Rotator Cuff Surgery - Recommendations

fearless1

I am going to need rotator cuff surgery. I have a tear and I also need to have some of the bone shaved. I know what's involved in the procedure since I had the procedure performed on the other shoulder 3 years ago.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to a good hospital and surgeon? I have lived in both Chiang Mai and Pattaya so if it was possible, I would prefer to either have the surgery there or use one of those areas for recuperation. The baht bus route in Pattaya is especially helpful since I will not be able to drive for a while.

If anyone has any idea on approximate costs it would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

fearless

• 2 weeks later...
I am going to need rotator cuff surgery. I have a tear and I also need to have some of the bone shaved. I know what's involved in the procedure since I had the procedure performed on the other shoulder 3 years ago.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to a good hospital and surgeon? I have lived in both Chiang Mai and Pattaya so if it was possible, I would prefer to either have the surgery there or use one of those areas for recuperation. The baht bus route in Pattaya is especially helpful since I will not be able to drive for a while.

If anyone has any idea on approximate costs it would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

fearless

I was at the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital about 6 months ago inquiring about the cost of having the same operation done.

I was consulted by Doctor Werayut Chayapinun ([email protected]). He was professional and his English was excellent. At his recommendation I had an MRI to determine exactly what the problems were in my shoulder. All the scans were placed on his computer and he was able to point out and enlarge the images of the problem areas.

He advised me that the approximate cost to carry out the arthroscope would be around 100,000 Baht.

He also said that there would be a recovery period afterwards which would involve physio etc., and that I should allow a six week window before returning to work.

Cheers,

MEGA