Carabao Concert In Buriram 17-12-2008

benfica

hi,

i was wondering if any of you guys went to watch the carabao concert last night in buriram?what did you think of the concert?

well i want along despite my wife's warning about fights however i didn't take her too serious as i have been to big day out concerts in australia which attracts up to 90;0000 concert goers and i have never been intimidated by it.last night it was different as i couldn't believe the amount of riot police present including one with a machinegun,the crowd was well behaved for the opening band set, when carabao started playing it didn't take long for the riot police to come into play at first i thought the police were overeacting,the longer the concert went on i totally agreed with the police heavy handed approach.i must admit i have never seen so many drunken village idiots trying to punch on, they wouldn't been able to punch on with my grandmother as they were pathetic.overall the vast majority of the crowd were well behaved unfortunetely for a small percentage of the crowd stuffed a good concert.as i was leaving the venue i witnessed groups fighting amongst themselves and i was told this morning one person was killed outside the venue.judt let me know if any of you guys were present.cheers.

hi,

i was wondering if any of you guys went to watch the carabao concert last night in buriram?what did you think of the concert?

well i want along despite my wife's warning about fights however i didn't take her too serious as i have been to big day out concerts in australia which attracts up to 90;0000 concert goers and i have never been intimidated by it.last night it was different as i couldn't believe the amount of riot police present including one with a machinegun,the crowd was well behaved for the opening band set, when carabao started playing it didn't take long for the riot police to come into play at first i thought the police were overeacting,the longer the concert went on i totally agreed with the police heavy handed approach.i must admit i have never seen so many drunken village idiots trying to punch on, they wouldn't been able to punch on with my grandmother as they were pathetic.overall the vast majority of the crowd were well behaved unfortunetely for a small percentage of the crowd stuffed a good concert.as i was leaving the venue i witnessed groups fighting amongst themselves and i was told this morning one person was killed outside the venue.judt let me know if any of you guys were present.cheers.

Whilst clearly not the place to have been last night, it is a shame, once again, that the Buriram local farangs did not consider posting advance details of the concert on TV, so that those that live "out of town" but still within the province, could have had an opportunity of attending.

hi,

at first i thought the police were overeacting,the longer the concert went on i totally agreed with the police heavy handed approach.i must admit i have never seen so many drunken village idiots trying to punch on, they wouldn't been able to punch on with my grandmother as they were pathetic.overall the vast majority of the crowd were well behaved unfortunetely for a small percentage of the crowd stuffed a good concert.as i was leaving the venue i witnessed groups fighting amongst themselves and i was told this morning one person was killed outside the venue.judt let me know if any of you guys were present.cheers.

What you describe is to common everywhere nowadays also in the small villages of Isaan. Lot of drunks (youths) destroying all fun for other people. :D:o

hi,

Whilst clearly not the place to have been last night, it is a shame, once again, that the Buriram local farangs did not consider posting advance details of the concert on TV, so that those that live "out of town" but still within the province, could have had an opportunity of attending.

to whoever is interested on the 23-12-2008 clash (thailand'sost popular rock band)at the buriram festival.i hope its trouble free.

There were actually TWO Carabao concerts last week in Buriram. One with NO major incidents was INSIDE the "Tawandang Night Club" very near Speed Disco. I spoke with a Buriram Policeman who was on duty at the OUTDOOR "civic" type event as part of the 15 night annual festival in Buriram and AFTER that OUTDOOR show there was a death.

Let's see, a very low admission price for a very long OUTDOOR event, with alcohol on sale at many booths at a very low price. Sort of like the 10 cent beer night promotion on June 4, 2974 at a Cleveland Indians Baseball Game.

I am not sure if and how Tawandang Night club advertises in English, but they do have a web site in Thai which seems to list events at several night clubs with the same name. I have seen "poster boards" near the night club which list the dates, prices and beverages included with the "name' attractions. In Thai, but not tough to get translated.

www.tawandang.co.th is a Thai only web site. In my limited experience seeing live shows in Issan, the "outdoor festival" shows with NO assigned seats are less peaceful than the INDOOR shows with assigned reserved seating. They do a decent "concert search" when entering Tawandang Night club.