all else fails I'll try to ignore the ridiculous mark-up and throw down for the FZ6 :D I know the FZ6 is superior to the ER-6N, but it's certainly not ~157,000THB better! :o

@BigBikeBKK

The ER6n is off for a few months, first Kawasaki never introduces new bikes in January.. so by corporation reputation it should be February, and somebody who has a bit inside information told me that that it is more likely that the Ninja would be earlier available for domestic sales.

The bad part is that Thailand is the lowest on priority rating, and Europe the highest, with a even higher push...now that the US market is failing....

Don't understand the bit about the "more likely that the Ninja would be earlier available for domestic sales", we already have the 250cc Ninja, I heard that the 1,000cc/200 PS Ninja will also be available in Thailand, but no dates and no price.

@bigbikebkk:

yes its the main Kawasaki shop ..not as nice as the Yamaha shop but anyway. You can test drive the hel_l outta the ninja when you go there... jump on the D Tracker also, thats good fun around the bumpy carpark.

Thailand only has diarrhoea green and stealthly black.. black is cool. The green ones fall over more :D

:o

According to the unofficial count I've been running in my head it seems that there has been one of each colour dropped.....per the forum.

The thing is that we, as in Thailand, get what sells less then expected in Europe. And with the ER6n, Kawasaki already has to tell European customers that they have to wait 3 months before they get the bike.... So we as Thai.... we just have to wait....longer

The superiority of the Yamaha FZ6 is probably a good source for a whole different discussion, but people who ride them both would tell you that the bikes, other then the obvious 600cc equality, have little in common. Both bikes are in the range of being naked bikes, but the Yamaha is surely being the more naked sport bike, while the Kawasaki is more the naked all-rounder. Yes, I know the press liked to call the ER6n the naked Ninja, but with having a more upright riding position it is not really comparable to a sport bike. And the Kawasaki ER6n with 17kilo less weight and less nervous engine is probably more fun for riding in Thailand.

I rode a hire FZ6N here (it was a S1 / early model) and find the 'less upright' position comment above a bit strange Richard, I havent ridden a ER6 yet but the FZ was very much upright and not on your hands sport, a position I dont favor for Thailand much.. You could position yourself close to the tank and even sit almost motard like..

The engine didnt feel 'nervous' to me either really.. Little buzz bomb that it was, tho I kinda like that free revving kind of delivery. I cant think of ANY twin I have ridden (outside of harley'esque cruisers) I have never swung a leg over a SV650 etc so I dont have any experience of what I read are torque'ier kind of delivery. Looking forward to finding out.