How To Get The Wife Set Up Selling Lottery Tickets

syd barrett

I am getting sick of seeing the Mrs. sat around watching hopeless Thai soaps on TV all day long, so I had a brainwave: Get her set up in a lottery-ticket-selling business around Pattaya and Jomtien.

The walking would add to her physical fitness and the small daily profits must be enough to cover her food and footwear.

I would set her up with the obligatory plain clothing (second hand on Soi Bukhaw Market) and the compulsory pastel sun-hat.

I have an O level in woodwork, so I could construct a customised wooden carry-case, with hinges and clasp (I might just go a little extra and add waterproof rubber-edged insulation for unexpected downpours.)

On the outside of the wooden carry case I could etch various good-luck Issan symbols, and maybe add some kind of mystical bell, so people would be alerted as she walks past selling tickets.

The work is not that tough, she can walk at a slow pace and take a seat outside of a Thai Bank a couple of times a day, and perhaps I might secretly fit a SIM card in the carry-case to track her movements across Pattaya and Jomtien (Just to be on the safe side).

So: Where can I sign her up in Pattaya: My plan is ready?

I understand that the tickets are sold wholesale in Bangkok at 80 baht each for a cover price of 100 Baht per ticket. Each middle-man along the way adds 5/10 Baht so you can see why some 100 Baht tickets cost 110 Baht - 200 Baht for 'special" numbers, or more when sold in groups.

Her shoes, rest breaks and your woodworking costs are small compared to the cost of your basic product. See how cheaply you can buy tickets for first. Also consider the impact of moving in on someone else's selling patch.

Next how about speed boat tours of Pattaya Bay?

I understand that the tickets are sold wholesale in Bangkok at 80 baht each for a cover price of 100 Baht per ticket. Each middle-man along the way adds 5/10 Baht so you can see why some 100 Baht tickets cost 110 Baht - 200 Baht for 'special" numbers, or more when sold in groups.

Her shoes, rest breaks and your woodworking costs are small compared to the cost of your basic product. See how cheaply you can buy tickets for first. Also consider the impact of moving in on someone else's selling patch.

Next how about speed boat tours of Pattaya Bay?

Thanks for all the feedback. In actual fact it is possible to buy the Thai lottery tickets wholesale in Bangkok for as little as 76.75 Baht, then the mark-up in Pattaya is, as you said is upto 100 or 110 Baht.

I don't think that the 'moving into someone's' patch issue is a problem, except for the stationary vendors, for example on 2nd Road or at certain Thai banks.

My intention is that she should be peripatetic {Note to 'percy2: that is not a disability}.

Now, back to the woodwork, I'm just chiseling-out for the hinges.

My intention is that she should be peripatetic {Note to 'percy2: that is not a disability}.

Just to save everybody looking it up like I had to....

per⋅i⋅pa⋅tet⋅ic

   /ˌpɛrəpəˈtɛtɪk/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [per-uh-puh-tet-ik] Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective

1. walking or traveling about; itinerant.

2. (initial capital letter) of or pertaining to Aristotle, who taught philosophy while walking in the Lyceum of ancient Athens.

3. (initial capital letter) of or pertaining to the Aristotelian school of philosophy.

–noun

4. a person who walks or travels about.

5. (initial capital letter) a member of the Aristotelian school.

Origin:

1400–50; late ME < L peripatēticus < Gk peripatētikós of Aristotle and his school, lit., walking about, equiv. to peripatē- (verbid s. of peripateîn to walk about, equiv. to peri- peri- + pateîn to walk; akin to path ) + -tikos -tic

Cheers

What I find amusing is where such vendors gather together to compare who is carrying what set of numbers - then they trade tickets depending on what's lucky that week.

Point of interest, one of my staff won a fair sum a few weeks ago - then bought me lunch.

I like the way you are always Thinking Big in your schemes, and your meticulously thought out business planning is second to none. I wish you more success in this venture than in your Baht bus scheme, which presumably foundered on the total absence of customers this high season. Proof that even the best thought out business ventures can founder in this crazy market!

I like the way you are always Thinking Big in your schemes, and your meticulously thought out business planning is second to none. I wish you more success in this venture than in your Baht bus scheme, which presumably foundered on the total absence of customers this high season. Proof that even the best thought out business ventures can founder in this crazy market!

I feel sure that some kind of business venture with the Thai wife can work. The best type is where I could contribute in some way (behind the scenes). The original Baht Bus idea was just not financially sound and was fraught with potential problems. It amazes me how they all keep going.

The Thai lottery ticket selling idea is the best I come up with at the moment. However, I am busy planning another for 2009 as recession begins to bite and the New Year tourist have gone back home.

I feel sure that some kind of business venture with the Thai wife can work. The best type is where I could contribute in some way (behind the scenes). The original Baht Bus idea was just not financially sound and was fraught with potential problems. It amazes me how they all keep going.

The Thai lottery ticket selling idea is the best I come up with at the moment. However, I am busy planning another for 2009 as recession begins to bite and the New Year tourist have gone back home.

Got it. Beach vendor. And I won't even want a free carried interest if you go with my idea. Just let us know how it goes!

what about a beauty salon, 7-11, massage place or any of the other many overdone businesses? why go against the trend... new ideas are for losers... i mean, there's so many of them all already, so they must all be popular and make great money... why else would they open 5 of the same shops in the same 10m space...

Edited by foxxx