Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Found another windscreen for the 09 bike. Why can't someone come up with a windscreen that isn't hideous?

windscreen.jpger6nnosescreenblk.jpg

They have a clear one and a smoke version too. Available here. It kind of reminds me of the head of the "Aliens" monster. Not for me I think.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Found another windscreen for the 09 bike. Why can't someone come up with a windscreen that isn't hideous?

They have a clear one and a smoke version too. Available here. It kind of reminds me of the head of the "Aliens" monster. Not for me I think.

Bummer- you'd think that by now someone would have designed a good looking screen for this bike...

Got my white number plate from Mityon Pattaya Kawasaki dealer the other day. It's strange in all of my dealings with them they have been so close to giving really good service but just fall short at the final hurdle. With my number plate I was impressed how they organised it I took my bike to the shop they took my bike to chonburi I think on a pickup truck to get the number plate same day. In the meantime they gave me one of those ninja 250's for the day and it actually had petrol in it.

They called me at about 5 o'clock that the bike was ready so back to the shop I went, all good so far. When I got there though it all seemed a bit strange . I signed for the number plate and rego ticket thing but they hadn't put them on my bike, it seemed they were just handing them to me. When I said comeon you surely have to bolt the number plate on for me the girl got a bit flustered and seemed to be saying that some people didn't want they're number plates bolted on. Anyway they bolted that on for me. As for the rego ticket I said put it in one of those plastic holders and bolt it on the bike. They said they didn't know I wanted the rego thing to go on my bike, they reckoned some people carry it in their wallet to show the police. They said I could buy one of the plastic holders at the motorbike shop accross the road. Again I said surely you don't expect me to ride my motorbike over to a honda dealer to buy a plastic tax ticket holder and get them to bolt it on my bike. So I paid 10 baht and they sent one of the mechanics over to get it for me and they eventually bolted it on my bike. It seemed I was creating a big fuss by wanting these things actually installed on my bike. There was an older thai bloke hanging around who I think might be the owner of the shop he was wearing that look on his face that thais wear when dealing with difficult falangs.

Anyway it all got done in the end but I still ended up leaving feeling a bit confused that somehow I had ended up the bad guy in this by demanding they install my number plate for me.

Got my white number plate from Mityon Pattaya Kawasaki dealer the other day. It's strange in all of my dealings with them they have been so close to giving really good service but just fall short at the final hurdle. With my number plate I was impressed how they organised it I took my bike to the shop they took my bike to chonburi I think on a pickup truck to get the number plate same day. In the meantime they gave me one of those ninja 250's for the day and it actually had petrol in it.

They called me at about 5 o'clock that the bike was ready so back to the shop I went, all good so far. When I got there though it all seemed a bit strange . I signed for the number plate and rego ticket thing but they hadn't put them on my bike, it seemed they were just handing them to me. When I said comeon you surely have to bolt the number plate on for me the girl got a bit flustered and seemed to be saying that some people didn't want they're number plates bolted on. Anyway they bolted that on for me. As for the rego ticket I said put it in one of those plastic holders and bolt it on the bike. They said they didn't know I wanted the rego thing to go on my bike, they reckoned some people carry it in their wallet to show the police. They said I could buy one of the plastic holders at the motorbike shop accross the road. Again I said surely you don't expect me to ride my motorbike over to a honda dealer to buy a plastic tax ticket holder and get them to bolt it on my bike. So I paid 10 baht and they sent one of the mechanics over to get it for me and they eventually bolted it on my bike. It seemed I was creating a big fuss by wanting these things actually installed on my bike. There was an older thai bloke hanging around who I think might be the owner of the shop he was wearing that look on his face that thais wear when dealing with difficult falangs.

Anyway it all got done in the end but I still ended up leaving feeling a bit confused that somehow I had ended up the bad guy in this by demanding they install my number plate for me.

That's pretty weird... I've met the Kawasaki Pattaya Mityon showroom manager a couple of times (but can't remember his name...) He's always been very friendly even though I've never bought anything from that shop. I have noticed that they REALLY mark up their accessories in that shop and I thought I read earlier in this thread that they charge more than Bangkok for registration...

Pretty weird how they handled your plate and insurance tag.

At Kawasaki Rama 9 they were really surprised that I didn't want them to mount either the plate of the tax sticker. I told them I'd take care of it myself. They've known me long enough now that they're kind of used to my Farang eccentricities :o

Happy Trails!

Tony

^ You blokes are confusing these poor simpletons. :D

Lets face it, if one 'farang' doesnt want his plate bolted on, that means the other 6 billion pharking farangs don't want their plates bolted on :D:D - only in Thailand :o

Haha! That's right on the money.

^ You blokes are confusing these poor simpletons. :D

Lets face it, if one 'farang' doesnt want his plate bolted on, that means the other 6 billion pharking farangs don't want their plates bolted on :D:D - only in Thailand :o

Haha! That's right on the money.

Its like on the rare occassion that I do actually go to a tourist area & go for breakfast somewhere & the waiter rushes over to hand me the tomato sauce & tell me about the 'American Breakfast' & I announce, I don't want the American Breakfast & I don't like the American Breakfast & really don't like tomato sauce :D .....I always get that look of 'huh' :wai:

Bummer- you'd think that by now someone would have designed a good looking screen for this bike...

The front of this bike has such a distinctive design, and I think the problem is that no one is putting any effort into designing something that fits with the look. Everything that has come out has looked disconnected and not fitting with the overall theme of the headlight.

The only people that put in any effort were the Givi designers, unfortunately their screen looks like a Halloween mask.

2009er6ngiviscreen.jpg2009er6ngiviscreen.jpg

Tony,

I am using what I believe are the main importers - Comforta - The set up is the one you posted earlier in the thread. Givi makes boxes but there are 2 types. One factory in Mayasia makes the boxes like you had. they normall have a weight limit of 3kg and do not have any import tax The others like Trent's box is made over seas (italy) and has a 10Kg weight limit and is subject to a heavier tax hence the price jump.

As the 2009 model is different from the 2008 one, Givi is requiring a remake of the frame - hence the wait - as soon as he has some it I will let you know.

The sliders sound great.

Cheers Kev

Hey Tony

the sliders are great - but how strong are they - do you know if they will stand up to a knock or if they will break off?

I was at the GIVI dealer the other day and they have ordered 30 sets of frames for the side mount and back box mounts for the ER6-N (same set up as for Trent and Bards Bike) - however they will take a month or so to get here.

I tried to get some from Oz but was quoted a 12 - 16 week wait.

Cheers Kev

Hiya Kev,

Which GIVI dealer is getting the racks? I posted pics of the GIVI racks earlier in this thread but at the time there were not available for order. There are a few Givi dealers in Bangkok though last I checked none actually appear on the Givi website...

The sliders and spools I'm getting are high grade CNC machined Aircraft (T6) Aluminum covered in Delrin which is is pretty much the best material one can use as it combines high impact strength, anti friction wear, and is non shattering. I'll have to double check but I think the Bar Ends are Steel.

Having said that, sliders can certainly be broken off if you crash hard enough. When a friend had his recent low speed slide the slider on the right side of his FZ6 actually bent back and cracked his frame... But it also saved his foot!

Personally I consider sliders useful if someone drops the bike at low speed or it gets knocked over in a parking lot. I don't think there are any 100% solutions for high speed crashes or collisions.

Cheers!

Tony

You think that at least they would dipsay it on a black model - it might look a bit better - it looks really out of place on the white bike

The front of this bike has such a distinctive design, and I think the problem is that no one is putting any effort into designing something that fits with the look. Everything that has come out has looked disconnected and not fitting with the overall theme of the headlight.

The only people that put in any effort were the Givi designers, unfortunately their screen looks like a Halloween mask.

2009er6ngiviscreen.jpg2009er6ngiviscreen.jpg

I think the screen gives it more of a HR Giger mother alien look..

J66XBFPJ.jpg

If any one is interetested i finally maneged t get a manual in English from Rama 9. :o

the part number is 99976-1426

It is a fat one as it is mutilingual - English / French and German.

Had a couple of interesting bits in it - worth getting

Cheers kev

How many Bahts is that?

If any one is interetested i finally maneged t get a manual in English from Rama 9. :o

the part number is 99976-1426

It is a fat one as it is mutilingual - English / French and German.

Had a couple of interesting bits in it - worth getting

Cheers kev

How many Bahts is that?

Dropped by at Rama 9 this week and believe it or not I got the manual for FREE!

The great service just kept on coming & I also got a refund, 245 Bath from the registration procedure :D

More so they were eager to give me a plastic holder for tax paper, and bolt it up together with the number plate.

So it's sad to hear that the service level outside the capital seems to be so poor in comparison..

12Gon

Another thing that might be worth knowing, that they told me when I was over at the Kwaker shop, is that if your replace the muffler with an after part muffler the warranty on the engine will not be valid!!

Cheers

/12Gon

That would make perfect sense to me as its not OEM parts. One thing that the Japs are good at is design and frankly i dont understand why people change the original spec.

Its like Thai's and some farang alike will pay 1.4 million for a new Fortuna and drive straight to accessory shop to get loads of cheap tacky plastic chrome stuck on it, IMO its fine as it was designed to be.

I can understand installing a wind deflector but changing exhausts and lisence plate brackets is just beyond me. I guess folk are installing these fugly after market exhausts and not even re-mapping the Fuel inj module. Personally i think the OEM exhaust sounds fine and looks ok also. The warranty on your moboile phone is also void when its been tampered with for the same reason....

Racing mod for the ER-6n - thought you guys might enjoy this :o.

All images from here: http://hoely.de/kawasaki/docs/er6_1_08.html

The mod has 98 HP and weighs 184kg, rumored price is 10,000 EUR.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

- geänderte Frontmaske

- Rizoma Spiegel

- Sonderlackierung und Design von lucasdesign.de

- ABM Heckumbau

- Acrapovic Auspuffanlage

- ZX6R Upside Down Gabel

- Wilbers Federbein

- Emil Schwarz Präzisionslager in Schwinge und Lenkkopf

- ZX10R Radialbremszangen vorn

- ABM Wave Bremsscheiben

- ABM Bremszange hinten

- Spiegler Armaturen

- Rizoma Fussrastenanlage

- Top-Saddlery Sitzbank

- Koso Tripmaster

- ABM Stahlflexleitungen

- ABM Lenker

- Picco Blinker

- IDM Tankdeckel

- steife Briese Tuning auf 184 kg mit 98 PS

- Fahrbericht "Ü90" in der "Motorrad" Ausgabe 18 vom 14.08.08

Edited by nikster

Suzuki have bought out a new model called Gladius, which is a 650cc aimed squarely at Er6N. Thing is the local Suzi dealer hasn't got a demo bike so I can't say what it's like on the road. Anyone else had a demo ride???

post-63954-1238290579_thumb.jpg

Suzuki have bought out a new model called Gladius, which is a 650cc aimed squarely at Er6N. Thing is the local Suzi dealer hasn't got a demo bike so I can't say what it's like on the road. Anyone else had a demo ride???

SHOCKING!

That is seriously Suzuki Ugly ! No offence man

SHOCKING!

That is seriously Suzuki Ugly ! No offence man

Maybe i should take back what i said about Japanese designers :o

What were they thinking of using chrome mirrors !!!! Yuk

That would make perfect sense to me as its not OEM parts. One thing that the Japs are good at is design and frankly i dont understand why people change the original spec.

Its like Thai's and some farang alike will pay 1.4 million for a new Fortuna and drive straight to accessory shop to get loads of cheap tacky plastic chrome stuck on it, IMO its fine as it was designed to be.

I can understand installing a wind deflector but changing exhausts and lisence plate brackets is just beyond me. I guess folk are installing these fugly after market exhausts and not even re-mapping the Fuel inj module. Personally i think the OEM exhaust sounds fine and looks ok also. The warranty on your moboile phone is also void when its been tampered with for the same reason....

I'm guessing you know very little about motorcycles.

Stock exhausts on new motorcycles are very heavy and very restricted in order for the motorcycles to meet the strict emission rules. Changing to aftermarket cuts significant weight and increases power.

As far as the warranty- no big deal- in the unlikely event something breaks you just return the bike to stock form and bring it in.

And if you need to fix the bike out of warranty, well, a new engine for the ER6n is cheap as chips, so no worries.

In your world I guess everyone should drive cookie cutter identical vehicles... Boring! Customizing and modifying your ride is half the fun!

Happy Trails!

Tony

The tail tidy is purely a visual thing.. And is it a legal requirement to have the tail extend past the rear wheel ?? Leads to a horrible overhang and its looks so much better without it.

But the exhaust is interesting.. Hadnt really thought about remapping as assumed the front and rear sensors would compensate for it to remain clean burning ??

Hi All!

Picked up the new kit for the ER6n yesterday and took some new pics for ya!

Here are the main engine sliders:

ER6nEngnSldrs2.jpg

Very easy to install- took me about 30 minutes and they seem very solid and look great! Right side:

ER6nEngnSldrRt1.jpg

Left side:

ER6nEngnSldrLft4.jpg

Here are the Bar End Sliders:

ER6nBarEndSldr.jpg

They're cool because they shorten your handlebars by about 1cm on each side which is quite handy for negotiating traffic.

ER6nBarEndStkNw1.jpg

And if you do make contact the delrin sliders probably won't scratch like the stock metal bar ends might.

The Swing Arm Sliders / Paddock Stand Spools are simple and neat:

ER6nSwngArmSpls.jpg

ER6nSwngArmSpls1.jpg

Installed:

ER6nSwngArmSpls2.jpg

Finally- here are the Rear Frame Sliders that bolt on over the grab bars:

ER6nRrFrmSldrs.jpg

ER6nRrFrmSldrs1.jpg

Installed:

ER6nRrFrmSldrs2.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

Do a more pulled back shot on the engine sliders when you have time.. Hard to get an impression of where they sit on the full machine..

I have some delrin engine and swingarm ones in the mail.. Still not found a front fork solution tho..

Racing mod for the ER-6n - thought you guys might enjoy this :D .

The mod has 98 HP and weighs 184kg, rumored price is 10,000 EUR.

1.jpg

3.jpg

Oooh! That's SEXY! Hardly a thing they've not touched.

Here's a list of some of the mods: gas-flowed head with an increased compression ratio of 13.8:1, balanced pistons, rods and crank, high-lift cams, advanced ignition, a modified airbox and a full Akrapovic system and to cope with the increase in power around 23bhp extra, its fitted with a R6 radiator.

Chassis components have been borrowed from Kawasaki’s top supersport models so the bike features ZX-6R’s USD suspensions and ZX-10R’s radial brakes. .

SWEET! :o

But the exhaust is interesting.. Hadnt really thought about remapping as assumed the front and rear sensors would compensate for it to remain clean burning ??

You are correct LivinLOS- no remapping needed.

Ok now i know who knows very little about bikes......

Correct its not essential to re-map but why spend big money on an after market exhaust and not have the engine set to optimum valve time openings to compensate for quick exhaust dispersion. The only reason you say it doesn't need re-mapping is because you dont have the software to do it otherwise you would...............come on admit it you would wouldn't you, as you seem to know everything about bikes....

When i took off and opened up the exhaust on my MV Agusta F4 i realised that some of the restriction could be taken out thus producing better exhaust flow. Did the lambda sensor take care of it, your kidding , it ran like a bag of <deleted>, once re-mapped by the experienced guys from Malaysia the bike ran like a dream.

Oh btw if you like modifying bikes so much then why not do a project bike like LiL and totally personalise it to your hearts content without overkill to a perfectly attractive OEM bike.

If you need any advice on engine management systems, fuel injection, re-mapping on bikes don't hesitate to ask unless you really do think i know very little about bikes.....who knows you might learn something :o

You are correct LivinLOS- no remapping needed.

Correct its not essential to re-map but why spend big money on an after market exhaust and not have the engine set to optimum valve time openings to compensate for quick exhaust dispersion. The only reason you say it doesn't need re-mapping is because you dont have the software to do it otherwise you would...............come on admit it you would wouldn't you, as you seem to know everything about bikes....

A fuel injected engine will run just fine without re-mapping. Re-mapping can certainly increase performance, boost horsepower, and improve throttle response whether the exhaust is modified or not. Re-mapping, by the way, has nothing to do with valve timing. Rather it modifies the fuel injection control of the ECU. The most common and popular Fuel Injection Control Module for motorcycles is called a PowerCommander, made my DynoJet. It's on my shopping list but I'm going to have one brought over by a friend rather than pay the ridiculous prices they are asking over at DirtShop. Happy Trails! Tony