Kamnan Poh

tuky

I have never had any follow up news of this guy. I believe his son is a part of the ministry somehow. Did Kamnan Poh end up doing any prison time for allegedly ordering that hit in Chon Buri? My wife thinks he only had to pay a fine. It was big news in my area for a while then petered out...

Any updates?

I have never had any follow up news of this guy. I believe his son is a part of the ministry somehow. Did Kamnan Poh end up doing any prison time for allegedly ordering that hit in Chon Buri? My wife thinks he only had to pay a fine. It was big news in my area for a while then petered out...

Any updates?

"Time Asia" says he was sentenced to 25 years but was freed on $250,000 bail while he appealed the decision in the Supreme Court.

But the "Asia Times" says he "began his 25 year jail sentence".

If you Google for +"Somchai Khunpluem" +prison, there are quite a few links.

• 8 months later...

The key paragraph in the article is:

"The high-profile "godfather" has more to prove than his innocence. Observers believe Kamnan Poh has to prove he still has political power to influence local voters and to put his chosen candidates into parliament. If he does, this will probably secure another term as cabinet minister for his son Sonthaya, the sports and tourism minister who is the 12th-ranked party list candidate of Thai Rak Thai."

He only has to prove he can still deliver the votes in order for he and his family to continue get away with muder. I would be absolutely amazed if he, or anyone of his status and wealth, were to spend time in a prison in Thailand despite being one of the more despicable criminals in the Kingdom.

• 1 year later...
so whatever happened to him ?

Now that's what a call a genuine digger :D . Did you dream about him last night? :o

Strangely enough.....No!

I had been surfing on google and saw an old Asiaweek article which was talking about his conviction in the 90's, I did a search on his name to get an update and almost the first link was this old Thaivisa thread.

Is he in Jail? did he flee Thailand as part of Thaksin luggage? I was just wondering what had happened.

As far as I know he fled Thailand when he was convicted...

He certainly isn't around the area!

On the 19th, one of his sons got married in a huge wedding bash with over 5000 people attending, including ex-prime minister Mr. Banharn Silapa-Archa., but no sign of the father...

His family is obviously not destitute either, since the groom payed a dowry of 2,222,499 Baht, a diamond necklace, a diamond bracelet and 2 gold bars to the bride's family!

Source:

http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?F...;IdArticle=4880