Technical Difficultywith My Usb Mouse. Any Help?

Dancali

Occasionally the mouse will go haywire. It will just start to automatically scroll the screen up non-stop. I don't think this is a problem with the mouse hardware as when this happens and I switch to a different mouse in either usb slot the same thing happens. It goes back to normal if I restart.

Any help?

dancali - It would help to know the make and model of your mouse.

What does the cursor look like, when the auto-scrolling occurs?

(Some mice (or is it mouse's) have this feature built-in. When activated, you will see a circle on the right "slider" which has a two-headed up/down arrow displayed. When the mouse is moved, the scroll follows.)

Oh yes.....per-chance did you read the "mickey-mouse" manual? :o

cheers :D

That's true, avoid brightly-colored mousepads that contrast (neon green vs orange for example). Newspapers and anything with text is also a hazard to your optical mouse.

You have two options -

Try a white piece of paper (I have been using one as a mousepad for a while, it's economicall, error-free, and 100% recycleable - works like a charm!)

Or you can upgrade to the Logitech laser mouse - pin-point accuracy, none of that red-goo-goo thing and no moving radically around the screen. All - surface compatible (except wet surfaces).

That's true, avoid brightly-colored mousepads that contrast (neon green vs orange for example).  Newspapers and anything with text is also a hazard to your optical mouse.

You have two options -

Try a white piece of paper (I have been using one as a mousepad for a while, it's economicall, error-free, and 100% recycleable - works like a charm!)

Or you can upgrade to the Logitech laser mouse - pin-point accuracy, none of that red-goo-goo thing and no moving radically around the screen.  All - surface compatible (except wet surfaces).

Is it an optical or 'ball' mouse? Optical mice go haywire on a shiny or reflective surface, as said above.

• 2 weeks later...