Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello, have one of you fellows got a dyno chart for the er6n standard which you could post for 12gon in his thread regarding engine break in????

I couldnt find one.....I was trying to work out where peak engine power comes in @ which engine revs?

THANKYOU

Hello, have one of you fellows got a dyno chart for the er6n standard which you could post for 12gon in his thread regarding engine break in????

I couldnt find one.....I was trying to work out where peak engine power comes in @ which engine revs?

THANKYOU

So happy to be of service :D

ER6nAkrapovicDyno.jpg

Please note that this dyno chart is for the old ER-6, but it's the same engine, just tuned differently in the 2009, so should be pretty close.

C'mon- ask me a tough question! BringItOn.gif:D:D:o

Okay, harder question, can you explain to me in less than 100 words the inner workings of the Doppler Radar? No cheating now & if you answer isnt received in the next 9 minutes & 47 seconds then you have failed ohhh old knowlegable one :D

Oy no fair with the time limit! I was gettin' a massage :D

A doppler radar is a radar using the doppler effect of the returned echoes from targets to measure their radial velocity. To be more specific the microwave signal sent by the radar antenna's directional beam is reflected toward the radar and compared in frequency, up or down from the original signal, allowing for the direct and highly accurate measurement of target velocity component in the direction of the beam.

Effective use of the internet can really make a person look much more clever than they really are, dontcha think? :D:D:o

Okay, harder question, can you explain to me in less than 100 words the inner workings of the Doppler Radar? No cheating now & if you answer isnt received in the next 9 minutes & 47 seconds then you have failed ohhh old knowlegable one :D

Oy no fair with the time limit! I was gettin' a massage :D

A doppler radar is a radar using the doppler effect of the returned echoes from targets to measure their radial velocity. To be more specific the microwave signal sent by the radar antenna's directional beam is reflected toward the radar and compared in frequency, up or down from the original signal, allowing for the direct and highly accurate measurement of target velocity component in the direction of the beam.

Effective use of the internet can really make a person look much more clever than they really are, dontcha think? :D:wai::D

Yes, which means you failed because one of my first instructions was no cheating....fair enuf re the time frame. I should of asked a question where the answer/albiet the short answer NOT available on the internet....I wonder if theres such a thang? :o

Doppler shift being what makes police sirens get higher in pitch as they approach and lower as they pass.. Hence how to determine velocity.

<deleted>, not what I was talking about, but I can see you have been to the google screen too. :o

Edited by neverdie

Doppler shift being what makes police sirens get higher in pitch as they approach and lower as they pass.. Hence how to determine velocity.

<deleted>, not what I was talking about, but I can see you have been to the google screen too. :o

Nope no google.. Just wasnt stoned that day in physics and have a fine ear for approaching cop car sirens :D

And its the doppler shift that allows the velocity measurement.

Nope no google.. Just wasnt stoned that day in physics and have a fine ear for approaching cop car sirens :D

Well I was asking about the doppler shift in regards to RADAR. Good for you tho! I want to ask tony numerous questions to get his dangerous mind into top gear....hes certainly one very sharp tool :D

Well I was asking about the doppler shift in regards to RADAR. Good for you tho! I want to ask tony numerous questions to get his dangerous mind into top gear....hes certainly one very sharp tool :D

And IN RADAR the frequency shift is how you measure velocity changes...

If your gonna ask the question you ought to understand it :D !!

And IN RADAR the frequency shift is how you measure velocity changes...

If your gonna ask the question you ought to understand it :D !!

Trust me on this one, I definately understand how it works, I know it inside out and back to front. I could write 100's of pages of information on it, but you may notice that I was only trying to stir tony and keep him to a limit of 100 words....you don't seriously think I would ask him about something I didnt know about, did you?

you don't seriously think I would ask him about something I didnt know about, did you?

Doesnt that seriously limit your conversation then :D

Yes it does, I only know about tripping up kerbs, microwave energy & rap dancing but it seems to get me along quite nicely in here. Others would also suggest I know something about being completely MAD.....THATS CAPITAL M.A.D., but I dont know what they are talking about :o:D:D

Hello Everybody !

the last time I read about the price of the ER6n, it was about 280.000 and I was very interested...

I wanted to go to BKK and see it (I live in Sattahip, Chonburi), but I checked on the web first and I learned that it was available in Mityon Pattaya.

I went there this afternoon and I liked the bike, all the more so when I saw the price : 225.000 (+ 3.500 for the green book).

Until now, I have had a few SUPERFOUR (the last one is a VTEC-II, 2004 model) and I have been quite happy with them although the power is moderate.

So, I am going to buy this Kawasaki (35 years ago, I had a wonderful 900 Z1...) but I must go back to Europe next month, so that I will wait until I come back, although I am quite impatient to have it.

On monday, I will go for a test ride.

Bye

post-77516-1235136616_thumb.jpg

Hello Neverdie and all bikers !

Yes, I know that the ER6f will come in a few months and I will probably prefer it.

The ER6n test ride will allow me to have an idea of the engine overall performance.

Although I generally ride about 110 km/h on long distance trips, I like to have more power and torque than

common 400cc. bikes > 20 hp more will be fine and quite good for Thailand roads.

Will keep you informed about the test.

The show room manager of Mytion Pattaya told me that the ER6n is available in 2 colours : orange and black.

The ER6f will offer the Kawasaki green Green.

Bye !

Claude

I went there this afternoon and I liked the bike, all the more so when I saw the price : 225.000 (+ 3.500 for the green book).

Interesting that Kawasaki Mityon is charging 3,500 Baht for registration. If I remember right I paid less than 1000 Baht to get mine registered at the Rama 9 showroom. Is Mityon padding their margin or did the cost of registration go up? What did everyone else pay?

Happy Trails!

Tony

I wonder if this could be done on an ER6n?????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSYaL_VVyH0...feature=related

Maybe Tony could try it out?

Might try it on mine when I get it.

Let the good times roll.

Norman W

Cheers Norman,

I'm leaning towards and Akrapovic or Two Bros pipe for my ER6n. A MotoGP style pipe like the one in the video would be incredibly loud I think... When are you picking up your new bike?

Happy Trails!

Tony

I wonder if this could be done on an ER6n?????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSYaL_VVyH0...feature=related

Maybe Tony could try it out?

Might try it on mine when I get it.

Let the good times roll.

Norman W

Cheers Norman,

I'm leaning towards and Akrapovic or Two Bros pipe for my ER6n. A MotoGP style pipe like the one in the video would be incredibly loud I think... When are you picking up your new bike?

Happy Trails!

Tony

As soon as I finish my university in 2 months time, can't wait. I can also use it to go to work everyday Pattaya to Rayong and back.

Much nicer than my Toyota Vios although not in the rainy season hehe.

Let the good times roll.

Norman

Interesting that Kawasaki Mityon is charging 3,500 Baht for registration. If I remember right I paid less than 1000 Baht to get mine registered at the Rama 9 showroom. Is Mityon padding their margin or did the cost of registration go up? What did everyone else pay?

Happy Trails!

Tony

I dropped by Miltyons in Pattaya today to check out the ER-6N. This is what I got soince I don't speak Thai.

The 225k baht price includes tax.

Registration including all the paperwork and number plates was 3,300 baht. I asked salesman why so much and he told me that Pattaya has different registration rates than BKK.

First class insurance is 8420 baht.

They had 2 ER-6N's at the dealership. One floor model and one being prepared for delivery to customer. (Both black) The only 2 colors available in Thailand Black or Orange. They require a 10k deposit to order a bike and can deliver on or before the 10th of March.

I asked about getting an operators manual in English rather than Thai. Salesman said he had some on order (think there was a flake of HS in his answer)

Very nice bike for the money. The only thing I didn't like about it was the funky instrument cluster. The 08 cluster was much better IMHO.

The bike is a bit taller than I expected after having read all the propaganda about it being developed for leggless people, and midget women, seat seems relatively comfortable and my little crotch rocket that rides pillion liked the seat much better than on my Honda Phantom.

I liked it well enough to go back and place my order tomorrow. Hopefully I can squeeze a test ride out of them before I plunk down a deposit, but doubt it, as I didn't see any extra bikes sitting around.

JJ

Ummmm strange how the 1st class insurance is cheaper on the Er6 than the ninja 250.......... it was 13,000 on the 250. strange

Dunno about that, I paid about the same to insure my Kwakker Kollektion, around 8,500 baht for the Ninja and the ER6N.

Suppose I'll have to start saving up to buy the ER6F in August...... :o:D :D

just double checked the paperwork i got from Rama9. defo 13,000baht for 1st class insurance (but that was if ya got the bike on finance) I remember that Chaing Mai quoted about 7,000ish for 2nd class.

12drink where did ya get your bike.

Allan

just double checked the paperwork i got from Rama9. defo 13,000baht for 1st class insurance (but that was if ya got the bike on finance) I remember that Chaing Mai quoted about 7,000ish for 2nd class.

Allan

That's weird Allan,

I purchased 1st class insurance for both my Ninja 250R and ER-6n at the Kawasaki showroom for about 7000 Baht each. Are you quite sure they quoted you 13,000Baht?

Seems Kawasaki changed insurance companies because my Ninja was insured by Siam City Insurance and the ER-6n is covered by Lofton/Falcon...

ThaiVisa also offers motorcycle insurance- not sure what the rates are but I think you can ask them for a quote...

Happy Trails!

Tony

Allan

That's weird Allan,

I purchased 1st class insurance for both my Ninja 250R and ER-6n at the Kawasaki showroom for about 7000 Baht each. Are you quite sure they quoted you 13,000Baht?

Seems Kawasaki changed insurance companies because my Ninja was insured by Siam City Insurance and the ER-6n is covered by Lofton/Falcon...

ThaiVisa also offers motorcycle insurance- not sure what the rates are but I think you can ask them for a quote...

Happy Trails!

Tony

Anyone going to the Bangkok Auto Show in March to see the ER-6F? I am curious to know what the price difference will be, so I am seriously thinking about going to take a look and pick their brain a little. Has anyone else heard more news on release or cost?

Ride On,

Rick