Where To Hire A Pro Cameraman And A Soundman?

Macx

Hi,

I'm trying to help a friend find a professional cameraman and a soundman in BK for a week-long project. She's doing a personal documentary and is funding it herself so she'll need it to be professional but affordable. She's a filmmaker by profession.

She has contacted a few of the expat outfits in BKK, but their rates of $1000US+ per day are way over her budget.

She doesn't speak Thai, so the crew needs to speak some English.

Suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Hi,

I'm trying to help a friend find a professional cameraman and a soundman in BK for a week-long project. She's doing a personal documentary and is funding it herself so she'll need it to be professional but affordable. She's a filmmaker by profession.

She has contacted a few of the expat outfits in BKK, but their rates of $1000US+ per day are way over her budget.

Cheers

Based up here in Chiang Mai but portable and utterly professional is a small Thai speaking British team.

It is headed by Alex Boyesen (just Google his name!) and, although they are going places fast, are still affordable and very user friendly. PM me WITH your own e-mail if you need more!

I have no connection other than remaining - a very impressed friend.

Good one, Zaza :o

Flatout, thank you. That's great. I found his site and will give him a call today. I'll PM you if I need additional details. My friend is a professional so they can work it out among themselves. I just need to get her the contact.

Thanks, again.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated also.

Cheers

Any pro cameraman/soundman (with CV) available for shoot from 26 Dec, please feel free to PM me. I'll forward your contacts to my friend. She can't afford a full-fledged production company, so just a few pro freelancers would be terrific. Thanks.

Hello

I'm also a filmmaker/producer in Bangkok and have had some experience with different types of crews here. Personally I think even a US1000 (THB33000) per day is a rather smaller budjet which limits the number of cameras, equipment and crew. Crane shots, steadycams, hire alone cost more than that. Although ofcourse it all depends on what the individual filmmaker has in mind to shoot.

I have hired some cameramen/sound crew in the past for myself, although frankly speaking, I have found all of them to be lacking in some way or the other, some are professional but not extremely skilled and vice-versa. Well my own better expertise lies in directing/editing, so I'm not sure if we can be of help, but will try to do what we can. This (Manik Sethisuwan at Youtube) is my private channel, mostly shot with tiny consumer cameras but certainly one can evaluate the directing/editing. Most of the other stuff are some commerials and some programs done for local thai television.

Regards!

Cheers!

:o

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

I may be a little late for this but you can try Phanumas Sriprasom, he is a professional freelance cameraman with 16 years experience (lead cameraman and D.O.P) for commercial advertising/video, TV dramas, documentaries etc. He has many contacts in the industry so finding support is not a problem. He speaks fluent English

website (more geared towards photography) is www.phanumasphotography.com

Good luck!

Hi,

Cheers