O Visa Bank Account Update (re: Marriage)

Thanks to all of you who post info about the visa extension process. Here is my experience today at Suan Phlu in BKK

I have a 3 month O visa, and am under 50 - trying to extend stay based on marriage.

1. I can confirm the 400,000 Baht rule for 3 months.

2. However, a Letter of Gaurantee from your Thai Bank branch manager (in Thai of course) is required. They won't give you the extension without this and it should be dated no more than a few days prior to you making the application at the Immigration Office. A xerox of your bank book is NOT sufficient. (this is new I think isn't it?)

3. You can't apply for the extention until you have less than 30 days remaining in your O Visa.

4. Make sure you and your wife sign the marriage certificate copy and any copies of children's birth certificates (both of you) and of course make sure she signs the copies of her Family Book and ID card. You sign the copies of your passport and visa pages

5. As for the photos, the Officer I spoke with wanted the photos frm 'inside' the house and without any other people in the frame apart from you and your wife and kids (if they are biological kids from this marriage). It's ok to have one outside

6. Four photos will do. Mount them on A4 paper - four to a page.

Good luck.

1. It is two months now.

2. Not a letter of guarantee, but a letter confirming the balance. It always had to the original.

4. Some officers want the copies to be signed in their presence but in such case it is no problem if they were signed beforehand: just sign them a second time in front of the officer.

--

Maestro