Bus Services To Thonburi Market?

GungaDin

from victory there is 515 to Salaya - get off at Liap Khlong Thawi wattana and from here a songtow or a 5 minutes taxi (50baht). From Sanam Luang there is air con 91 (goes partly through Pet Khasem and all Thonburi - so slow) to Thanon Assumption and from here taxi 5 minutes.

from victory there is 515 to Salaya - get off at Liap Khlong Thawi wattana and from here a songtow or a 5 minutes taxi (50baht). From Sanam Luang there is air con 91 (goes partly through Pet Khasem and all Thonburi - so slow) to Thanon Assumption and from here taxi 5 minutes.

Thank LT,

I'm familiar with the 515, I thought of getting it as far as Phuttamonton Sai 3 and taxiing from there.

What do you reckon?

-------------------

Thonburi Market

or +13° 44' 47.99", +100° 21' 7.88"

the mall is probably Central Department Store on Phra Pinklao (from the river pass PATA on the right and the Central would be the next stop, on the left side of the road).

the market is just off the Liap Khlong Thawi Wattana (on the google map incorrectly Thawi Wattana), get off from 515 there and take a songtow for 5 baht or a short taxi ride.

Puthamonthon 3 is one junction to early and the taxi driver can take you "for a ride", as the road is not straith and as you probably don't know the area you can't correct him

This is like asking where to get off for the West-London market: Thonburi is quite big and swarms with markets. Without telling which one-this Question does not make any sense. Also without telling from where in ''town'' asking for buses also does not make much sense.

There are 2 Malls=the deptment store of that name-Ta Pra and Bang Khae (just completely renovated)

there are at least 2 big Central-shopcentres; Pinklao (NOT really served by 515, but by 511,516 and 556) and at Ram 2=far south

I get the impression that the talk is about a ''floating''market-like either at Taling Chan (thats the proper name)-WEEKEND only or the more local and further out Don Wai=beyond the western limits of Krung Thep-betweent the old and new roads to Nakorn Pathom, also WEEKEND only

Hi asanee.

"Thonburi Market"

or +13° 44' 47.99", +100° 21' 7.88"

What could be clearer? :o

It's probably the biggest market in Thailand after JJ Market. :D

If I'm going into a new area, I look for landmarks passed onto me, hence,

I'd be looking for the Klong after soi 123 on the left of rte 338 before the 338 crosses the 3310.

Best landmarks I can see on gmaps is the klong & Kasinthom Academy.

BTW my Polish fwend, Gmaps have listed Liap Khlong Thawi Wattana correctly. :D

cheers