Taxi Service With Reasonable Rates South Pattaya?

jonaz

Can anyone recommend a taxi service with reasonable rates that operates in South Pattaya?

I need to fly from U-Tapau airport on Sunday and the Taxi service that my hotel uses has quoted me 600 baht.

I was hoping I could get one a little cheaper than that (or maybe it's the going rate?)

I only payed 200 baht to get the coach from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya and that's over 100km further!

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Jon.

Can anyone recommend a taxi service with reasonable rates that operates in South Pattaya?

I need to fly from U-Tapau airport on Sunday and the Taxi service that my hotel uses has quoted me 600 baht.

I was hoping I could get one a little cheaper than that (or maybe it's the going rate?)

I only payed 200 baht to get the coach from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya and that's over 100km further!

Jon.

There is a price difference between a bus with 51 seats and a private taxi I guess.

600-700 Baht is the going rate for U-tapao.

Main reason being the 0% chance to pick up a fare over there!

I think Bangkok Airways operates a minivan service to there, lot cheaper but of course the times will be connected to their flights. Also not sure you can use it if not flying Bangkok Airways...

I think Bangkok Airways operates a minivan service to there, lot cheaper but of course the times will be connected to their flights. Also not sure you can use it if not flying Bangkok Airways...

My flight is with Bangkok Airways! I'll try and contact them to find out more. Thanks for your replies everyone.

Yep 600-700 about right....even the hotels around Ban Chang charge 250-300 for a taxi to U-tapao and its only a about a 10km trip one-way...

i've noticed those proper sedan taxi's from the airport have been queueing outside

"the avenue" in a line waiting for passengers. probably the quickest way out of town

without paying inflated middleman prices. it is supposed to be cheaper on return trip.

For anybodys interest I spoke with Bangkok airways today and they do not have a minibus service.

They just refer customers to one of the local firms.

HL :o

Actually they do have a bus service. Call them back again and ask them for the number of Crane & Co. Last time I checked they pick you up from your place of residence and take you to the airport for 250 baht.

Jon.

I usually pay 400 baht for a songtaew from central Pattaya to east Pattaya. If you could let me know which taxi charges only 600 baht to Utapau i would be gratefull. You can tell me next time i walk past you on the beach. I know who you are as I have seen you drinking your bottle of chang whilst sitting on a beach bench :o

Hi Jiu-Jitsu...If bangkok airways have their own bus service then why would they give you the number of crane and co.

Like I said in my post they just refer you to a local firm. (ie:-crane and co...if thats what they are called)

As I said in my original post "I am bussing down from Korat", but now I am going on the Rayong bus and they will drop me off by the road that leads to the airport as they go past, (about 6km's away). So that will hopefully save time and money.

HL :o

Jon.

I usually pay 400 baht for a songtaew from central Pattaya to east Pattaya. If you could let me know which taxi charges only 600 baht to Utapau i would be gratefull. You can tell me next time i walk past you on the beach. I know who you are as I have seen you drinking your bottle of chang whilst sitting on a beach bench :o

I didn't take any notice of the taxi firm's name. My hotel (Hillside Resort) arranged it for me and I just got in and paid the driver. If you call them they will tell you the name I'm sure.

Hi,

If you are willing to travel at 7 o clock in the morning to Utapao then the cheapest way is 100 bahts.

This is not a fare but a tip.

Go to Mermaids dive shop either in central pattaya beach road or there shop in jomtien.

Ask nong, on the counter if she still works there. They have a couple of daily baht buses that leave at 7 to satthahip.

The bus goes past utapao airport on the way. If they have space the driver will drop you off.

Or you can try nakorn chai air bus on north road. You will probably get there for 60 bahts.

Its cheaper to fly from Bangkok to anywhere, Utapao is a wate of time. Samui and Phuket.

At least in bangkok you can fly with air asia or one two go for absolute peanuts to anywhere in south east asia.

Rio

Hi,

If you are willing to travel at 7 o clock in the morning to Utapao then the cheapest way is 100 bahts.

This is not a fare but a tip.

Go to Mermaids dive shop either in central pattaya beach road or there shop in jomtien.

Ask nong, on the counter if she still works there. They have a couple of daily baht buses that leave at 7 to satthahip.

The bus goes past utapao airport on the way. If they have space the driver will drop you off.

Or you can try nakorn chai air bus on north road. You will probably get there for 60 bahts.

Interesting. And how about the return trip? I'm thinking to use this way to go to Queen Sirikit Hsp.

I usually pay 400 baht for a songtaew from central Pattaya to east Pattaya. If you could let me know which taxi charges only 600 baht to Utapau i would be gratefull.

'Cambodia Inter' on Soi Buakhao will arrange a private car for you to Utapau for 600.

i've noticed those proper sedan taxi's from the airport have been queueing outside

"the avenue" in a line waiting for passengers. probably the quickest way out of town

without paying inflated middleman prices. it is supposed to be cheaper on return trip.

Nope!! these are the Pattaya meter(NOT) taxis who charge at least (a bargain rate of 300bt to Pattaya(Jomtien extra) area,400+for over Sukky) but 1000bt-1500bt to swampy.