The Last Time I Was In Pattaya

dave9988

First off, I won't say it's a shit-hole. That's even getting boring for me.

As for the topic, I would buy one of everything the first chance I got, and then display them on a blanket for all to see. That wouldn't necessarily stop them, but it would certainly limit the interruptions. For those that persist, you just look at them like, what the fuc_k i need another one for. I really don't even want this one.

You think it's bad here, try Jamaica. You sit on a public beach, and a couple vendors selling suntan lotion approach you and sit. Like crows, within ten minutes, there's forty Jamaicans surrounding you. It can get a little scary, if you buy or not.

Years and years ago, Fred Este, a long-time resident decided enough was enough and had a local screen print shop come up with a t-shirt that said (in Thai) "<deleted> off! If I want to buy something, I will ask!" The vendors complained to the MIB and Fred was 'arrested' until he took the shirt off.

If persistent beach vendors and tailor shop touts are all you have to worry about about in Pattaya life, you must be sitting pretty good IMHO.

haha.

That reminds me of a friend of mine who lived in Cartagena Colombia. The touts there are three times as bad (at least) as the Pattaya vendors. He had a hat made that said Quiero Nada! (I don't want anything!) It didn't slow them down, but at least it got a laugh.

Edited by gregfl