Will Be Out Of The Country When Next 90 Day Reporting

rmicheald

I just went to immigration today for my 90 day reporting. I am a teacher in Pattaya and the school will have the month of March off. I plan to go back to the states for the month of March, leaving February 28 and returning March 31. My next 90 day reporting is scheduled for March 14. What do I need to do in order to keep my work permit valid. We start school again on April 1.

Also, do I need to get a multiple entry visa when I leave for the states?

Thanks in Advance for the Help...

Micheal

Leaving the country is considered to be reporting, so no worries there.

You need to get a re-entry permit before you leave for the states, either from Pattaya immigration (it costs 1,000 baht for a singe, 2,700 for multiple), or from the booth at the airport. If you do it at the airport, give yourself about an hour (and pray they are open, though I've never seen them closed). At Pattaya immigration it's quite quick. Oh, you need one photo too.

Edited by Jimmyd

You need to get a re-entry permit before you leave for the states, either from Pattaya immigration (it costs 1,000 baht for a singe, 2,700 for multiple), or from the booth at the airport. If you do it at the airport, give yourself about an hour (and pray they are open, though I've never seen them closed). At Pattaya immigration it's quite quick. Oh, you need one photo too.

i have never heard of this re entry permit, is it just about the US ?, i have been to cambodia and returned and just stamped in as normal with visa til 12 months expires,.

i have never heard of this re entry permit, is it just about the US ?, i have been to cambodia and returned and just stamped in as normal with visa til 12 months expires,.

Any one will lose their current permission to stay date when they leave the country. A Re Entry Permit keeps this alive.

If you stay in Thailand on 'just' a non-immigration 'B' visa and you're within the original expiry date (so without extentions) you can leave and come back as often as you wish if it's a multiple entry visa.

As soon as the visa is connected to a work permit (most likely with teachers), you're here on extentions and you need to apply for a re-entry permit.

If you don't have a re-entry permit, your visa will expire as soon as you leave the country and along with it your work permit.

Since you went to immigration lately in order to report your 90 days, I suppose that you are in Thailand on non-immigrant visa-extentions, so a re-entry permit is needed.

As said: the 90-day-cycle will start again as soon as you enter Thailand after your trip to the States. Tip: In order to avoid confusion, remove the TM47 slip from your passport as soon as you leave Thailand.

Edited by farangpattaya

No-one tells you that your visa expired! I did the same thing and then found out I was on a 30 day tourist visa when I returned. All the effort of getting a 1 year visa down the toilet...

Check, but I would be surprised if you still have a valid Non-O visa, unless you have the multiple reentry stamp.

Fortunately, my WP was still valid until the end of the original visa (according to Sunbelt)

But now I have to go through a complete process, no extensions and I probably broke my '3 years continous visas and WPs' to get PR (not that I plan to do that...)