Ince Is Sacked

spiderman2

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ers/7784967.stm

Blackburn have sacked manager Paul Ince after only three wins in 17 Premier League games left the club languishing second from bottom in the table.

Ince, 41, joined Rovers from MK Dons in June but Blackburn's last league win was at Newcastle on 27 September.

Chairman John Williams said: "Three wins in 17 games has seen a squad which finished seventh last season fall to 19th place.

"We are currently in danger of becoming detached from the pack."

The decision to sack Ince was taken after a Blackburn board meeting and Williams made it clear that the need to keep the club in the top flight was behind the move. Former boss Graeme Souness is an early front-runner to take over, possibly assisted by veteran Blackburn midfield man Tugay.

The former Bolton and Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce, who was considered in the summer before Ince got the job, and ex-Charlton and West Ham boss Alan Curbishley have also been linked.

Williams was publicly critical of Blackburn's display in what proved to be Ince's final game, the 3-0 defeat at Wigan on Saturday.

He added: "The survival of the club in the Premier League is paramount and our focus is on finding a replacement who will be able to maintain our top-division status.

"Paul will bounce back, he is a fighter and we wish him well." A statement released on the Blackburn website said: "The board, having selected Paul Ince back in June, were desperate for him to succeed and wanted to give him as much time as possible in the unforgiving environment of the Premier League, where time is such a precious commodity."

The Blackburn squad returned to training on Tuesday after their Christmas party in Dublin and they were put through their paces by assistant manager Ray Matthias while Ince met with the board.

Ince was appointed on 22 June on a three-year contract and, despite a promising start to the campaign, saw performances and results begin to deteriorate.

Rovers have lost their last six league games and there have been reports of dressing-room unrest.

Following the defeat at Wigan, Williams told the Lancashire Telegraph: "After all the signs coming out of Brockhall (Blackburn's training ground) this week, I was led to believe we would get a top performance.

"Without taking anything away from Wigan I have to say I was very disappointed with what I saw." "The worry is the league table is beginning to stretch out and now we need two wins just to get back among the pack at the bottom."

If Souness gets this job, i'll be delighted as thatll guarantee one of the relegation places.

Edited by spiderman2

lunacy. the premier league is become the 80s and 90s serie a. sack the board, they're the <deleted> who appointed him.

Granted they appointed him but the board are also the owners so its difficult to sack themselves.

He is in the process of getting them relegated you cant leave it too much longer to make this decision to give the incoming manager a fighting chance, at the start of the season there were rumours that he had lost the dressing room due to being an arrogant fcuker, maybe these rumours were true.

I hope they get Souness, Blackburn are a pointless club whose fans know nothing about football, they used to give Shearer sh7t despite him being the main reason their pointless club won the league. Maggie Thatcher used to be their Director, which is another reason for wanting them to go down.

Big Sam was dissappointed he never got the job first time round...maybe he will be offered it again.

Though he has every right to tell them to stuff it.

The vacancy at BB may well push Sunderland into offering him the job there very swiftly.

Gotta feel a bit sorry for Incey...too much too soon maybe?

I hope they get Souness, Blackburn are a pointless club whose fans know nothing about football, they used to give Shearer sh7t despite him being the main reason their pointless club won the league. Maggie Thatcher used to be their Director, which is another reason for wanting them to go down.

The upside of hiring Souness is we won't have to listen to him on the Champions League broadcasts anymore.

Rovers want new boss by Saturday

December 16, 2008

Comment

Email

Print

Blackburn chairman John Williams hopes to have Paul Ince's successor in place by Saturday, but confirmed Archie Knox, Ray Mathias and Karl Robinson have been put in temporary charge of team affairs.

Ince, in his first top-flight job, has been sacked as Rovers boss after 17 matches in charge and only six months into a three-year contract.

An emergency board meeting was held on Monday, and Ince was informed of his fate on Tuesday morning.

Williams said: "Appointing a new manager is our total focus.

"We acknowledge that timelines are tight for we are in a very worrying situation concerning our Premier League status.

"We will endeavour to have a new manager in place for Saturday's game with Stoke City at Ewood Park, but there are no guarantees and we must ensure that we get the right man.

"In the meantime, the day-to-day training will be carried out by Archie Knox, Ray Mathias and Karl Robinson. Our coaching staff and all of the players fully understand the importance of this weekend's game.

"Our supporters can rest assured that we will do everything in our power to get the team climbing the Premier League table as soon as possible."

Ince would have been better staying at MK Dons for another season or moving to a Championship club.

The step from League 2 to Premiership was too big at this stage of his career plus the fact Blackburn had been over achieving for the last few seasons under Mark Hughes.

But Souness the favourite to take over......he's no sort of alternative surely......better someone like Allardyce or Curbishley if they want to stay in the Premiership.

Here are the latest odds offered by one of the leading bookmakers :-

G Souness 2 - 1

S Allardyce 6 - 1

A Curbishley 7 - 1

R Mancini 9 - 1

A Shearer 10 - 1

A Grant 12 - 1

D Jones 12 - 1

Roy Keane 14 - 1

Tugay 16 - 1

G Houllier 16 - 1

M Jol 16 - 1

G Hoddle 18 - 1

I think you can safely offer 50 - 1 for Roy Keane, and I quite fancy a few bob on Big Sam, at the above odds.

Here are the latest odds offered by one of the leading bookmakers :-

G Souness 2 - 1

S Allardyce 6 - 1

A Curbishley 7 - 1

R Mancini 9 - 1

A Shearer 10 - 1

A Grant 12 - 1

D Jones 12 - 1

Roy Keane 14 - 1

Tugay 16 - 1

G Houllier 16 - 1

M Jol 16 - 1

G Hoddle 18 - 1

I think you can safely offer 50 - 1 for Roy Keane, and I quite fancy a few bob on Big Sam, at the above odds.

actually, looking at those odds again, i reckon souness has already got it. tugay being touted as his number two.

he was a bad appointment really, totally unproven. they'd have been better consolidating with a curbishley sort.

Blackburn need a manager with BOTTLE...Ince has never had it...just a big mouth.

I can't believe he wasn't kicked out sooner.

Souness & Tugay...the dream team?

Blackburn need a manager with BOTTLE...Ince has never had it...just a big mouth.

he should never have been appointed at all, nowhere near the requisite experience for that job. plus he wasn't even qualified to coach in the top flight and got special dispensation.

i assume that the board of directors at blackburn who appointed him so erroneously are currently writing their ashamed letters of resignation for making such a cock-up? nah, thought not.

I'm beginning to wish that Mark Hughes was still there :D

out of interest mrbojangles, who would your ideal city manager be at the moment?

To be honest Stevie, although maybe not what one would call "ideal", i think we should have stuck with Erikkson for longer.

But i'd also like to see what the "special one" could do :o

To be honest Stevie, although maybe not what one would call "ideal", i think we should have stuck with Erikkson for longer.

i'd have stuck with eriksson too man. he took lazio to the serie a title when he had money to spend there, so i think he'd have done similarly well at city.

if mourinho doesn't win the champions league this season he'll probably be available in the summer. . .

i'd have stuck with eriksson too man. he took lazio to the serie a title when he had money to spend there, so i think he'd have done similarly well at city.

if mourinho doesn't win the champions league this season he'll probably be available in the summer. . .

when the special one doesnt win......

givit to gordon brown,he'll need a job real soon,and i've heard he's got plenty of money to spend!

he's within five points of the tories, he might be in a job longer than you think. :o

besides, i'm pretty sure he'd turn city down as he wants the raith rovers job.

he was a bad appointment really, totally unproven. they'd have been better consolidating with a curbishley sort.

Someone who was totally out of his depth.As soon as he was appointed,I fancied that they would be candidates for relegation.You can get away with shouting and f***king people off in the lower leagues but that won't get you anywhere with the Premiership prima donnas.You've got to be a Sir to do that :o

Eriksson is one of the greatest charlatans in football and the world, he is a crap manager who knows little or nothing about football, and that goes for that midget sidekick of his.

As for his time at Lazio he spent money the club didnt have to win the league and almost bankrupted the club, then he nicked the owners misses, that Nancy whatevershe'scalled... the ladyboy lookalike thing.

The nicest thing i could wish him after he sat on his talentless ass for 18months after leaving England whilst we paid him 5 million quid a year is an early death.

Back on topic, Allardyce was coincidentally at the Blackburn game at the weekend, 2 + 2 = he was stitching Ince up behind his back, but his dreadful style of anti-football may give them a fighting chance of staying up.

An expensive appointment, considering they could have got Sam in the summer, without having to pay off Ince's contract.

Ince may be a good manager, but it was a step to far for him at the present time. He would have been better off staying at MK Dons and learning his trade for another year or so, than go straight up to the EPL after only one good season.