Patong To Airport Shared Minibus?

jonaz

When I arrived in Phuket I got the shared Minibus from the airport for 150 Baht to Patong.

Does anyone know if there is a similar service to get from Patong back to the airport?

If not does anyone know a reasonably priced taxi firm?

Cheers.

Jon.

• 2 weeks later...
Where can I can this minibus from when I arrive at the airport. Is there a timetable.

Just go to the taxi/bus desk as you exit domestic arrivals. There is a regular mini bus service for about 200 baht ?? But you'll have to wait until the bus has a near full load, and then bus has to go round all the hotel, so could take as long as 2 hours to get to your destination. If 2 persons it almost the same as a meter taxi price.

Where can I can this minibus from when I arrive at the airport. Is there a timetable.

Thanks for your help.

Just so you know what you will encounter, I suggest you read this post before taking either the minibus or the "limo": http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Phuket-Transport-t147173.html

Don't worry about finding these guys - they'll find you. In addition to the "Limo/Minibus" counter, there are at least a dozen touts calling out to newly arrived passengers selling the same crappy service.

There's no timetable - they just fill a minibus and leave when they have enough passengers. But - the drivers seem to make sport of making people wait in the sun and heat, until THEY decide to let people get into the next minibus that's been sitting there empty with the A/C running.

LivinginKata and DrDave, thanks for the replies. I hate all this sort of hassle that thread mentions. If I dont want problems then it would be better to get the hotel to arrange a taxi pick-up I guess. If you could tell me what would be a reasoanble amount to pay nowadays I would appreciate it. I am not 'mean' for a few hundred baht for a taxi, its all the potential 'cons' and aggravation I try to avoid, both in Thailand and every destiantion I travel to!!

Thanks for your help

The cost of a "meter taxi" from the airport to Patong is 100 baht + the amount on the meter. Generally, the meter shows around 350 baht when arriving at our house in the southern end of Patong. So - the cost is around 450 baht. In addition, I usually give a good tip because these guys seem to drive safely and there are zero hassles. I tend to feel sorry for them because of the abuse they suffer from the limo/tuktuk mafia, and as a result they have to make the return trip to the airport empty.

For one person, the minibus is OK if you're on a budget, are wise to the travel agent scam, don't care how long it takes to get to your hotel and are willing to take your chances regarding the safety and sobriety of the driver. For more than one person - it's a no-brainer, take a meter taxi.

Unless you take the "join-in" minibus mentioned by LivinginKata, the return trip from Patong to the airport will generally cost 600 baht in a private car.

The cost of a "meter taxi" from the airport to Patong is 100 baht + the amount on the meter. Generally, the meter shows around 350 baht when arriving at our house in the southern end of Patong. So - the cost is around 450 baht. In addition, I usually give a good tip because these guys seem to drive safely and there are zero hassles. I tend to feel sorry for them because of the abuse they suffer from the limo/tuktuk mafia, and as a result they have to make the return trip to the airport empty.

For one person, the minibus is OK if you're on a budget, are wise to the travel agent scam, don't care how long it takes to get to your hotel and are willing to take your chances regarding the safety and sobriety of the driver. For more than one person - it's a no-brainer, take a meter taxi.

Unless you take the "join-in" minibus mentioned by LivinginKata, the return trip from Patong to the airport will generally cost 600 baht in a private car.

Thanks very much, thats a great help. I think at around 500 baht, I will get a taxi to save all the hassle. For me this is the worst part of the trip - its not the cost so much that concerns me - its the feeling of being 'conned'. I now know wthat to expect. Thanks again...

Just go to the taxi/bus desk as you exit domestic arrivals. There is a regular mini bus service for about 200 baht ?? But you'll have to wait until the bus has a near full load, and then bus has to go round all the hotel, so could take as long as 2 hours to get to your destination. If 2 persons it almost the same as a meter taxi price.

the regulat mini bus costs 150 baht from the airport to Patong .

The last time in september i needed to overpass the exit counter because of too many limo toots in front of it.

i found a small counter dealing with the bus tickets just out of the airport.

:o