Scooter - Registration, License, Etc ?

rjk

Hi Guys and Gals.

I am about to buy a new Honda Click Scooter.

The guy at the shop says it could take a month for registration to be completed but can put a temporary plate on it ? I don't understand how this works. How much grief am I likely to suffer with an effectively unregistered new bike ?

My Personal Assistant is taking me to get my Thai drivers license, however I have been told that in the short term my local Australian license and IDP will get me by ... is this correct as of now ? I have read on this forum so many conflicting reports I am just confused.

Any advice, warnings, advice on 'amounts of tea money' required to get by etc appreciated.

cheers

Hi Guys and Gals.

I am about to buy a new Honda Click Scooter.

The guy at the shop says it could take a month for registration to be completed but can put a temporary plate on it ? I don't understand how this works. How much grief am I likely to suffer with an effectively unregistered new bike ?

My Personal Assistant is taking me to get my Thai drivers license, however I have been told that in the short term my local Australian license and IDP will get me by ... is this correct as of now ? I have read on this forum so many conflicting reports I am just confused.

Any advice, warnings, advice on 'amounts of tea money' required to get by etc appreciated.

cheers

All new vehicles start with a red plate. A month for reg. is not uncommon. Best to get Thai dr. lic. although IDP is also okay. Don't fret over the processes.