Need To Get Some Jewelry

rmicheald

Possibly try the two big jewellery stores on North Pattaya Road on the City Hall side. Certainly a large selection, as for reasonable prices, you'd have to go look first. You can just walk in during the daytime.

I too am looking for some jewellery, would be interesting to hear how you get on, as well as hearing from others.

World Gems Collection 98 North Pattaya Road is the place to go. I just bought some jewelry there myself a few days ago.

They give you a certificate and lifetime guarantee that you can replace your item with a new item of the same value anytime you like (or upgrade to a higher priced item). They have a large collection of loose gemstones.

If you talk to the right person you may be able to get a 5 - 10 % discount. Unfortunately this didn't help me much because I only found out after I bought it.

The mark up on gems and jewellery is tremendous. In such places as World Gems I wouldn't purchase unless I had at least 30-40% discount. In some of the smaller shops around town you can get up to 50% of marked price!!

To be honest I have never been to World Gems but many similar establishments and find the above to be true. Do you realise how much commission their sales guys are on and also any tourist guides etc that take people there. They wouldn't do it for 5-10%.....

The mark up on gems and jewellery is tremendous. In such places as World Gems I wouldn't purchase unless I had at least 30-40% discount. In some of the smaller shops around town you can get up to 50% of marked price!!

To be honest I have never been to World Gems but many similar establishments and find the above to be true. Do you realise how much commission their sales guys are on and also any tourist guides etc that take people there. They wouldn't do it for 5-10%.....

It doesn't matter where you buy jewelry, you're going to pay handsomely. The lifetime exchange guarantee seals the deal for me.

You cannot even start to guess "real" value of gems and you're never going to be able to compare 2 pieces of exactly the same jewelry from different stores because they all they all carry their own unique pieces. World Gems manufactures jewelry on site.

Perhaps you should visit there before making comments.

It doesn't matter where you buy jewelry, you're going to pay handsomely. The lifetime exchange guarantee seals the deal for me.

You cannot even start to guess "real" value of gems and you're never going to be able to compare 2 pieces of exactly the same jewelry from different stores because they all they all carry their own unique pieces. World Gems manufactures jewelry on site.

Perhaps you should visit there before making comments.

Perhaps you are correct. I still would try and negotiate much harder and I never buy any gems without proper documentation regarding cut and clarity. Anytime I have bought jewellery it has been for gift purposes and I would hope that they would have enough sentimental value to never require a return policy. I would also hope that I had purchased at a price that would make them an investment for the recipient. No reason then to take a like for like return policy. I would hope they could sell in the open market and make a few Baht's.